MadonnaNation.com Forums
spotlight

Should Madonna bring back Donna and Nikki Haris for her next world tour.

Should Nikki Haris and Donna de Lory be brought back as backup singers on the next tour?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nikki Haris and Donna de Lory be brought back as backup singers on the next tour?

spotlight    0

should the queen give these two another chance? 

SHOULD NIKKI HARIS AND DONNA DE LORY BE BROUGHT BACK AS BACKUP SINGERS ON THE NEXT TOUR?  

spotlight    0

Bretticus    0

They had magic when they were together, but I think everyone has now moved on. 

It would be nice for a one-off TV/awards performance though, for old times' sake.

Nick    0

No that's in the past even though i know some fans are understandably nostalgic about their work. 

Starman    0

No, they all have moved on. Only Donnas voice is missed , she had perfect harmony with M.

id rather she stops using karaoke tracks for ger live show first

karbatal    0

Yes.  But especially IN THE ALBUM.  

There's something magical when those three voices come together.  You can feel it in ROL in Nothing Really Matters 

White Heat    0

I always thought they suited M best out of all the backing singers, however I don't think them going on a tour after all these hears would work. But it would be nice to see them sing with M again. I think maybe if she ever does any one off intimate gigs they would work as backing for something like that.

spotlight    0
1 hour ago, Starman said:

id rather she stops using karaoke tracks for ger live show first

Cosigned. 

Gâteau    0

Yes, definitely. And while you're at it, get a proper live band again. RHT sounded like a high school band. :wacko:

twannak    0

Yes as long as they stay in the back, and not dancing in the front...

horn    0

Nikki can't help to order room service.

spotlight    0
2 minutes ago, horn said:

:lmao::lmao: 

horn    0

They can re-invent Deeper & Deeper as Fatter & Fatter.

spotlight    0

:lmao::lmao: 

LVX    0
1 hour ago, horn said:

1 hour ago, horn said:

They can re-invent Deeper & Deeper as Fatter & Fatter.

N3weBax.gif

S.E.X.    0

Can people tell me why they hate Nikki so much? Did she diss M or something? I don't get it. :lmao: 

Gus    0
1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

Can people tell me why they hate Nikki so much? Did she diss M or something? I don't get it. :lmao: 

2004:

Toronto gay magazine Fab features an interview with Madonna's long-time backing singer Niki Haris. 
Niki, who is performing in Toronto this month, is asked a couple of questions about Madonna, and as she showed in the Madonna's Men UK TV interview earlier this year she isn't shy in her opinions and she also says why she did not tour as backing singer with Madonna this summer. 

When asked if she has a favourite Madonna movie, Niki answers 'Is that possible?!'

When asked why she did not go on the Re-Invention tour this summer and if she would tour with Madonna again, Niki said that she would do it when it's 'reinvention not regurgitation.' She also said she might tour again but there would have to be discussions and she alluded to money matters.... 

http://www.madonnalicious.com/archive/october2004.html

No Niki? 
Posted: 24 March 2004

Despite earlier news that Niki Harris would again be joining Madonna on her tour - news is now coming in that Niki will not be touring with Madonna this time. Niki was even called and asked if she knew any good singers to audition for the tour. 
Madonna's other back-up singer/dancer Donna is still on board though.

http://www.madonnalicious.com/archive/march2004.html

:chuckle:

MLVC82    0

It would be nice......for a surprise........at one concert.......or an event......for nostalgia.

acko    0

Somehow i think the music would benefit from it. 

Martin B.    0

Yes and I invite her to bring back the whole band of the GS on the same occasion. It is so sad that a star of her stature and having her money is accompanied by mediocre musicians for the last 10 years.

S.E.X.    0
20 hours ago, Gus said:

2004:

Toronto gay magazine Fab features an interview with Madonna's long-time backing singer Niki Haris. 
Niki, who is performing in Toronto this month, is asked a couple of questions about Madonna, and as she showed in the Madonna's Men UK TV interview earlier this year she isn't shy in her opinions and she also says why she did not tour as backing singer with Madonna this summer. 

When asked if she has a favourite Madonna movie, Niki answers 'Is that possible?!'

When asked why she did not go on the Re-Invention tour this summer and if she would tour with Madonna again, Niki said that she would do it when it's 'reinvention not regurgitation.' She also said she might tour again but there would have to be discussions and she alluded to money matters.... 

http://www.madonnalicious.com/archive/october2004.html

No Niki? 
Posted: 24 March 2004

Despite earlier news that Niki Harris would again be joining Madonna on her tour - news is now coming in that Niki will not be touring with Madonna this time. Niki was even called and asked if she knew any good singers to audition for the tour. 
Madonna's other back-up singer/dancer Donna is still on board though.

http://www.madonnalicious.com/archive/march2004.html

:chuckle:

Nikki did NOT like Re-Invention as a tour it seems. :chuckle: Can't blame her...the tour overall wasn't THAT good. Similar to RHT

Pedro    0

If it would be performances like Rain in TGS then yes... 

todsmod    0

Their voices blended together nicely.  Their stage presence was usually fun.  Their choreography was usually on point.  But like others have said, I think they've all moved on.  Would be a nice surprise to see the three together again, though.

I would love it! I could imagine Niki and Donna singing for Living For Love, Deeper and Deeper and other tracks on RHT.