MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

11 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

So which track was released today (Friday) ? 

Someone has said its Deeper and Deeper 

5 minutes ago, spanky1995 said:

Someone has said its Deeper and Deeper 

Yaaaaas, one of the better performances, thanks for the info. 

I hate to complain AGAIN but wtf is up with her vocal mixing? Can't they just put in a little bit more effort? Its like hearing Studiodonna having a singing battle with Livedonna.  Deeper and Deeper is the worst offender yet. 

11 minutes ago, loowee said:

I hate to complain AGAIN but wtf is up with her vocal mixing? Can't they just put in a little bit more effort? Its like hearing Studiodonna having a singing battle with Livedonna.  Deeper and Deeper is the worst offender yet. 

If it's exactly like the showtime version, then yes, it's one of the worst tracks in terms of vocals. Sometimes it sounds like there is no lead vocal at all.

Oh God, should be go back to the audio recorded by the fans?

I have the Chicago one, but is there another better? Or any from the Australian shows? 

Did that Aldo guy "design" the back/inside of the package? :blink:

3 hours ago, loowee said:

I guess she had "a cold" in Sydney too?

7 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

21272367_1427678427316452_65676565440105

21317563_1427678430649785_54636830325115

The packaging is pretty cool. That second disc should be a disc full of extras though instead of a useless CD, but hey ho. 

7 hours ago, SimonVenekeo said:

21317563_1427678430649785_54636830325115

They could use different photos... lol

8Mvyl_s-200x150.gif

It's not my intention at all to complain about those vocal (mixing) issues all the time, but I think it's so sad. She had really good shows on this tour vocally and they should've used these takes. Maybe she's getting more insecure about this or she just doesn't care about what's audible on the final product, but even if she doesn't, there should be people in her team who DO care about essential things like this.

She's the biggest star in the world and the Rebel Heart Tour was such a wonderful experience and journey. She and her team should handle these kind of releases more carefully. She's my favourite singer in the world and when I revisit her live recordings, I want to HEAR her. She can even lipsynch some tracks, that's ok, but her voice doesn't need to hide behind all these backing tracks.

Please forgive me my (repeated) moaning about this issue, but she deserves better. :angel:

59 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

It's not my intention at all to complain about those vocal (mixing) issues all the time, but I think it's so sad. She had really good shows on this tour vocally and they should've used these takes. Maybe she's getting more insecure about this or she just doesn't care about what's audible on the final product, but even if she doesn't, there should be people in her team who DO care about essential things like this.

She's the biggest star in the world and the Rebel Heart Tour was such a wonderful experience and journey. She and her team should handle these kind of releases more carefully. She's my favourite singer in the world and when I revisit her live recordings, I want to HEAR her. She can even lipsynch some tracks, that's ok, but her voice doesn't need to hide behind all these backing tracks.

Please forgive me my (repeated) moaning about this issue, but she deserves better. :angel:

Well, it's a tricky one isn't it? One could argue that trawling through every single show and putting together a patchwork of best vocals would be somehow 'cheating'. Then there's the Sticky & Sweet scenario where everything was autotuned to high heaven or even replaced with studio takes. Ideally, you'd have something like Confessions where a good amount of reverb and soft touching-up would work, but then the Confessions live show wasn't augmented by the amount of backing tracks RHT was, so in that respect the RHT mixing is actually being faithful to the original. Go into an arena and blast the RHT CD at volume and it will probably just about resemble what was heard on the night. I think they did an okay job on it.

4 hours ago, LoveBoxx said:

Did that Aldo guy "design" the back/inside of the package? :blink:

Looks like. Too good to be true, love the cover tho. Amazing. 

7 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Looks like. Too good to be true

How so? All the pics are regular pics we've already seen, the layout just looks...normal. Nothing is really screaming Aldo Diaz about it.

49 minutes ago, Kim said:

How so? All the pics are regular pics we've already seen, the layout just looks...normal. Nothing is really screaming Aldo Diaz about it.

Probably because I never really like that artwork of Showtime. Thought it was a Aldo creation. 

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Probably because I never really like that artwork of Showtime. Thought it was a Aldo creation. 

Oh I quite liked that artwork. I HOPE Aldo didn't do it :nocomment:  I think the red vibe is more in keeping with RHT than the blue of the DVD (even though it's a great pic of course)

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Oh I quite liked that artwork. I HOPE Aldo didn't do it :nocomment:  I think the red vibe is more in keeping with RHT than the blue of the DVD (even though it's a great pic of course)

I agree, I loved the Showtime poster, would have loved to see it as a DVD cover, but I am not complaing, the one we got is very nice.

Loving the packaging.

My order from Jb Hi-Fi in Australia has been pushed back until 29th September :/ I wonder if this is just Australia or worldwide?

Yes, it's delayed in Australia until end of Sept, I am happy I preordered the Japanese version as I'll actually get that now before it's even out here!:blink:

The delay is only on the Blu Ray and BluRay pack from one retailer - Universal are not aware of any changes to schedule as of yet. ITunes and DVD are still September 15 for Australia and other retailers still advertising 15 September for the BluRay etc

Since the Confessions Tour all vocals is trickery and absurdity. I wish I had a real videoscreens bootleg from CT instead of the official one :lmao: When she sings Sorry like Speedy Gonzales, I mean... 

Resultado de imagen de madonna sorry gif

Tonight the RHT is on TV in Italy 

Canale5 ' s gonna broadcasts the show

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Since the Confessions Tour all vocals is trickery and absurdity. I wish I had a real videoscreens bootleg from CT instead of the official one :lmao: When she sings Sorry like Speedy Gonzales, I mean... 

Sorry was always lip-synched though, except the last few lines.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

I always thought those chipmunky vocals were some sort of PAL speed-up issue as it was filmed on digital film rather than video. There were lots of issues back then when digital media was kinda in its infancy. None of that would be an issue if they'd just put it out on HD of course (streaming or blu, whatever) like any other company would have done by now.

12 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

The mole is back and bigger than ever! Yas! :headbang:

:chuckle:

18 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

The mole is back and bigger than ever! Yas! :headbang:

tumblr_ojf764ovqj1vfkrjmo2_r1_400.gif

Deeper And Deeper sounds better than I expected. I can hear her live vocal a bit better than I remember from the broadcast. 

I just jancelled my first only digital download and I'm going to the night sale on the 14th to get the physical ones. 

I don't even have my blue ray playr connected anymore...