MadonnaNation.com Forums
realityisalways

Should have been bigger: Living For Love

4 hours ago, Barbie said:

Well.....it was a semi-hit (and went Gold). So she could if she wanted too. LFL wasn't a hit by any means. So yea lol!

Thank you! :horn: 

7 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Her management, the awful demo leaking, the 6 songs released on iTunes all at once and people not clicking with the song are valid reasons why it wasn't a bigger song. . 

Pretty much the only reason...plus the pure ageism she was facing.

I dunno, from the first time I heard it, LFL sounded like a return to the  massive, classic Madonna, first single material that I'd personally been missing for the past decade since hung up and all those before it ... I still think it's up there with the greats even if it didn't get the widespread recognition it deserves. I really hope that won't stop her from giving it the recognition it deserves in the future. Should've properly closed the rebel heart tour, as far as I'm concerned...

I hardly listen to it. Weird since i think it's a good song.  Even if someone else released it i still think it wouldnt be a massive hit.  Ghostown is a MUCH stronger song.  C'mon even Bitch im Madonna. 

Ghosttown should've been the first single. It wasn't the first batch of demos that leaked. 

10 hours ago, Littlebastard said:

I hardly listen to it. Weird since i think it's a good song.  Even if someone else released it i still think it wouldnt be a massive hit.  Ghostown is a MUCH stronger song.  C'mon even Bitch im Madonna. 

This

The chorus of Ghosttown gives me life :inlove:

11 hours ago, Littlebastard said:

@Mods 

tumblr_n0lczjMx8f1rt9p0po1_500.gif

11 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I dunno, from the first time I heard it, LFL sounded like a return to the  massive, classic Madonna, first single material that I'd personally been missing for the past decade since hung up and all those before it ... I still think it's up there with the greats even if it didn't get the widespread recognition it deserves. I really hope that won't stop her from giving it the recognition it deserves in the future. Should've properly closed the rebel heart tour, as far as I'm concerned...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Personally, I think Holiday @RHT was her most anti-climatic and lame concert closer. It was so dull and just the same old album version again. I think if she really wanted to go for an 80s classic as encore, she should have performed the single that truly started it all: Everybody which is much more in line with the RH sentiment. Should have incorporated that 80s medley into that closing performance. Dress You Up was unnecessary and out of place (just like La Isla Bonita).

It's just ... bland.  It doesn't sound current, it doesn't sound retro.  It just never did anything for me.  I'd rather listen to an older song of Madonna's, or something current if that's what I want to listen to.

She needs to do what Coldplay did with the Chainsmokers and "Something Just like this".  Not that it is a great song either, but it is catchy and they have updated their sound.

its not bland, but it misses the demo lyrics.

4 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

It's just ... bland. 

tumblr_nvkg40HQ1Y1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

4 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

It's just ... bland.  It doesn't sound current, it doesn't sound retro.  It just never did anything for me.  I'd rather listen to an older song of Madonna's, or something current if that's what I want to listen to.

She needs to do what Coldplay did with the Chainsmokers and "Something Just like this".  Not that it is a great song either, but it is catchy and they have updated their sound.

SCREAMING!

You complain about Living for Love being bland but you want her to pull a Coldplay who are like...the most bland rock band the world has ever seen. I won't even go into detail about The Chainsmokers. This is just beyond ridiculous.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

These bitter Living for Love haters are the most tasteless cunts ever. Keep listening to fucking GMAYL or TUTR...I won't have my ears destroyed by listening to those rejects.

21 minutes ago, Barbie said:

tumblr_nvkg40HQ1Y1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

Shouldn't you be in that other thread going on about how "great" Give Me All Your Vomit is?

Qlo3J_s-200x150.gif

Just now, S.E.X. said:

Shouldn't you be in that other thread going on about how "great" Give Me All Your Vomit is?

Qlo3J_s-200x150.gif

Just know that wherever I am, my heel will remain on your neck
nlpxkHN.gif

It's a nice song and I am glad she went with a more mature theme for the lead single, nothing to "young" and "fresh" and "what the cool kids want".... that said, I don't think it's strong enough for the lead single.... I mean, the lead single by Madonna should be a massive classic... LFL just wasn't strong enough.... it's on the level of her 3r / 4th single from the earlier days.

8 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

SCREAMING!

You complain about Living for Love being bland but you want her to pull a Coldplay who are like...the most bland rock band the world has ever seen. I won't even go into detail about The Chainsmokers. This is just beyond ridiculous.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

These bitter Living for Love haters are the most tasteless cunts ever. Keep listening to fucking GMAYL or TUTR...I won't have my ears destroyed by listening to those rejects.

I hate those songs too :chuckle:

Yes, absolutley !! It should have been a smash, but sadly didnt, and I didnt care, because I loved that song very much.

But,

I liked the first ever original version which reminded me to the pop songs back in the 90s and was similar to Kiezas hit.

Anyway, we did get a great performance at the Grammys, and I moment I never forget during Brits....

Watching this piece of shit, wasting my time for it. Its quite entertaining. I am just loling :queenbitch:7

20 hours ago, Kilt said:

LFL always reminded of this 1995 dance track

LFL wishes!

22 hours ago, Kilt said:

LFL always reminded of this 1995 dance track

If only LFL was as impact full as this classic dance tune!

On 8/11/2017 at 10:41 AM, rocknrolla said:

Oh god. I'm very happy you aren't in control of Madonna's career. Coldplay & the Chainsmokers both suck balls. Wouldn't want her anywhere near them or their sound.

I was just using Coldplay as an example of an act most people had written off long ago who had managed to update their sound and have current hits despite being "older".  The way Madonna used to do.  I wouldn't want her working with the Chainsmokers , either, I only like two of their songs.  I like some of Coldplay's music, but that's it.

The headscratcher for me is how Madonna ended up with Living for Love, but I really like Diplo's work with Bieber, Sia, and others.