Beware of sea fleas!

horn

This is 16-year-old Australian teenager Sam Kanizay. On Saturday, he decided to cool off after football with a quick dip in the ocean at Dendy Street Beach in Brighton (a suburb in Melbourne).
After about half an hour in the water Sam's legs felt numb and tingly but he assumed it was from playing sport. But when he emerged from the sea he noticed his legs were covered in blood.

:nervous: 

3 hours ago, horn said:

This is 16-year-old Australian teenager Sam Kanizay. On Saturday, he decided to cool off after football with a quick dip in the ocean at Dendy Street Beach in Brighton (a suburb in Melbourne).
After about half an hour in the water Sam's legs felt numb and tingly but he assumed it was from playing sport. But when he emerged from the sea he noticed his legs were covered in blood.

:nervous: 

Are there any places that are "safe" these days?  I was hearing warnings all summer about beaches/waters all along the gulf coast (US) about potential bacteria and infections.  Has it always been there or is it more prevalent today?  Or is the media, once again, just grabbing something and running with it?  Does make me a bit nervous, though.  

Honestly, if I want to go to the beach and get in the water, I'll take my chances.  Unless I get all covered up (like M).....but NO!!  You can live carefully, but not in fear.  Or just stay home?  When dealing with the ocean, it's not our natural habitat.  Therefore, whatever you encounter is beyond your control.  

Hope I'm not coming off as insensitive? 

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think the ocean is safe.

I can tell you for sure the ocean is not safe. It's mysterious depths of wild mayhem and I'm top of the chain, sugar. If you're going to squeeze your buns into a bathing suit and slosh in the unknown, you better have nerves of steel and fighting skills. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, BITCHES!

great_white.jpg

(FROM BRUCE THE SHARK AKA JAWS)