MadonnaNation.com Forums
spotlight

Should Madonna bring back Donna and Nikki Haris for her next world tour.

Should Nikki Haris and Donna de Lory be brought back as backup singers on the next tour?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nikki Haris and Donna de Lory be brought back as backup singers on the next tour?

On 8/6/2017 at 8:02 AM, MLVC82 said:

It would be nice......for a surprise........at one concert.......or an event......for nostalgia.

This. Not a whole tour.

If the magic is still there, then maybe a tour. 

19 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

"I had to gain 45 pounds to play the young Billie Holiday."

Didn't that role go to Floppita? She made the same statement when she was fat.

20 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Madonna has moved on and so have the fans but let me add here that they have been a victim of Madonna's own ageism - yes that's right. She gets upset when people call her old or whatever and yet she's only recruiting 20-something dancers and crew members and backing singers in her own tours rather than 'the best' as she implies she wants. If she wants to have the best guitarist or best flamenco dancer or best backing dancer then their age should be irrelevant rather than her current routine of surrounding herself by imbecilic 20 somethings but that's a whole other discussion.

Did she forbid anyone in their 40-50s from the audition? I don't think so.

How many ppl in their 40-50s could dance like the way M does? How many of them could just leave their family/children and away for 1 year?

Only the young and fearless one can.

4 hours ago, Suedehead said:

It would be so refreshing if she had like a 50 year old ballerina or dancer doing a dancer interlude...

Sorry but this reminds this (FORGIVE ME!!!!!)

:sneaky: 

M is a smart business woman, she can't afford to hire someone just doing interlude. Not feasible. She would rather do it herself.

17 minutes ago, horn said:

M is a smart business woman, she can't afford to hire someone just doing interlude. Not feasible. She would rather do it herself.

She hired a bagpiper to do one number in RIT. She hired Isaac to show up for 1.5 songs in CT. She hired the Romani band to play two songs in S&S. She hired the Crapiklan Trio to do one song in MDNA ...

Let's not pretend she wouldn't hire a prima ballerina if she wanted one.

4 hours ago, Mad_On_Her said:

they're both younger than Madonna so yes they are still physically capable

Oh. 

but so are Janet and Mariah. 

I don't know if Nikki and Donna but I miss that kind of performances that made with her.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the last time she sang a song with her background singers was "Lucky Star" on "Confessions Tour" and I have to say that it was great. Now we know she has background singers just because we see them on the DVD of the tours (and not always). I think, like most of you, that the problem here is that now almost everything is pre-recorded. Maybe it looks perfect but it doesn't have the same strenght that it had when almost everything was live.

I know that now with the video screens is more difficult but I also think that Madonna can make some songs in the old way, I don't know if you know what I mean. For example, on the "Rebel heart tour" she could have sang "Rebel heart" with the background singers with here or something like that. But maybe someday. Unfortunally it won't be with Nikki and Donna, but I hope she sing again with the background singers and make something spectacular. I guess the "Tears of a clown" was a lost opportunity to do something like that.

And answering the answer, I'd love to see the three girls again together.

Not D&N. That ship sailed long ago. But I would love her to include her backing singers more in her performances. Is it so hard to find backing singers that can also join the choreography?

Well, it doesn¡'t have to be a choreo. I mean, the Rain moment in the GS is stunningly beautiful! I miss the complicity with the gals. She has those moments now with the troupee and all that, but somehow is different. 

I wouldn't miss them so much if she had some connection with other back singers now too. But nowadays we don't even know who is singing in the background.

53 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, it doesn¡'t have to be a choreo. I mean, the Rain moment in the GS is stunningly beautiful! I miss the complicity with the gals. She has those moments now with the troupee and all that, but somehow is different. 

I wouldn't miss them so much if she had some connection with other back singers now too. But nowadays we don't even know who is singing in the background.

I didn't even know Kiley's name until RHT rehearsals started -- and she's been with M since 2008! She's such a nonentity on stage.

Edited by material_boy

No, but Niki would've been perfect singing backup for Living for Love.

i dont think their bodies could handle it

Should she? Nah. But if she did, I wouldn't be opposed.

NO. I am not a fan of Nikki Harris.

I prefer the singer during Live8 London. She had a massiv voices and had energy.