MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Madonna 59th Birthday countdown

After WTG success, Madonna releases her first remix album that went to become one of the best-selling remix albums of all time.

Madonna set the trend for remix albums (and compilation albums)(something that Gagas etvc have used in the future.)

A new song called Spotlight emerged.

47 minutes ago, Jester said:

After WTG success, Madonna releases her first remix album that went to become one of the best-selling remix albums of all time.

Madonna set the trend for remix albums (and compilation albums)(something that Gagas etvc have used in the future.)

I wished Spotlight was a global single not just Japan! This would've been huge :inlove: 

1 hour ago, Jester said:

This would've gone top 5 easily. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this song so much. 

Does anyone have the clip that was posted here before of spotlight from an American eighties dance show? I just remember a lot of big hair.

16 hours ago, Jester said:

The second single reached #2 on Hot100 and stayed there for 3 weeks, held by Michael Jackson 's ,monster hit Bad.

Another one of her BEST 80's tracks!  Undeniably groovy with a killer bridge:

"You won't admit it but you know it's true. 

It's not a secret how I feel when I stand next to you!"   :dramatic:

madonna-like-a-prayer.jpg

August 5th and Like a Prayer is the album of the day, Madonna careerwise critical triumph. This album is inspired by Madonna 's family, her relationship with her father(Oh Father), siblings(Keep it Together)

We move on 1989 early march, Madonna becomes brunette, Pepsi ad pulled due to controversy.

madonna-like-a-prayer-video-set-0002.jpg The influence and impact Like a Prayer pop record has  made to modern pop music is undeniable.

When Taylor Swift was asked about 1989, the best-selling non-Adele pop record of this decade in US.(x6 PLATINUM), she said

I have a few artists in the late eighties who I think made the most incredible, bold, risky decisions as far as pop music goes. They were really ahead of their time, like Annie Lennox and what Madonna was doing in the late eighties. "Like a Prayer" is legitimately one of the greatest pop songs of all time.

— Swift speaking about her inspiration for the album during an interview with Kiss FM.[

Out of the woods is inspired by Like a Prayer. Taylor Swift one of the biggest names in modern music admires Madonna.Here we see how she praises Madonna to high heavens saying it matters too much to go say hi to her, while paying dust to ladey discounts being behind her. You see 1989 almost outsold Joanne in 2016 year-end chart while being released in 2014 and not being in any kind of discount it crossed 10,000,000 units worldwide. http://www.mediatraffic.de/year-end-albums.htm

Another album that Like a Prayer had profound influence is one that we hate the most Ladey Discounts BORN THIS WAY

When asked about the inspiration behind Born this way(song)

she said:

I want to write my this-is-who-the-fuck-I-am anthem, but I don't want it to be hidden in poetic wizardry and metaphors. I want it to be an attack, an assault on the issue because I think, especially in today's music, everything gets kind of washy sometimes and the message gets hidden in the lyrical play. Harkening back to the early '90s, when Madonna, En Vogue, Whitney Houston and TLC were making very empowering music for women and the gay community and all kind of disenfranchised communities, the lyrics and the melodies were very poignant and very gospel and very spiritual and I said, 'That's the kind of record I need to make. That's the record that's going to shake up the industry.' It's not about the track. It's not about the production. It's about the song. Anyone could sing 'Born This Way'. It could've been anyone."[1]

Second single off LAP is EXPRESS YOURSELF

Like a Prayer got rave reviews, touching perfect 10 scores and A in many magazines.

Image result for like a prayer album

Other two great singles released from this album were Oh Father and Dear Jessie. Even though  they didn t match the commercial success of Like a Prayer and Express Yourself, they are great adds to Madonna 's discography. Oh Father was perfomed on Blond Ambition Tour.

This thread shows why Madonna is the greatest female artist in music ever. Like a prayer was another epic era. The album and videos were above and beyond what anyone was making. 

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

This thread shows why Madonna is the greatest female artist in music ever. Like a prayer was another epic era. The album and videos were above and beyond what anyone was making. 

It really does. 

This is such a fun thread to follow. It feels like I'm reliving each era with every description, image, video and performance. I love it. 

One of my all time fav Madonna tracks is Keep it Together(5th single off LAP reaching top 10 in US)

Ιt was also an iconic closing to Blond Ambition Tour.

Next era for tomorrow is I am Breathless/Immaculate Collection, but before going there we will talk about BLOND AMBITION TOUR. Get ready for iconic videos, photos etc.

It was summer 1990 and a worldwide cultural phenomenon was being unveiled, started in Japan.

Madonna released Vogue in March 1990, it went to become an international hit. It was part of I am Breathless soundtrack for the movie Dick Tracy