MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

spotlight    0
8 minutes ago, Mmmmm said:

:inlove::inlove::inlove: 

Pedro    0

Wow! Haven't seen the HD Version looks amazing!!! 

Why do Japanese versions have bonus tracks?
Imported CDs are cheaper to purchase in Japan than domestic ones. These bonus tracks are placed on the Japanese versions as an incentive for locals to buy the domestic albums as opposed to sending money overseas for imports of the original album. Those same albums that are local there, become our Japanese imports.

Kim    0
3 hours ago, Jamesy said:

What is the logic in the US / European / International release not containing "Take a Bow"? I know in Japan there's a history of including bonus tracks on albums and there's been the CD+DVD versions of COADF and RH there - but, from Japanese point of view, is this to generate export sales? Doesn't the UK record company care about exports? I am a bit baffled.

As for LDLHA - it's a shame - but the theory about it being left off cos it is a cover version seems like total nonsense to me. 

La Vie En Rose is a cover. Billie Jean, I Can't Help Myself, Family Affair, Imagine, Don't Cry For Me Argentina - they are all cover versions and all have been released on Madonna tour home videos.

Conclusion must be that Madonna has decided she's not keen on the LDLHA performance. That's how she operates. She doesn't like it now!

Other posters have mentioned that it's often cheaper for Japanese consumers to buy imports rather than domestic product for whatever reason, so incentives are put on the Japan versions. It is unusual for a Madonna concert, but I think at this point ...anything goes when it comes to Team Madge. Her big fans will be importing this version en masse, as I'm sure they're aware. 

As far as LDLHA goes, I guess we're just giving them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to possible rights issues. I mean it IS possible that during the clearance process they encountered problems, but more likely,  the cover version aspect made it the perfect song to excise to meet the 2hr Showtime broadcast limit then they simply....didn't bother reinstating it, which would mean getting rights clearance and maybe they couldn't be arsed. The continued absence of Lucky Star and edits to Deeper & Deeper etc indicates they just didn't bother. The only rights issues I can recall in the past are Madge balking at the amount they wanted from her to include a clip of ToD in IGTTYAS, and the removal of the Stardust sample from the Holiday DWT performance.

Pedro    0
26 minutes ago, Kim said:

Other posters have mentioned that it's often cheaper for Japanese consumers to buy imports rather than domestic product for whatever reason, so incentives are put on the Japan versions. It is unusual for a Madonna concert, but I think at this point ...anything goes when it comes to Team Madge. Her big fans will be importing this version en masse, as I'm sure they're aware. 

As far as LDLHA goes, I guess we're just giving them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to possible rights issues. I mean it IS possible that during the clearance process they encountered problems, but more likely,  the cover version aspect made it the perfect song to excise to meet the 2hr Showtime broadcast limit then they simply....didn't bother reinstating it, which would mean getting rights clearance and maybe they couldn't be arsed. The continued absence of Lucky Star and edits to Deeper & Deeper etc indicates they just didn't bother. The only rights issues I can recall in the past are Madge balking at the amount they wanted from her to include a clip of ToD in IGTTYAS, and the removal of the Stardust sample from the Holiday DWT performance.

Yeah I think that's what's happening. 

Shaun    0

Ahhhhhh Material Girl looks incredible!

S.E.X.    0

Of course she cut the only redeeming part of this tour for me. :lmao: 

Take a Bow, Who's That Girl and LDLHA were the parts I was most excited about. Instead we get the most boring rendition of LAP which has been done to death by now. 

At least I won't have to spend my money on this shit lol. She can keep it!

magom    0

I always thought Candy Shop would be the promotion single.

loowee    0
2 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Take a Bow, Who's That Girl and LDLHA were the parts I was most excited about. Instead we get the most boring rendition of LAP which has been done to death by now. 

ok.

Je5u5    0
3 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

Of course they will try to promote it using what was one of the least interesting performances of the show. Seriously.

14 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Image result for girl bye jizz

loowee    0

Out of all the classic songs she performed, this performance feels like the best choice for promotion. It would be stupid to use a song from Rebel Heart. LAV was amazing live but the editing was crap. The Material Girl performance is visually beautiful, albeit being a bit too slow at parts. What else would they have used? Holiday? Music? La Isla Bonita? y'all would've said the same thing about how "boring" they are.

S.E.X.    0
56 minutes ago, loowee said:

ok.

Yeah it really wasn't my cup of tea. :queenbitch:

tuckeye    0

i love it BUT it isnt a big banger performance of this show. maybe because it's a classic that everyone knows. 

I agree that the MG performance is not a good choice to promote this release, but then again..I'm surprised there is an actual promotional video for this Rebel Mess. 

BTW: is the If I Had A Hammer moment still part of the show? I haven't watched the Showtime show in months and I can't remember if it was in the actual show or it was just a promotional video. It's a cover song, so the idea that it's there but LDLHA is not because she didn't wat to pay for it is even more ridiculous. 

tuckeye    0

its end credits isnt it

Kim    0
9 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

but LDLHA is not because she didn't wat to pay for it is even more ridiculous. 

But isn't it even more ridiculous to think that they just couldn't be arsed reinserting it? (especially as it makes the product more commercially viable)? Or that she didn't like her voice or some other dumb excuse? All clearance rights issues aren't created equally anyway. One song can be a breeze to get, another can be made damn difficult by the rights holders. 

I'm much more bummed about not having Behind the Bars in studio quality anyway. She performs it beautifully. 

tuckeye    0

well i dont know if its on the blu-ray. what if it isn't! lol that would be sad.

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

But isn't it even more ridiculous to think that they just couldn't be arsed reinserting it? (especially as it makes the product more commercially viable)? Or that she didn't like her voice or some other dumb excuse? All clearance rights issues aren't created equally anyway. One song can be a breeze to get, another can be made damn difficult by the rights holders. 

I'm much more bummed about not having Behind the Bars in studio quality anyway. She performs it beautifully. 

As I said in the closed thread, I believe the main reason it's not there and LAP and TAB are just extras is  because she didn't want do to another edit for the bluray. That's why I don't think it's a copyright problem. She's just lazy. 

Edited by cosmic_system

7 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

well i dont know if its on the blu-ray. what if it isn't! lol that would be sad.

I hope the the Detroit segment is not there! 

Kim    0
1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

As I said in the closed thread, I believe the main reason it's not there and LAP and TAB are just extras is  because she didn't want do to another edit for the bluray. That's why I don't think it's a copyright problem. She's just lazy. 

Well one would assume there was a full edit then they carefully cut it down to 2 hours to meet the remit. To go into the editing room thinking about a two hour TV broadcast instead of what the lasting document of the tour would be just seems incredibly shortsighted. Then they could herald the release as "full uncut for the first time blah blah" but then, they know that dafties will buy 15 copies each so maybe they just don't care. As usual, there's no one around to actually suggest these things to Madge, certainly not Mr. Oseary who's too busy with U2's far superior physical releases and far more disconcerting fan base :bad: Anyway, this is all oooooold news. Roll on the next era.....