White nationalists marching in Charlottesville

Camacho

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/quit-trump-committees-protest-article-1.3410084

Trump calls out Merck's black CEO, silence for white nationalists

BY  TERENCE CULLEN 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Monday, August 14, 2017, 10:14 AM

President Trump hasn't personally called out neo-Nazis or white supremacists following the Charlottesville tragedy — but he's naming and shaming Merck's African-American CEO.

Kenneth Frazier, head of the pharmaceutical giant, quit the American Manufacturing Council in protest of Trump’s highly criticized response to the violence in Charlottesville, Va.

Trump fired back in a tweeted response less than an hour after the announcement.

“Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!” Trump tweeted.

Frazier said in a statement he wants to “take a stand against intolerance and extremism.”

“America’s leaders must honor our fundamental values by clearly rejecting expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy, which run counter to the American ideal that all people are created equal,” he said.

The high-profile exit comes amid continued criticism of Trump’s vague statements Saturday about the clashes in Charlottesville. Frazier didn’t directly name the President in his response to Saturday’s violence.

White nationalist groups converged on the Virginia city for their hate-filled “Unite the Right” rally that attracted counter protesters. Clashes broke out, and a woman protesting the racists was killed when a Dodge Challenger plowed into a crowd.

The White House said a day later that Trump’s remarks — which didn’t name white nationalists, neo-Nazis or the KKK — did in fact condemn the hate groups.

Vice President Mike Pence and Attorney General Jeff Sessions have also tried making that case.

Frazier is the latest captain of industry to drop a White House role in protest.

Tesla’s Elon Musk and Disney’s Bob Iger stepped away from the President’s Strategic and Policy Forum in protest of Trump’s decision to pull out of the Paris climate agreement.

18 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

How then do you explain the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot etc gaining power and all other dictators and fascists from past eras ?  Social media can also be used for good to expose these leaders and their supporters.  

Yes yes yes. Social media is not different from society. It's exactly the tech mirror of society. Whatever is going on in social media is going on in the real world. Social media didn't start anything. It only enhanced whatever was out there in the first place. 

^ This, yet there are some of these f'king 'pundits' not a lot but some...too many giving him some praise for this *canned, forced, robotic,  pile of bull shit 'speech'. Then walks away like the bitch he is and doesn't take questions!? :wacko: While he's getting bashed all over Twitter and most are in agreement that  (regardless of how he really feels which we know) this HAD to be said Saturday or yesterday at the very latest. If anything makes it worse that it took 48 hours and 2 scripts later. Disaster. This is quite separate but Bush Katrina-esque. 

He was forced to condemn white supremacists against his will so he needed to quickly think of a gift for his racist voters as an apology, and to let them know he's still on their side

5 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Some of the comments in here about white people are equally as disgusting and racist as white nationalists marching somewhere in the US.

Hypocrites.

cry me a river, bitch 

I'm mostly kidding when I say white people are the worst, I love pissing you guys off. But I do think it's absolutely ridiculous that everyone who's not white has to apologize for what anyone in their skin color / religions does. For example, if a brown muslim does something, all brown muslims have to apologize on behalf of all brown muslims or they're sympathizers. If a black guy does something horrible, all black people have to apologize. Etc., etc.

If a white person does something, they're just "the minority" and you will never ever hear white people apologize on behalf of their people and their fucked up culture. And yes, it's fucked up. The idea that you're above other people is fucked up and a cancer on society. 

6 hours ago, pjcowley said:

Some of the comments in here about white people are equally as disgusting and racist as white nationalists marching somewhere in the US.

Hypocrites.

I agree.

But it's always the same people, so no worries. Dumb one day, forever dumb. 

On 8/13/2017 at 6:51 PM, jaron said:

well, the reality is different that the theory.

Its forbidden in germany in any kind of way, wearing, saluting or expressing yourself.

But you will not get imprisoned. Much more, you get fined to pay money and thats it. But mostly and thats for sure, you gonna loose your job if someone reports your ideology to your employer.

Weren't a couple of Chinese tourists arrested in Germany a couple weeks ago? I've read you can be imprisoned for up to 3 years for this kind of activity, but you know better than me. xo

The over whelming percentage of white people are disgusted, ashamed and hate white supremacists.  I don't remotely support those pond scum who I find evil and horrible.    Don't know why people think it is necessary to then have a go at all white people because of those revolting idiots.  

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The over whelming percentage of white people are disgusted, ashamed and hate white supremacists.  I don't remotely support those pond scum who I find evil and horrible.    Don't know why people think it is necessary to then have a go at all white people because of those revolting idiots.  

Silence on the matter is consigning it. Your white let it be known white supremacy needs to be dismantled. The systematic kind.

8 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

Silence on the matter is consigning it. Your white let it be known white supremacy needs to be dismantled. The systematic kind.

I always call out racists and white supremacists.  I find then repulsive, evil, ignorant and shameful. Racism and sexism are evils of this world that should never be tolerated.  The woman killed in the riots against the supremacy was white.   Many white people are ashamed, horrified and furious with these evil Neo nazis and speak out and demonstrate against them. 

Blaming all white people for the disgusting actions and views of the scum that are white supremacists is wrong. It would be like women blaming all men for the way women are discriminated against.  Many men speak out and support women's rights and I never want to put those men in the same category as women haters.  The thought of white supremacy is sickening and I will always say that to anyone. 

7 hours ago, MadFan said:

Weren't a couple of Chinese tourists arrested in Germany a couple weeks ago? I've read you can be imprisoned for up to 3 years for this kind of activity, but you know better than me. xo

You are right. The police arrested them, but they paid 500 Euro each as security deposit and got free.

But this is not the same like being imprisoned after a court trial.

Mostly you pay around 500 - 5.000 € penalty and no imprisonment.

But we had one case, one guy posted on his facebook some antisemitic comments referring to Hitler. He got reported by a friend to his employer, and he got fired.

That guy lost his job and didnt get it back.

5 hours ago, erotica blu said:

How many times have we discussed the systematic kind of white supremacy in this very forum only to be told that we're making up, being ridiculous. Remember GetUnconcious? :wacko:

I have no idea how we're ever going to move forward when we have to be careful about just saying something like oh, I don't know, I had to work twice as hard as my white colleagues to get to where I am today. I don't say this to get pity. I hate pity. It's just a fact.

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I always call out racists and white supremacists.  I find then repulsive, evil, ignorant and shameful. Racism and sexism are evils of this world that should never be tolerated.  The woman killed in the riots against the supremacy was white.   Many white people are ashamed, horrified and furious with these evil Neo nazis and speak out and demonstrate against them. 

Blaming all white people for the disgusting actions and views of the scum that are white supremacists is wrong. It would be like women blaming all men for the way women are discriminated against.  Many men speak out and support women's rights and I never want to put those men in the same category as women haters.  The thought of white supremacy is sickening and I will always say that to anyone. 

Thank you. 

Some of the responses in here are disappointing to say the least. I'm right there with you when calling out this deplorable behavior. I'm anything but silent on these types of sitauations or any situation that has to do with discrimination of any kind.