MadonnaNation.com Forums
Skin

Do We Give a Shit About Album Sales Anymore?

On 8/12/2017 at 9:11 PM, functions_X said:

but I feel you are oversimplifying things... The Rolling Stones, U2, Bruce etc are doing nothing new, and collaborations with Niki, LMFAO etc are considered "evolving"? What exactly are these collaborations bringing to the table, artistically? And why is she always collaborating with the hottest new thing who just happens to have a hit on the charts?

I think that Madonna's songs that are closer to her core characteristic sound are much stronger artistically than any of these "young" "hip" collaborations. I think that all of these older acts, male or female, are producing better music when they are sticking to their own style, whether it's Madonna or U2.

But what is Madonna's core characteristic style? Isn't it primarily dance/electronic music mixed in with some R&B? Hasn't she mostly stuck to that albeit with a modern production?  I think those styles of music evolve more than rock so if you are going to continue doing those styles you are going to end up working with what people see as young hip producers and sounds. It's not like Madonna was a rock and acoustic artist and all of a sudden changed to doing electronic and hip hop influenced music. It doesn't make sense to compare her to a rock band like U2. 

5 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

But what is Madonna's core characteristic style? Isn't it primarily dance/electronic music mixed in with some R&B? Hasn't she mostly stuck to that albeit with a modern production?  I think those styles of music evolve more than rock so if you are going to continue doing those styles you are going to end up working with what people see as young hip producers and sounds. It's not like Madonna was a rock and acoustic artist and all of a sudden changed to doing electronic and hip hop influenced music. It doesn't make sense to compare her to a rock band like U2. 

Its def not RnB/hiphop at all, thats one of the reason of her decline. the gays dont like it

But more importantly she used to have a different sound to what was the commerical/trending at the moment, a more refined and unique.

Now it lost that uniqueness