MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Madonna 59th Birthday countdown

For the The Virgin Tour,

* Madonna set records for the highest attendance in Radio City Music Hall and it sold out it 24 minutes; and the fastest tickets sold in Chicago (18,000 tickets in just one day); 31, 000 tickets sold in under 4 hours in Philadelphia

In San Francisco, tour t-shirts were selling at a clocked rate of one every six seconds.

The first album has started my THIRST for this wo(w)man.  WHAT AN ARTIST , HOW BLESSED WE ARE TO LIVE PARALLEL TO THIS DAMN HUGE VISIONARIA

Another part of this era is Into the Groove, released as a single in summer 1985 for the Desperately Seeking Susan movie it reached #1 in many countries worldwide and became an instant dance anthem. Re-released with the 1985 reissue of LAV album

The era closed with Dress You Up, another Top5 hit for the Like a Virgin era.

c80a74f41ee7710491b8ca225d8facf4.jpg

burning up!!!!!!!

Moving on to Madonna 's next era True Blue.

August 3rd-TRUE BLUE is the album of the day

In March 1986, Madonna re-invents herself as a ballad songbird. Live to tell is a triumph, because it shows Madonna 's power to serve ballads. It became a #1 hit, and one of the biggest adult contemporary radio hits of 1980s.

Borderline filming locations, interesting. 

4 hours ago, Jester said:

Moving on to Madonna 's next era True Blue.

August 3rd-TRUE BLUE is the album of the day

In March 1986, Madonna re-invents herself as a ballad songbird. Live to tell is a triumph, because it shows Madonna 's power to serve ballads. It became a #1 hit, and one of the biggest adult contemporary radio hits of 1980s.

LTT in confessions is amazing & sets her apart from all the current wannabees with cheap & poor thought out concepts. 

Image result for italians do it better madonna

The second single released in June 1986 was the summer hit of the year worldwide. It aroused controversy about teen pregnancy. Conservative America is shook agaian after like a virgin. And of course it went #1.

Ladies and gentleman PAPA DONT PREACH MTV FEMALE VIDEO OF THE YEAR 1987.

madonna-true-blue-cd-cover.jpg

x7 PLATINUM with three #1s and 2 top5 hits. TRUE BLUE.

Third single is TRUE BLUE a #3 hit, I love this 2001 remix.

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Borderline filming locations, interesting. 

Thanks for posting. It's funny that I recently found out video was filmed entirely in LA. Always thought the video was filmed at least partly in NY because I thought I recognize the industrial zone in video.

Anyway, it's def a classic & I appreciate how she depicted interracial dating before many others in pop. Now you see it all the time in videos even though it was previously more controversial for retarded reasons. 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Thanks for posting. It's funny that I recently found out video was filmed entirely in LA. Always thought the video was filmed at least partly in NY because I thought I recognize the industrial zone in video.

Anyway, it's def a classic & I appreciate how she depicted interracial dating before many others in pop. Now you see it all the time in videos even though it was previously more controversial for retarded reasons. 

:thumbsup:

1. Live To Tell on WTG, BA, and CT obliterates the current girls.

2. @Pedro's new profile pic is so cute!

3. Keep this great thread coming...

Released in fall 1986, Madonna 's third #1 from TRUE BLUE

OPEN YOUR HEART. ICONIC MOMENTS

@Shaun :kiss2::brenspin:

5th single off TRUE BLUE

Madonna-Whos-That-Girl-Poster.jpg

Summer 1987 and Madonna kicks off her first world tour selling out huge stadiums in all continents of earth(unlike some recent hasbeen dragqueen   than never managed to do so in her first 9 years career)

Moving on to Whos that girl era/You can dance, later today.

I will post some favourites moments of WTG Tour first

http://www.idolator.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2015/03/madonna-whos-that-girl-tour-1.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/be/38/fb/be38fb902c0ff5c977b4bc8595a6229e.jpg

Only in their wildest dreams pop girls would live such moments.

Enjoying this thread and re living all of Madonna's history. 

The upper bust of a blond woman. She has thick eyebrow and a beauty spot above her upper lip. The girl is wearing black mascara on her eyelashes and dark red lipstick. She is looking upwards towards a man in tuxedo. 

August 4th, album of the day is Whos that Girl/You can Dance

Whos that girl released in August 1987 in theaters. Critics panned it, although it spawned a successful soundtrack.

Lead single released in late june 1987, became Madonna 's sixth no.1 and Madonna became the first female performer to get that many number-ones as a solo act in the 30 years of BB Hot 100 Chart.

The second single reached #2 on Hot100 and stayed there for 3 weeks, held by Michael Jackson 's ,monster hit Bad.