MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

White nationalists marching in Charlottesville

Trump will loose a huge chunk of supports if he condemns these white nationalists.

I won't be surprised if he tweets "Make America White Again". :bad: 

Right wingers who are sympathisers to these racists, bigots and white supremacists citing freedom of speech are just as bad and should be condemned in equal measure. You don't get your freedom of speech to spew out venom against other human beings. Why not give a platform to ISIS then? What about paedophiles? And rapists? Murderers? Robbers? Thieves? Shouldn't all those people have a voice and march to defend their identity as well? After all they're only evoking their first amendment right?  Since when racism is something to be proud of? Isn't inciting racism a criminal act?  

This world is going crazy.  

1 hour ago, horn said:

Trump will loose a huge chunk of supports if he condemns these white nationalists.

Yes but he's got nowhere to hide now. During his rallies people didn't take him seriously because everybody thought he was a laughing stock and he would never win. Now it's a completely different thing. He's president and he's been pressed left right centre to take a stand. The longer he awaits the more damages he will suffer..

Trump played with fire and he's bound to get burned. He used white power rethorics to get those idiots to fully support him and run a very biased online and political campaign to get him elected. They would fill his rallies and make him feel as popular as the next big superstar. Even his Make America Great Again slogan was a tongue in cheek shout out to all the people who wanted to go back instead of moving forward. No wonder all the racists and bigots followed him. Trump only option is to condemn his basic fan base or he won't last long. 

1 hour ago, horn said:

This really does make me wonder how many of them there are? 

Its a strange time to be alive. We're in a world talking about a possible nuclear war and the KKK/Nazis - that's supposed to be a history lessons and we all no better now! 

Social Media is the real culprit of this worldwide movement. Without any responsability it gave a voice to the far-right ideology that used to be restricted by not having access to conventional media platfforms. I blame Mark Zuckerberg for all of this mess! He should be acountable for profiting on human insecurities by opening the pandora box without any regulation whatsoever! Free speech my ass! The same rule of law that restrict open racism, homophobic and xenophobic in real life should be applied to the internet, specially the toxic facebook!

52 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Social Media is the real culprit of this worldwide movement. Without any responsability it gave a voice to the far-right ideology that used to be restricted by not having access to conventional media platfforms. I blame Mark Zuckerberg for all of this mess! He should be acountable for profiting on human insecurities by opening the pandora box without any regulation whatsoever! Free speech my ass! The same rule of law that restrict open racism, homophobic and xenophobic in real life should be applied to the internet, specially the toxic facebook!

Social media can be toxic but I don't put the blame on it.  There was no social media around with the rise of Hitler.  

Exactly. There's a big amount of bigots and supremacits, misogynists, homophobes...  They only need to be validated to feel strong enough and parade, march and even push further and try to win elections. 

Facebook is just a showcase of these people, but there are much more hidden, too ashamed to verbalize their believes, until some Trump or some UKip or some LePenn comes and release the beast.  

43 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Exactly. There's a big amount of bigots and supremacits, misogynists, homophobes...  They only need to be validated to feel strong enough and parade, march and even push further and try to win elections. 

Facebook is just a showcase of these people, but there are much more hidden, too ashamed to verbalize their believes, until some Trump or some UKip or some LePenn comes and release the beast.  

So true.  Political leaders and movements give these people validation and acceptance.  

This is how neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer characterizes Trump's remarks.

IMG_3487

28 minutes ago, Hector said:

This is how neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer characterizes Trump's remarks.

IMG_3487

Sickening.  What they are saying is true though. He has not condemned them. They have new life and validation due to that revolting orange buffoon and his toxic disgusting views and behaviour.  

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Social media can be toxic but I don't put the blame on it.  There was no social media around with the rise of Hitler.  

Very good point. It's definitely not social media perse, but people's mentality. Social media - media in general- just helps carry that condition faster and further.

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

America is so stupid :lmao: Implode already.

We are & always have been. It's all so ridiculous  :rotfl:

40 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

America is so stupid :lmao: Implode already.

I want the sun to eat up everyone who is melanin deprived.

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

So true. It always is easy to blame the social medias or network, but how about the traditional media ? Dont they support or give subliminal messages to the people about a certain case ?

As I mentioned before, its good those people go out and demonstrate. The government can identify them and observe. Of course that other incident with the car is horrible. Should not happen.

I am curious how far this will go and what will happen. President will take a long weekend vacation next week to play golf, since he skipped it this week :p

DHCsSnkXsAIwf9N.jpg

:megamanson:

This would be grounds for imprisonment in Germany.

Social media spread that message like wild fire because its direct and very in your face, unlike "subliminal" traditional media. The message is there for anyone to see and spread, much quicker and effective than any traditional media ever been. Ultimately its social media that enables politicians like Trump and Le Pen gain ground and validates these ideologies once they are officialy in power.

In France we have an expression for this kind of men : babtous fragiles.  Babtous is an african word that means whitey (and fragile, well you got it). We use the expression whenever these white supremacists cry about their culture supposedly disapearing and they can't handle it.

I truly believe this is not the beginning but the end even for Trump, him being president is like the bouquet final of years of white privileges because no matter how vocal these men are, the march of the world is not going their way that's why they are getting more and more vocal. Sadly it will take another generation or two to see these privileges going away. They may have the money and power but we are outnumbering them.

Meanwhile today was just another day in good ol' USA

40 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Social media spread that message like wild fire because its direct and very in your face, unlike "subliminal" traditional media. The message is there for anyone to see and spread, much quicker and effective than any traditional media ever been. Ultimately its social media that enables politicians like Trump and Le Pen gain ground and validates these ideologies once they are officialy in power.

How then do you explain the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc gaining power and all other dictators and fascists from past eras ?  Social media can also be used for good to expose these leaders and their supporters.