Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

horn    0

Total Madonna tracks played over the last 30 days: 1993 times.

1 - Holiday - 181 plays
2 - Papa Don't Preach - 180 plays
3 - Into the Groove - 161 plays
4 - Material Girl - 156 plays
5 - Borderline - 151 plays
6 - Like a Prayer - 149 plays
7 - La isla bonita - 132 plays
8 - Express Yourself - 123 plays
9 - Vogue - 87 plays
10 - Like a Virgin - 85 plays
11 - True Blue - 52 plays
12 - Don't Tell Me - 48 plays
13 - Crazy for You - 47 plays
14 - Frozen - 47 plays
15 - Open Your Heart - 43 plays
16 - Cherish - 36 plays
17 - The Power of Good-Bye - 32 plays
18 - Who's That Girl - 30 plays
19 - Beautiful Stranger - 27 plays
20 - Ray of Light - 26 plays
21 - Drowned World / Substitute for Love - 25 plays
22 - Music - 24 plays
23 - Hung Up - 21 plays
24 - Nothing Really Matters - 18 plays
25 - Lucky Star - 17 plays
26 - 4 Minutes - 16 plays
27 - Rain - 14 plays
28 - Dress You Up - 10 plays
29 - Justify My Love - 10 plays
30 - Deeper and Deeper - 9 plays
31 - Jump - 6 plays
32 - Sorry - 5 plays
33 - Rescue Me - 4 plays
34 - Live to Tell - 4 plays
35 - American Pie - 3 plays
36 - Masterpiece - 3 plays
37 - Take a Bow - 2 plays
38 - Secret - 2 plays
39 - Causing a Commotion - 2 plays
40 - Angel - 1 play

http://comparemyradio.com/artists/Madonna

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horn    0

They hate AL & RH.

They showed some love for MDNA by playing "Masterpiece"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horn    0

Adele (1672)

Taylor Swift (1448)

Kaka (1298)

Katy Perry (1156)

Beyoncé (677)

Pariah (378)

Kylie Minogue (365)

Floppita (260)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S.E.X.    0

Nothing Really Matters! Yes! :inlove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Confessit    0

Madonna was the biggest played artist in the 00s on UK radio.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madfan74    0

Which artist or group had the most plays in the last 30 days in the U.K.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horn    0
18 minutes ago, madfan74 said:

Which artist or group had the most plays in the last 30 days in the U.K.?

Artists

Top 40 artists that Compare My Radio is tracking (Last 30 days)

1 - Ed Sheeran - 3,419 plays
2 - Rita Ora - 2,871 plays
3 - Little Mix - 2,724 plays
4 - Niall Horan - 2,202 plays
5 - Shawn Mendes - 2,180 plays
6 - Jonas Blue Ft. William Singe - 2,131 plays
7 - Ariana Grande - 2,101 plays
8 - George Ezra - 2,088 plays
9 - Queen - 2,078 plays
10 - Maggie Lindemann - 2,068 plays
11 - Madonna - 2,005 plays
12 - David Guetta Ft. Justin Bieber - 1,979 plays
13 - Liam Payne Ft. Quavo - 1,886 plays
14 - David Bowie - 1,881 plays
15 - Coldplay - 1,865 plays
16 - Camila Cabello - 1,839 plays
17 - Bruno Mars - 1,805 plays
18 - Calvin Harris Ft. Pharrell, Katy Perry And Big Sean - 1,732 plays
19 - Charlie Puth - 1,703 plays
20 - Luis Fonsi And Daddy Yankee Ft. Justin Bieber - 1,691 plays
21 - Sigala And Ella Eyre - 1,690 plays
22 - Fleetwood Mac - 1,678 plays
23 - Adele - 1,673 plays
24 - Dua Lipa - 1,654 plays
25 - Michael Jackson - 1,611 plays
26 - ABBA - 1,586 plays
27 - Elton John - 1,586 plays
28 - Justin Timberlake - 1,545 plays
29 - Blondie - 1,497 plays
30 - The Script - 1,489 plays
31 - Selena Gomez - 1,465 plays
32 - Rudimental Ft. James Arthur - 1,458 plays
33 - Taylor Swift - 1,450 plays
34 - Stevie Wonder - 1,449 plays
35 - Miley Cyrus - 1,383 plays
36 - The Rolling Stones - 1,342 plays
37 - Dj Khaled Ft. Rihanna And Bryso - 1,334 plays
38 - Coldplay Ft. Big Sean - 1,320 plays
39 - Lady GaGa - 1,309 plays
40 - Bee Gees - 1,274 plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
madfan74    0
1 hour ago, horn said:

