MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

DIVA REWIND: Whitney Houston reading the hell out of Wendy Williams

Skin    0

God I miss Whitney.

LSD    0

"Does your Mom date?" "Yes, she does. She minds her business, too." :catty:

"You don't even know what I do. Like you said, you've never met me, you don't know me,  you ain't been in my house, you don't live with me, you don't sleep with me, you don't do shit for me but talk ABOUT me. So watch what you say. That's all, baby girl. That's all I'm asking you, is watch what the fuck you say." :queenbitch:

todsmod    0

It's what happens when your ego is bigger than yourself.  Never did like her attitude (although entertaining at times).  Just got a little to full of herself (and drugs).

I miss her so much. 

She was high AF in this interview. 

All of the shade from these entertainers seems so forced these days. It's like they've watched/listened to interviews like this and are just regurgitating them back out. 

lately Wendy had some female guest on her show and damn Wendell got served by that chick, I cannot find the video though

IsaacHarris    0

Nippy was the queen of shade! A Jersey girl givin' it you straight with no chaser.

IsaacHarris    0
On 8/2/2017 at 8:17 PM, functions_X said:

Whitney was S A V A G E  :lol:

Whitney+Houston+at+Pre-GRAMMY+Gala_mpeg2

THIS FUCKING GIF :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

functions_X    0
11 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

THIS FUCKING GIF :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

one of my favorites, on par with the "receipts" gif :lol: but I was surprised when I saw the original video, she was being polite and she was actually praising someone, not bitching :lol:

Skin    0

See I can't look at Whitney throwing shade and think what a fucking bitch like I do with Mariah and others, because there is such a purity in the way Whitney claps back.  There is no pretentious or passive aggressive feel to it.  You are getting the real raw deal right to your face.

XXL    0
9 hours ago, Skin said:

See I can't look at Whitney throwing shade and think what a fucking bitch like I do with Mariah and others, because there is such a purity in the way Whitney claps back.  There is no pretentious or passive aggressive feel to it.  You are getting the real raw deal right to your face.

:thumbsup:

Because Whitney was an intelligent person, she was also someone that in spite of all the emotional turmoil and the drug use she'd find solace into would always keep things REAL.

The problem with Wendy is that she's not as intelligent or funny as she thinks she is, her gossipy show is a reflection of a whole mediocre universe.

Yes I know about that famous 80s quote from Whitney about her daughter getting drowned were she to turn up like Madonna but she later flipped around 360 and even defended Madonna (I have met Madonna and she doesn't wear a cone bra in her every day life), whereas people like Mariah, Gaga, Janet lack of humour, sense of entitlement, full on display of hideous passive-aggressiveness is unbearable

Wendy can be so grating and silly at times. All those faces she pulls and the whole Mariahesque diva dahlin "shade time". Offputting and juvenile to say the least

Also she should stop shaming people for their weight, their botoxed faces or anything related to their physical appearance, and take a hard look in the mirror. The amount of feature-altering surgeries she's had is staggering, she's in no place to call out Madonna over her face puffiness. Madonna is still beautiful at her age and you can actually look at her eyes, breasts, lips, nose and still see you're looking at Madonna. Wendy looks like a man in drag

vocalism    0
12 hours ago, Skin said:

Maybe in this Wendy interview, but she was very passive-aggressive in other interviews, especially when asked about M or MC.

14 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Nippy was the queen of shade! A Jersey girl givin' it you straight with no chaser.

I don't know what this was in response to, but sounds like she's talking about other pop singers? Like M? If this is the early 90s, that was her biggest competition. 

Jazzy Jan    0
26 minutes ago, vocalism said:

Maybe in this Wendy interview, but she was very passive-aggressive in other interviews, especially when asked about M or MC.

I don't know what this was in response to, but sounds like she's talking about other pop singers? Like M? If this is the early 90s, that was her biggest competition. 

