MadonnaNation.com Forums
Roland Barthes

Hard Candy : the divorce diary album

I remember rumors about them both facing marriage issues just before the start of the Confessions Tour in May 2006. Guy's father said something in the lines of "they're doing it for the kids".

I knew virtually NOTHING about Guy & Madonna's relationship, so hearing the album for the 1st time was a clear indication that things were beyond over.

Their divorce was finalized on November 21st, 3 days before I saw her live in Atlanta. You could tell her newly single pussy was on fire!

On 8/8/2017 at 4:02 PM, horn said:

I dun get why she dropped "Across The Sky" from HC.

Probably too obvious during that period of time when she's still with Guy?

Maybe she dropped Across The Sky because it's basically Miles Away? 

or maybe cuz there were already too many songs with justin timberflake on them?

19 hours ago, tuckeye said:

or maybe cuz there were already too many songs with justin timberflake on them?

This is more legitimate reason.

On 09/08/2017 at 8:55 AM, IsaacHarris said:

Their divorce was finalized on November 21st, 3 days before I saw her live in Atlanta. You could tell her newly single pussy was on fire!

:lmao:

Related image

Some reason I've dug the background of the actual shoot more than the candy theme.  It definitely fits more than the candy background imo.

17 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Related image

Some reason I've dug the background of the actual shoot more than the candy theme.  It definitely fits more than the candy background imo.

I do like that but it would fit better if the album were titled GI2M. The pink pussy blossom on HC though kinda fits given the title. 

1 hour ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Related image

Nice cover, it makes more sense with the belt and bandaging. 

52 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I do like that but it would fit better if the album were titled GI2M. The pink pussy blossom on HC though kinda fits given the title. 

Yes. 

In the end the pink candy cover ended up being a true standout among other covers in the now almost non existent record stores. 

I like it now more than I did before. 

On 8/8/2017 at 7:55 PM, IsaacHarris said:

BITCH :rotfl:

10 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Related image

Really like this.

Not sure why I never remember seeing this before.....

That's a better cover, but I still don't mind the official release which does connect to the album's title.

It's a weird album to me. I like much of the lyrics, you can understand why she's singing those songs. I like it more now than when it was released, but it is still a miss opportunity, in my opinion. First time in her music career when she was absolutely LAZY about production (some songs were already dated by the time of the release) and the voice was too "cold". These are personal opinions and surely everyone there has different ones, ok, we know it, we discussed this ad nauseam through these past years. 

But it is true that once the information about the divorce was clear, many things in the album make sense and under that perspective it becomes a far better album. The difference between LAP and HC is that with LAP we knew very well all the Penn issues, but with HC we were still in the dark. Had the divorce been in 2007, for example, I am sure that fans like me would have understood HC and loved it much more instead of moaning. 

But why, OH WHY, wasn't the album produced by other people! Some Pharrell songs are great but really, the Timbaland tracks are PURE SHIT IN TERMS OF PRODUCTION. 

I haven't listened to this album for a while but I think the first 6 tracks are flawless.

"Give It 2 Me" is fantastic, so I might give it another play later.

1. Heartbeat

2. Give it 2 me

3. Miles Away

4. Devil wouldn't recognize you

so many great songs!!!

it would be perfect if that atrocious Candy Shop would dissappear forever.

On 08/08/2017 at 10:07 PM, Roland Barthes said:

Miles away

They played this at work this morning and I was shook. Also they played Hollywood when the store was closing and I was bopping down the aisles 

Since starting there in late 2016, they've played Madonna like three times :no: