MadonnaNation.com Forums

giphy.gif 

...after seeing all that filthy Living for Jesus bashing in the thread which shall not be named

How can anyone HATE this magnificent Madonna CLASSIC. Something that gave me instant shivers and those great 90sDonna vibes which had been absent or missing from her last two albums. 

All the performances, the looks, even the video (while it could have been better imo) were beautiful. The message of the song and the choir...the anthemic production... It's almost as if Like a Prayer, Deeper and Deeper and Get Together had a threesome. Y'all can hate on it for flopping as much as you want. This was by far one of the best lead singles Madonna has put out in a while. I personally think it's even better than Hung Up which relied heavily on a sample and was lyrically based around one of her worst songs.

Madonna3.gif

If you still love this song in 2017, come in here and share the love. Let's have a circle jerk over the gorgeousness of this little anthem.

mad02.gif

the demo is everything!

the official song is nice too though but it misses some oomph. but anyway, it's a great song. :)

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

the demo is everything!

the official song is nice too though but it misses some oomph. but anyway, it's a great song. :)

I was gonna clock you for bringing up the demo in the very first reply! :americanlife:

Anyway, I think the album version is just as glorious as this demo:

Never liked the first leaked/Hideaway rip-off. Still, both of these demos lack the climax in the chorus. They fall flat during the chorus. It's too "chill" for an anthem like LFL.

I love this song so much, just posted 2 days ago this video with the caption: 

Queen of the universe 
👑✨🌞🌚🌙💫🌟💥👑

One of the most epic moments and testaments to Madonna's look on life, resilience and the force of nature that she is and by the way it matches the epic song. 

Spill the hot tea and burn the  judases, if it was released in 1990s it would be a #1 ww, and if any other pop girl had released it like Ariana it would #1 today

MODERN MADONNA CLASSIC.

This song is EVERYTHING. 

I listened to this song NON STOP when it was released. I hadn't been that obsessed with a Madonna lead single since Frozen. 

But what really brought this song together was the video, the matador look, and the GORGEOUS performances. All of it was specticle of gorgeous proportions. She hadn't matched visuals to one of her lead singles this well since Hung Up. 

All the nit picking about the production, the demo being better, the videos red filter, etc., is all just noise. The song is perfect as is and SHOULD HAVE been a top ten hit. As mentioned, had Rhianna released this (and I could actually see her singing this) it would've been #1. 

I love this song.

I still wonder how much different her career would be if she'd gotten the Super Bowl in 2015 instead of 2012. If Interscope had put he payola behind this that they did that shit sandwich "GMAYL" and she'd done it at the Super Bowl ... it'd have been as big or bigger than "4 Minutes."

I am still Living for Love.  Up... up... up.... up...  I'm gonna carry on...

JUDb66a.gif

I'll let the Living For Anesthesia girls have their moment but I'll also say that I did love a few of the fan remixes. FABULOUS! Giving the song some much needed kick. It was the Dubtronic remix I was in love with I believe, can't remember.

45 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

The video is fabulous.

I really am screaming :rotfl:

omg I found it!

BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yymSj0y.png

EVERYTHING VISUALLY RELATED TO LIVING FOR LOVE IS WONDERFUL!!!!!

Video, performances, her image, everything. 

Love the message. So powerful.

Love the different structure of the song, it's different to what was out there, Madonna ONCE AGAIN anticipated to what is being done for a couple of years. You listen to Swish Swish by Katy and can understand why now trendy producers are in that structures and rhythms. 

Some of the lyrics and lines are among Madonna's BEST! 

THIS PERFORMANCE in the Brits. 

Simply for this I live

Resultado de imagen de living for love brits gif

Is EVERYTHING (that I got).

Song, wonderful video and promo tour, iconic look. I couldn't ask for more.

IMG_0388.GIF

shoudve been huge.

Mostly LOVE the lyrics & resilient message. Still don't like the album or tour version much at all, but happy for fans who get life from it. 

When I saw LFL at the Grammy, it blew my mind and changed my life a little later. I love M like a crazy since then :-)

Edited by Morevi

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

shoudve been huge.

I agreeI think had it of been 2012 and the super bowl it could of been in different circumstances and a better platform.

But the song doesn't go anywhere spectacular that's why the demo is so much better, that epic ending with the choir is sick.

4 hours ago, Barbie said:

I really am screaming :rotfl:

U caught the shade :lol:

1 hour ago, Maddylvr said:

It's not my fave, but I love the tour remix. 

Oh yesssss! It gave the new song new life‼️

1 hour ago, IsaacHarris said:

U caught the shade :lol:

giphy.gif