Agree.  Whitney was one of the greatest singers of all time but she was more shady, nasty and bitchy towards other female singers than just about everyone - especially in the 80's.   Her comments on Madonna for example were the worst I have seen from anybody. 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Agree.  Whitney was one of the greatest singers of all time but she was more shady, nasty and bitchy towards other female singers than just about everyone - especially in the 80's.   Her comments on Madonna for example were the worst I have seen from anybody. 

I've hung around Whitney-boards throughout most of the late 90'ies and '00s and I'm pretty sure this is an urban legend (the thing she supposedly said about M). No footage has ever surfaced.

I'm actually surprised at the perception y'all seem to have of Whitney. I mean yeah, the Wendy interview is legendary, but she sorta asked for it?

But apart from that, Whitney always seemed so warm and supportive of other artists (also behind-the-scenes). When she criticized others it was usually in general terms without singling out anyone. The one time she seemingly shaded MC, if you watch the actual footage,  it was more out of annoyance about being constantly compared. They actually became great friends in the end. 

Jazzy Jan    0
1 hour ago, Dancing_Queen said:

I've hung around Whitney-boards throughout most of the late 90'ies and '00s and I'm pretty sure this is an urban legend (the thing she supposedly said about M). No footage has ever surfaced.

I'm actually surprised at the perception y'all seem to have of Whitney. I mean yeah, the Wendy interview is legendary, but she sorta asked for it?

But apart from that, Whitney always seemed so warm and supportive of other artists (also behind-the-scenes). When she criticized others it was usually in general terms without singling out anyone. The one time she seemingly shaded MC, if you watch the actual footage,  it was more out of annoyance about being constantly compared. They actually became great friends in the end. 

No it is definitely not an urban legend. These interviews were in Smash hits or a similar pop magazine plus a newspaper and I had copies of them for years in a Madonna scrapbook I had. I eventually threw them out as I threw out a lot of negative stuff as could not justify hanging on to it.  They were widely reported on at the time as well.  Whitney's comments about Madonna got a lot of attention by Madonna fans in the 80's. Also, members have posted copies of them here. They are now not avaible on the net. 

Other members here know and remember them too. I know Whitney changed her mind years later but she definitely said those things when she was first famous. 

vocalism    0

The classy, sweet little girl persona was an act that was largely created by Clive and Arista. She was street. She had a taste for drugs from an early age because of her brothers and her upbringing. Everyone blames Bobby, but he was more of a drinker. She liked her drugs. And women, supposedly.

1 hour ago, Dancing_Queen said:

DE-Z2rHWAAAQWp4?format=jpg&name=large

tuckeye    0

mixture of jealousy, and not the fame kind, but because whitney was trapped in that religious & image bubble. she could never get out of. she was never truly free. and she saw that in madonna and the career madonna had. 

whitney will always be a legend but drugs mess with you and so does the media. so who knows. r.i.p.

She desperately wanted to be street, but she was raised in a good neighbourhood by fairly well-off parents. But her father was this mobster-like, greedy, philandering piece of sh*t (idolized by his daughter) while her mother is/was this strict, holier-than-thou bigot (that Whitney probably secretly despised).

End result being as we all know it.

Anyway, maybe she did say it then. But then I think I agree with tuckeye's theory that she was jealous of Madonna's liberty to choose her own path.

On the other hand, I found out that the pop magazines I used to read were completely made up BS most of the time. I've never heard of this magazine, so I'll take your word on it if you say they were reliable.

Jazzy Jan    0
1 hour ago, graffitiheart said:

DE-Z2rHWAAAQWp4?format=jpg&name=large

Thanks @graffitiheart That was one of them and there was also another interview where she said she would kill her daughter if she grew up to be like Madonna. It was in both Melbourne papers - the Herald Sun and the Age and the reporter said he was shocked by her comments in a later article.  I always remember my mother saying how unprofessional and vicious Whitney was as it is well known then that performers never criticised each other in public. Something that seems to now be lost as everyone is excited for shade and put downs. 

It does not matter so much now but I am a bit stunned that so many seem to believe those interviews never happened.  People's views change and obviously Whitney's views on Madonna did.  Whitney was very different when she first become famous ie in how she was promoted. She was always pushed as the all good wholesome Christian girl to the masses.