White nationalists marching in Charlottesville

Camacho

2 hours ago, Hector said:

What is this flimsy condemnation?! "Many sides"?! There is only ONE side that deserves condemnation. He won't explicitly come down on them say because they represent the 35 percent of hateful dumb assholes in this country that still support him. 

Shameful. This is Trump's AMERIKKKA. Sure, these racists have always been around and always will be around. HOWEVER, these white nationalists feel more comfortable  and protected speaking out under his leadership. They see him as one of them. These white nationalists make up a sizeable portion of his base anyway so I'm not surprised he won't speak out directly against them.

2 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Shameful. This is Trump's AMERIKKKA. Sure, these racists have always been around and always will be around. HOWEVER, these white nationalists feel more comfortable  and protected speaking out under his leadership. They see him as one of them. These white nationalists make up a sizeable portion of his base anyway so I'm not surprised he won't speak out directly against them.

Exactly.  These disgusting racist pond scum have always been around.  They are brain washed, revolting, evil and full of crazy pointless rage.  Sickening people in every way. Having such a revolting man as president who has openly encouraged them previously at his rallies etc (  he knows full well what they are )  has given them the confidence and platform to get out there and be proud of who they are, when they should be full of shame. .  It is a very frightening and horrible situation.  The way Trump and his supporters keep pushing the whole "America first"  platform is also frightening.  The way for example he attacked Paris and ignored the world wide push for climate change,  again showed his contempt for anyone else bar his feral supporters in  the USA. 

We (well, NOT ME), but America put this buffoon in the White House.  A sexist, racist and privileged dumb ass that encourages what is happening now.  I'm also afraid to say, it will probably only get worse.  He's a fucking liar and scoundrel.  He's worried about one thing and one thing only....himself and his businesses (and his army of ignorant/racist followers).  How can people of this day and age be so stupid?  It really is scary.  I'm ready to move out of the US!!!  

I am ashamed to be an American watching this stuff.  Something much bigger to counter this needs to rise up in response.  Show the world we all haven't gone bat shit crazy.

Once Government sets radical racism,  part of the population feels free to be like that.  It's happening in UK too.  

This is the result of more than ten years spreading hate from the Tea Party against Obama. And Trump made things far worse.  Good that the Republicans have sent a clear message and set apart from Trump.  He's completely alone. 

Just now, karbatal said:

It should be illegal. It should be illegal that peopl incite to hatred. 

In Spain, for example, you can have dictator's Franco thirts or flags! It is pretty clear that those being rich and evil during the dictature are still ruling the country. But in Germany you CANNOT! It is illegal. 

I hope in USA it is illegal to wear those tshirts and spread hate messages.

the spanish system didn´t break with its past.The winners of the war, never said anything against franco, never said sorry...and the rest of the citizens simply have to forget and forgot, just in case something bad happens (another dictatorship, a coup d état...).That´s why so many people, at least in the spanish basque country are not really confortable in the spanish system

6 minutes ago, promise to try said:

the spanish system didn´t break with its past.The winners of the war, never said anything against franco, never said sorry...and the rest of the citizens simply have to forget and forgot, just in case something bad happens (another dictatorship, a coup d état...).That´s why so many people, at least in the spanish basque country are not really confortable in the spanish system

But in the Basque Country is the same. Those rich families that supported Franco are still rich and ruling the media and owning firms.  The same in Aragón.  I want them to stop influencing the country with their corruption and conservative views.  Look at Cataluña,  those from Convergencia are the rich families from last century!  Even if they got independence, Colau would be the enemy and banks the friends. 

Right wingers who are sympathisers to these racists, bigots and white supremacists citing freedom of speech are just as bad and should be condemned in equal measure. You don't get your freedom of speech to spew out venom against other human beings. Why not give a platform to ISIS then? What about paedophiles? And rapists? Murderers? Robbers? Thieves? Shouldn't all those people have a voice and march to defend their identity as well? After all they're only evoking their first amendment right?  Since when racism is something to be proud of? Isn't inciting racism a criminal act?  

This world is going crazy.  

1 hour ago, horn said:

Trump will loose a huge chunk of supports if he condemns these white nationalists.

I won't be surprised if he tweets "Make America White Again". :bad: 

Yes but he's got nowhere to hide now. During his rallies people didn't take him seriously because everybody thought he was a laughing stock and he would never win. Now it's a completely different thing. He's president and he's been pressed left right centre to take a stand. The longer he awaits the more damages he will suffer..

Trump played with fire and he's bound to get burned. He used white power rethorics to get those idiots to fully support him and run a very biased online and political campaign to get him elected. They would fill his rallies and make him feel as popular as the next big superstar. Even his Make America Great Again slogan was a tongue in cheek shout out to all the people who wanted to go back instead of moving forward. No wonder all the racists and bigots followed him. Trump only option is to condemn his basic fan base or he won't last long. 

1 hour ago, horn said:

Trump will loose a huge chunk of supports if he condemns these white nationalists.

I won't be surprised if he tweets "Make America White Again". :bad: 

This really does make me wonder how many of them there are? 

Its a strange time to be alive. We're in a world talking about a possible nuclear war and the KKK/Nazis - that's supposed to be a history lessons and we all no better now! 

Social Media is the real culprit of this worldwide movement. Without any responsability it gave a voice to the far-right ideology that used to be restricted by not having access to conventional media platfforms. I blame Mark Zuckerberg for all of this mess! He should be acountable for profiting on human insecurities by opening the pandora box without any regulation whatsoever! Free speech my ass! The same rule of law that restrict open racism, homophobic and xenophobic in real life should be applied to the internet, specially the toxic facebook!

52 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Social Media is the real culprit of this worldwide movement. Without any responsability it gave a voice to the far-right ideology that used to be restricted by not having access to conventional media platfforms. I blame Mark Zuckerberg for all of this mess! He should be acountable for profiting on human insecurities by opening the pandora box without any regulation whatsoever! Free speech my ass! The same rule of law that restrict open racism, homophobic and xenophobic in real life should be applied to the internet, specially the toxic facebook!

Social media can be toxic but I don't put the blame on it.  There was no social media around with the rise of Hitler.  

Exactly. There's a big amount of bigots and supremacits, misogynists, homophobes...  They only need to be validated to feel strong enough and parade, march and even push further and try to win elections. 

Facebook is just a showcase of these people, but there are much more hidden, too ashamed to verbalize their believes, until some Trump or some UKip or some LePenn comes and release the beast.