Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
V.K

MDNA Skin U.S. Launch (1st thread)

Recommended Posts

I'm allergic to everything so will not be using this will continue with my exclusive line of Eucerin moisturizers lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kim said:

The Serum, $240

The Eye Serum, $120

The Rose Mist, $120

The Eye Mask, $50 to $120

The Chrome Clay Mask, $120 to $220 

The Face Wash, $50 

The Rejuvenator Set (Chrome Clay Mask with Removal & Penetration tool) $600

Removal Tool, $180

Mask Remover Sheets, $12.

A Finishing Cream will join the lineup in Japan and the U.S. in November, followed by a Reinvention Cream :wow: and an Onyx Black Beauty Roller made with a high-density carbon that emits high infrared rays next year.

 

So how many of you wrinkly old queens will be forking out for this overpriced tat? :catty:

Guess I will only use the face wash :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

I'm allergic to everything so will not be using this will continue with my exclusive line of Eucerin moisturizers lol

same here.. and somewhere I read there is alcohol in the cleanser ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good/important beauty products are expensive, at least it's not some cheap supermarket line. That new poster is scary though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised she went the high-end route with this muck, and the cheapo route with her (discontinued) perfume. Had it been the other way around, she could have had a moneymaker for life like Liz Taylor et al. 

This overpriced ish will be on QVC within a year, or just completely disappear along with the cheap shoes and lingerie.

Thank the lord this deal with the devil is over soon... unless she signs up with them again (with urging from Mr O$$$eary) :IMG_1564:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kim said:

I'm surprised she went the high-end route with this muck, and the cheapo route with her (discontinued) perfume. Had it been the other way around, she could have had a moneymaker for life like Liz Taylor et al. 

This overpriced ish will be on QVC within a year, or just completely disappear along with the cheap shoes and lingerie.

Thank the lord this deal with the devil is over soon... unless she sign up with them again (with urging from Mr O$$$eary) :IMG_1564:

I think she put a lot of effort in this skincare line and the partner are very competent.. the devices are good.. let's see the formulas they chose.. of course she overpriced them because she's Madonna ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, systemvalues said:

I think she put a lot of effort in this skincare line and the partner are very competent.. the devices are good.. let's see the formulas they chose.. of course she overpriced them because she's Madonna ;)

Most experts will tell you that a tub of the cheapest face cream with specific basic ingredients is just as effective as the overpriced big name crap like de Mer or whatever it's called.

Yeah, Madge's face pack has magnetic particles in it that look cool when the $180 removal tool lifts it off the skin, but that's what you're paying for...gimmicks.

To each their own, but, y'know, I'm just here for the music.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was also surprised about the cheap route the perfume went... 

3 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I think she put a lot of effort in this skincare line and the partner are very competent.. the devices are good.. let's see the formulas they chose.. of course she overpriced them because she's Madonna ;)

The overprice is more a marketing, product and channel distribution strategy, rather than relaying on the Madonna name alone, that I think is not enough in this particular escenario.  

I guess this high end price is to give the product needed credentials to compete in the selected segment.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Most experts will tell you that a tub of the cheapest face cream with specific basic ingredients is just as effective as the overpriced big name crap like de Mer or whatever it's called.

Yeah, Madge's face pack has magnetic particles in it that look cool when the $180 removal tool lifts it off the skin, but that's what you're paying for...gimmicks.

To each their own, but, y'know, I'm just here for the music.

 

One of my clients in advertising was Nivea (lower end) this was on a global advertising account, with headquarters based in Hamburg, their claim was always that the medium range priced lotions and creams had the same ingredients and benefits from the higher brand names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rejuvenator Set with the Penetration tool sounds pretty promising :gent:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kim said:

Most experts will tell you that a tub of the cheapest face cream with specific basic ingredients is just as effective as the overpriced big name crap like de Mer or whatever it's called.

Yeah, Madge's face pack has magnetic particles in it that look cool when the $180 removal tool lifts it off the skin, but that's what you're paying for...gimmicks.

To each their own, but, y'know, I'm just here for the music.

 

I know that..creme de la mer has petrolatum inside, it costs nothing and it clogs your pores..as I wrote before creams and serums don't do that much for wrinkes..laser, fillers and  biostimulation are effective to a certain extent and  M clearly uses them..I know you're for music but we must admit that she believes in the things she usually promotes

 

30 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I was also surprised about the cheap route the perfume went... 

The overprice is more a marketing, product and channel distribution strategy, rather than relaying on the Madonna name alone, that I think is not enough in this particular escenario.  

I guess this high end price is to give the product needed credentials to compete in the selected segment.  

 

yes they chose that segment..as usual she chooses the best..lol p.s. I  studied economics too..nice to hear you work in advertising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, systemvalues said:

yes they chose that segment..as usual she chooses the best..lol p.s. I  studied economics too..nice to hear you work in advertising

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2017 at 8:09 PM, jaron said:

The Rejuvenator Set with the Penetration tool sounds pretty promising :gent:

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

Not likely. According to MTG - that Japanese company she teamed up with (via WWD.com) - the line did $383 million in revenue this year so far (up 46% over the previous year thanks to the expansion in other Asian markets). Even if Madonna only takes 10% of that (and I am certain she gets more than a standard celebrity cosmetics line), she's raking in close to $40 million a year. Just posting randomly about it on Instagram. Easy cash gig.

Hell, in 3 years she probably makes just as much as an 80 date stadium tour and she doesn't even have to leave her bathroom.

Did HER line really make that much money? Only in asia and we didnt even heard much about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these prices :rotfl:Madonna hun

I've got rent to pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-18 at 9:42 AM, Toni said:

What cream would you recommend for the acne prone skin type? My son has acne and its hard finding a good product that works.

Argan oil. It's cheap and effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food or MDNA Skin? Gotta be MDNA Skin, food can wait. :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Argan oil. It's cheap and effective.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Not likely. According to MTG - that Japanese company she teamed up with (via WWD.com) - the line did $383 million in revenue this year so far (up 46% over the previous year thanks to the expansion in other Asian markets). Even if Madonna only takes 10% of that (and I am certain she gets more than a standard celebrity cosmetics line), she's raking in close to $40 million a year. Just posting randomly about it on Instagram. Easy cash gig.

Hell, in 3 years she probably makes just as much as an 80 date stadium tour and she doesn't even have to leave her bathroom.

:clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Not likely. According to MTG - that Japanese company she teamed up with (via WWD.com) - the line did $383 million in revenue this year so far (up 46% over the previous year thanks to the expansion in other Asian markets). Even if Madonna only takes 10% of that (and I am certain she gets more than a standard celebrity cosmetics line), she's raking in close to $40 million a year. Just posting randomly about it on Instagram. Easy cash gig.

Hell, in 3 years she probably makes just as much as an 80 date stadium tour and she doesn't even have to leave her bathroom.

No. The company MTG the umbrella under which her line appears in Japan (who also have about 20 other lines as well) are on track to make that amount. Please tell me you didn't actually think Madge's products made the equivalent of a multi national line like L'oreal or Clarins :censored:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Starman said:

Did HER line really make that much money? Only in asia and we didnt even heard much about it

No. More misinformation. MTG, a huge cosmetics company in Japan who sell Madge's muck, did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kim said:

No. More misinformation. MTG, a huge cosmetics company in Japan who make Madge's muck, did.

Well that's infinitely more reasonable... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×