MadonnaNation.com Forums

I like her too. Thing is she's blown up with what was the 6th!! single from the album so understandably IDGAF is NOT one of the strongest tracks from it. It's like Madonna releasing I Know It after Lucky Star because the rest of the tracks have already been released. 

14 hours ago, runa said:

Go for it and take pictures, :horn: :rotfl:

8 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

I like her too. Thing is she's blown up with what was the 6th!! single from the album so understandably IDGAF is NOT one of the strongest tracks from it. It's like Madonna releasing I Know It after Lucky Star because the rest of the tracks have already been released. 

They should re-release Blow Your Mind. I heard it on some TV ad once and it got stuck on my mind! That's how I got to know her.

I got new rules I count 'em - 

*breakdown* 

QUEEN

Love her! She's finally getting the recognition she deserves.

I've listened to her album twice now and it's okay. I don't get the gay hype. She just seems to totally lack personality in her videos. She looks like she's being forced to do them.

3 hours ago, vocalism said:

I've listened to her album twice now and it's okay. I don't get the gay hype. She just seems to totally lack personality in her videos. She looks like she's being forced to do them.

That's the image they're going for I think. The 'dead behind the eyes' / 'can't be bothered' thing is part of the schtick. 

36 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

That's the image they're going for I think. The 'dead behind the eyes' / 'can't be bothered' thing is part of the schtick. 

Pop is truly dead, isn't it? :lol:

40 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

She also comes from a modelling background doesn't she? We all know how the whole zombiefied look is very appreciated in that world.

New Rules is now at no1 on US Top40 radio!

Crazy! So happy for her! I didn't think it was going to slay that hard in the US! She is on power rotation everywhere and what makes it even better is that while she is at no1, girls like Taylor Swift are flopping on radio. Good job Warner!

SATURDAY 1/27 UPDATE:

Top40/Pop:
3 1 DUA LIPA New Rules 18411 17402 1009 111.112

+161 Spins
+1.212 Audience

27393924_10155432349918282_955142654_o.p

Warner paid for this big ad on the front page of Mediabase. :wow:

25555011_10155382270193282_4784564181577

26057408_10155382270173282_2671063719278

US TOP40 RADIO

27582954_10155435219178282_2113316607_n.

She will be at no1 for a loooong time!

:wow:

The new single and especially New Rules are so cool!!  

But judging only by the music videos,  she's absolutely inexpressible,  boring and generic.  She could be any of the extras from those videos.  

Maybe it is intentional though.  I haven't seen her perform,  so I don't know if she has stamina in her real life.

On 1/15/2018 at 11:51 AM, vocalism said:

This for me too.

The song and video are boring, 

The single is Warner Bros. Records' first Pop Songs No. 1 by a female since Madonna's "Take a Bow" 23 years ago.

Notably, with the song released on Warner Bros. Records, "Rules" is the first Pop Songs No. 1 for a female on the label since Madonna's "Take a Bow," for five weeks beginning Feb. 25, 1995. (Lipa was born in August 1995.)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8096819/dua-lipa-new-rules-pop-songs-chart-number-one

Queen of SNL!

10 hours ago, JR! said:

Queen of SNL!

She looks very hot

On 15.1.2018 at 6:51 PM, vocalism said:

Me neither. Mostly hype over nothing. Dual Labia is no exception.

1 hour ago, freddykrueger86 said:

Me neither. Mostly hype over nothing. Dual Labia is no exception.

:lmao:

From last year. 

Her influences 

Madonna Since I was very young, I’ve seen Madonna’s music videos on TV; I’ve seen her live performances on YouTube. She’s been such an influential artist for so many generations. It’s always very exciting to see how adventurous she has been onstage—what her persona is, with all the dances and the outfit changes. The Jean Paul Gaultier bustier, that’s my favorite! It didn’t matter what anyone said as long as she felt confident and comfortable, and that’s [something] to aspire to. Be feminine, be sexy, be confident. There’s so much strength behind that.

https://www.vogue.com/article/dua-lipa-us-tour-influential-musicians-makeup-confidence-madonna-katy-perry-fka-twigs

2 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

From last year. 

Her influences 

Madonna Since I was very young, I’ve seen Madonna’s music videos on TV; I’ve seen her live performances on YouTube. She’s been such an influential artist for so many generations. It’s always very exciting to see how adventurous she has been onstage—what her persona is, with all the dances and the outfit changes. The Jean Paul Gaultier bustier, that’s my favorite! It didn’t matter what anyone said as long as she felt confident and comfortable, and that’s [something] to aspire to. Be feminine, be sexy, be confident. There’s so much strength behind that.

https://www.vogue.com/article/dua-lipa-us-tour-influential-musicians-makeup-confidence-madonna-katy-perry-fka-twigs

Love her even more!

Was lucky enough to see her live on SNL ( I got into dress for the Portman show) and she was amazing. She sounded great live and the audience was really into her.

Love her album. Very catchy. The quality of the vinyl pressing is another story, but the actual content is good IMHO.

So...been listening to the album.

It's good. Like, really good. Great production. Decent writing. Her voice is actually pleasant to listen to, and doesn't sound like some tv talent show screetcher.

"Blow Your Mind" and "Begging" are certified BOPS. "Lost In Your Light", "Be The One" and "Garden" are great.

A solid pop album that actually embraces its 'pop-ness'. How refreshing.

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

So...been listening to the album.

It's good. Like, really good. Great production. Decent writing. Her voice is actually pleasant to listen to, and doesn't sound like some tv talent show screetcher.

"Blow Your Mind" and "Begging" are certified BOPS. "Lost In Your Light", "Be The One" and "Garden" are great.

A solid pop album that actually embraces its 'pop-ness'. How refreshing.

I’ll give it a try!

« Be the one » is one of my favorite 2017 song. And I really really like « new rules ». 

I’m sure I’ll like it.