MadonnaNation.com Forums

Pedro    0
2 hours ago, Crux said:

I love it, but It definitely needs more "Oomph" to it. More choir. I think she should've kept the "Lord Lord lift me" too.

I loved loved that part but I think it made the song a little bit "Churchy" if that's a word, and a it toned down a little the triumphant context of the song, so maybe it was why she took it out, imho. (Well what can be more "churchy" than Madonna). 

S.E.X.    0
44 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Agree.  I like the song a lot but it is more of a grower. 

Seriously,  reading comments like this is dreadful. . How can we ever expect anyone to like Madonna when her own "fans" on her most read forum, post that anything would of flopped and people hate her. Who needs enemies when you have "friends/fans" like this.  People can say they love or hate a song but the constant writing off of Madonna is shocking to read in her own forum. 

Why are you adressing my post but not the ones that speak extremely negatively about L4L?

Clearly biased. 

S.E.X.    0
1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I loved loved that part but I think it made the song a little bit "Churchy" if that's a word, and a it toned down a little the triumphant context of the song, so maybe it was why she took it out, imho. (Well what can be more "churchy" than Madonna). 

I think the actual reason was that they had to cut down/shorten the songs so that all 19 tracks would fit on one disc, since Interscope wouldn't let M go through with her Rebel/Heart double album idea. Really dumb if you ask me. I don't think I have ever listened to the actual tracklisting. It's so random.

Jazzy Jan    0
7 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Why are you adressing my post but not the ones that speak extremely negatively about L4L?

Clearly biased. 

I don't see any other members saying that she would of flopped with anything or that the USA and now the UK don't care for her or hate her.  

S.E.X.    0
Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

I don't see any other members saying that she would of flopped with anything or that the USA and now the UK don't care for her or hate her.  

I'm just being realistic. Seriously, I love M...loved her ever since I was little. It's simply a fact that in an ageist and sexist society, she won't have the same success she had a few years ago. That ship has sailed unless she pulls a Cher which I find unlikely although it would be fucking iconic. Radio thinks she's too old, so do teens and they get this bullshit from all over the net. Have you gone through the YouTube comments? Facebook and Instagram posts. It's "cool" to hate on M these days, especially if you are a Gaga stan and sadly that bitch still has a lot of supporters who spill this kind of ageist propaganda about M whereever and whenever they can. GMAYL was ironic, yes but how many people do you think got the joke? Very few...it made her look very desperate in the eyes of dumb people although it was meant to be the exact opposite.

Do you get what I'm saying now? I would have loved for any of the Rebel Heart singles to do well. It just wasn't realistic, seriously. That era was doomed from the start.

Zmqor.gif

Jazzy Jan    0
2 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

I'm just being realistic. Seriously, I love M...loved her ever since I was little. It's simply a fact that in an ageist and sexist society, she won't have the same success she had a few years ago. That ship has sailed unless she pulls a Cher which I find unlikely although it would be fucking iconic. Radio thinks she's too old, so do teens and they get this bullshit from all over the net. Have you gone through the YouTube comments? Facebook and Instagram posts. It's "cool" to hate on M these days, especially if you are a Gaga stan and sadly that bitch still has a lot of supporters who spill this kind of ageist propaganda about M whereever and whenever they can. GMAYL was ironic, yes but how many people do you think got the joke? Very few...it made her look very desperate in the eyes of dumb people although it was meant to be the exact opposite.

Do you get what I'm saying now? I would have loved for any of the Rebel Heart singles to do well. It just wasn't realistic, seriously. That era was doomed from the start.

Zmqor.gif

OK, We will just have to agree to disagree. I never have written Madonna off as she has proven critics wrong time and time again. 

Maddylvr    0

Rebel Heart download is discounted on Amazon. Deluxe $8.99 & standard $6.99 :-) Get them coins M!!

I feel this track needed Nikki and Donna to make it classic Madonna. I imagine what it would have been especially live with those two on it.

The performances of it were amazing, both original version and the promo tour/tour remixes.

I do think it was a good first choice though the release and waiting months for promo killed it, along with giving GT away when it could have been saved and dropped as single two.

S.E.X.    0
23 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

I feel this track needed Nikki and Donna to make it classic Madonna. I imagine what it would have been especially live with those two on it.

The performances of it were amazing, both original version and the promo tour/tour remixes.

I do think it was a good first choice though the release and waiting months for promo killed it, along with giving GT away when it could have been saved and dropped as single two.

It's already fucking great but I agree it could have benefitted from Nikki and Donna. Would have been even more old school M.

I think some samples from Rescue Me would have also been fucking iconic in that tour performance which should have used the Djemba Djemba Mix and the original instead of that damn Offer Nissim shit. His remixes piss me the fuck off. Pure Eurotrash.

Suedehead    0

LFL is a solid 6/10 song

And that's that 

Let's not get it twisted bishes

ITG    0

Yep! I love it!

Love dancing around to it in my bedroom, lol.

Brit awards performance.....fucking amazing! No-one and nothing can keep our girl down.

S.E.X.    0
3 hours ago, Suedehead said:

LFL is a solid 6/10 song

And that's that 

Let's not get it twisted bishes

Bitch YOU better don't get it twisted. The song is at least an 8. One of the best songs since COADF. The first time it seemed that she really put her heart and soul into a project. HC and MDNA simply don't have that passion about them. They feel like contract fillers. LFL and Rebel Heart were truly such a breath of fresh air. 

Refreshingly mature and reminiscent of classic Madonna. The unjustified hate this song gets id beyond ridiculous. We all know it didn't flop cause it's a bad song.

the-queen    0
16 hours ago, ITG said:

Brit awards performance.....fucking amazing! No-one and nothing can keep our girl down.

It's one of my favorite Madonna moments of all time. Her professionalism to literally carry on as the song says was inspiring, and it also made me realise how much I love her as a human being. 

loowee    0
15 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

Bitch YOU better don't get it twisted. The song is at least an 8. One of the best songs since COADF. The first time it seemed that she really put her heart and soul into a project. HC and MDNA simply don't have that passion about them. They feel like contract fillers. LFL and Rebel Heart were truly such a breath of fresh air. 

Refreshingly mature and reminiscent of classic Madonna. The unjustified hate this song gets id beyond ridiculous. We all know it didn't flop cause it's a bad song.

The pre-chorus (took me to heaven...) and chorus are pretty neat but the first 40 seconds of the song is just dreadful with that tragic vocal mixing. I give it a 6.5/10 and it could've easily been a 8/10 with a different mixer. 

S.E.X.    0
19 minutes ago, loowee said:

The pre-chorus (took me to heaven...) and chorus are pretty neat but the first 40 seconds of the song is just dreadful with that tragic vocal mixing. I give it a 6.5/10 and it could've easily been a 8/10 with a different mixer. 

The terrible vocal mix has been a problem on all her music since Hard Candy. 

Pedro    0
6 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

The moment:

:bow::bow::bow:

Confessit    0

It's a good song but it didn't grab me like her other leads have a la Secret, Frozen, Music.

I think it's one of her weakest leads when you line all her lead singles up alongside each other but it's still a great song!!

Edited by Confessit

Nick    0
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 11:30 AM, loowee said:

Agree think LFL could have easily be close to a ten with different mix on album.

Still pretty much enjoy it anyway....