Artists

Top 40 artists that Compare My Radio is tracking (Last 30 days)

1 - Ed Sheeran - 3,419 plays
2 - Rita Ora - 2,871 plays
3 - Little Mix - 2,724 plays
4 - Niall Horan - 2,202 plays
5 - Shawn Mendes - 2,180 plays
6 - Jonas Blue Ft. William Singe - 2,131 plays
7 - Ariana Grande - 2,101 plays
8 - George Ezra - 2,088 plays
9 - Queen - 2,078 plays
10 - Maggie Lindemann - 2,068 plays
11 - Madonna - 2,005 plays
12 - David Guetta Ft. Justin Bieber - 1,979 plays
13 - Liam Payne Ft. Quavo - 1,886 plays
14 - David Bowie - 1,881 plays
15 - Coldplay - 1,865 plays
16 - Camila Cabello - 1,839 plays
17 - Bruno Mars - 1,805 plays
18 - Calvin Harris Ft. Pharrell, Katy Perry And Big Sean - 1,732 plays
19 - Charlie Puth - 1,703 plays
20 - Luis Fonsi And Daddy Yankee Ft. Justin Bieber - 1,691 plays
21 - Sigala And Ella Eyre - 1,690 plays
22 - Fleetwood Mac - 1,678 plays
23 - Adele - 1,673 plays
24 - Dua Lipa - 1,654 plays
25 - Michael Jackson - 1,611 plays
26 - ABBA - 1,586 plays
27 - Elton John - 1,586 plays
28 - Justin Timberlake - 1,545 plays
29 - Blondie - 1,497 plays
30 - The Script - 1,489 plays
31 - Selena Gomez - 1,465 plays
32 - Rudimental Ft. James Arthur - 1,458 plays
33 - Taylor Swift - 1,450 plays
34 - Stevie Wonder - 1,449 plays
35 - Miley Cyrus - 1,383 plays
36 - The Rolling Stones - 1,342 plays
37 - Dj Khaled Ft. Rihanna And Bryso - 1,334 plays
38 - Coldplay Ft. Big Sean - 1,320 plays
39 - Lady GaGa - 1,309 plays
40 - Bee Gees - 1,274 plays

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vocalism    0

Nice to see some gems we never hear here in the US (JML, RM, Frozen, HU, etc.), but I'm actually surprised that the Top 10 is so dominated by 80s songs. Even in the U.S., TAB and maybe "Music" are usually pretty high on the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

her airplay will get a huge boost in one week bacause her bday yass

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonski43    0

I'm surprised there's no You'll See as that was really big here.

Shame Prince isn't in the top 40 but the Slob is. It does highlight just how local Mariah, Janet and Whitney were though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vocalism said:

Nice to see some gems we never hear here in the US (JML, RM, Frozen, HU, etc.), but I'm actually surprised that the Top 10 is so dominated by 80s songs. Even in the U.S., TAB and maybe "Music" are usually pretty high on the list. 

the only song thatI wass expecting higher is Hung Up, but the rest is basically what happens in the US.

 

and what the hell with prince!!! where is he? or george?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeakMaker    0

It's nice to see how legends and up and coming new artists share airplay. I wonder if it's similar in the US. We all know radio won't play Madonna latest releases but her classics will always be a fixture on U.K. radio. I'm shocked Bieber, Rihanna and Beyoncé are not on the list though. Goes to show their new songs get tons of airplay instantly but they will be quickly forgotten. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kim    0
1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

We all know radio won't play Madonna latest releases but her classics will always be a fixture on U.K. radio.

Wrong, radio WILL play a good new release. Not Radio 1 obviously as their remit is specifically to "scare off" any listener over 30 (direct quote) This nonsense parroted on here about radio ageism etc may apply to the US, where Madge hasn't been played for years and years, but not elsewhere.

It's satisfying to see that Madonna is played so much compared to the flop local acts like Kylie and Janet who don't even have the comfort blanket of being nostalgia acts anymore. Radio just doesn't play THEM period, unlike Madonna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vocalism    0
3 hours ago, promise to try said:

the only song thatI wass expecting higher is Hung Up, but the rest is basically what happens in the US.

 

and what the hell with prince!!! where is he? or george?

The Top 10 is definitely similar, but there's at least 15 songs on the UK list that I haven't heard on US radio since they were released. UK radio is definitely more M-friendly than it is here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikki    0
1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

It's nice to see how legends and up and coming new artists share airplay. I wonder if it's similar in the US. We all know radio won't play Madonna latest releases but her classics will always be a fixture on U.K. radio. I'm shocked Bieber, Rihanna and Beyoncé are not on the list though. Goes to show their new songs get tons of airplay instantly but they will be quickly forgotten. 

im surprised by beyonce's lack of plays in the UK. they constantly shove her old and new shit down our throats here. like we need to catch up on what we "missed" and everyone needs to learn her catalog now that it's decided they like her

and i agree with @kim, aside from r1, good new music by madonna WILL get played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Heat    0

It is a shame that there are a few gems which don't get the airplay they deserve but these numbers are still very good overall. It's nice to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonski43    0
6 hours ago, promise to try said:

the only song thatI wass expecting higher is Hung Up, but the rest is basically what happens in the US.

 

and what the hell with prince!!! where is he? or george?

GM had a thousand plays and Prince over 900 so not too bad and Wham are listed separately with a further 600 plays. 

Bouncey had 600 plays. I've always said she's massively overrated from a singles discography point of view. 

Can't believe the Slob got so many but it's mainly her usual four track ep of hits. Radio 1 only played her ten times so no interest from her main target audience!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeakMaker    0
3 hours ago, Kim said:

Wrong, radio WILL play a good new release. Not Radio 1 obviously as their remit is specifically to "scare off" any listener over 30 (direct quote) This nonsense parroted on here about radio ageism etc may apply to the US, where Madge hasn't been played for years and years, but not elsewhere.

It's satisfying to see that Madonna is played so much compared to the flop local acts like Kylie and Janet who don't even have the comfort blanket of being nostalgia acts anymore. Radio just doesn't play THEM period, unlike Madonna.

 

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

im surprised by beyonce's lack of plays in the UK. they constantly shove her old and new shit down our throats here. like we need to catch up on what we "missed" and everyone needs to learn her catalog now that it's decided they like her

and i agree with @kim, aside from r1, good new music by madonna WILL get played.

Ghosttown was deemed one of her best ballads in years still UK radio didn't play it. Living For Love had mild radio airplay. I'm not saying radio in the U.K. is ageist but it appears to me that since she turned 50 they have been playing her new songs less and less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
horn    0

GT & LFL are not as good as all her WB songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonski43    0
3 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

 

Ghosttown was deemed one of her best ballads in years still UK radio didn't play it. Living For Love had mild radio airplay. I'm not saying radio in the U.K. is ageist but it appears to me that since she turned 50 they have been playing her new songs less and less. 

Ghosttown got a lot of play on Radio 2 but her singles post hard candy haven't been great - Celebration, Revolver, Girl Gone Wild, GMAYL, BIM. These are all some of the weakest song releases of her career.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeakMaker    0
34 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Ghosttown got a lot of play on Radio 2 but her singles post hard candy haven't been great - Celebration, Revolver, Girl Gone Wild, GMAYL, BIM. These are all some of the weakest song releases of her career.

 

That again is a matter of taste. Some people might hate those songs and find them uninspiring or even hideous but if we think of all the crap they play on radio I'm sure that even songs like Celebration or GGW would get some decent airplay if they were released by Rihanna instead of Madonna.

Yet again I think we are missing the point here. Living For Love is a great track and next to the average dance tune they're constantly playing on radio it had all the ingredients to be a massive hit in the UK. It was barely played.. and Ghosttown wasn't gettin many spins. Maybe Raido 2 had it on heavy rotation but other radio stations ignored it completely. 

Sure quality is essential but it became apparent to me that radio would rather play mediocre tunes of lesser artists although new (or younger) than Madonna's new music. I don't think it's a question of quality. I think it's more about which artist they're choosing to promote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×