MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jester

Madonna 59th Birthday countdown

So, as we all know in 15 days Queen of Life will complete her 59th year on earth. For celebrating her art and influence, we will countdown the 16 Madonna studio albums(WTG,I am Breathless,Evita included) each day, I will post something about each era. We can all post our era favourites moments here each day.

So, August 1st MADONNA-FIRST ALBUM is being the album of the day.

Madonna%2C_debut_album_cover.png

Madonna broke into the scene with her lead single Everybody. This song may not have debuted on Hot 100, but became a dance- club song favourite.

I live for the modern remix.

Madonna perfoming in 1982. This 24-years old girl didn 't know what the future holds for her. The 34-years-most successful female artist career in recorded history was just ahead of her.

the-first-album-cassette-album-%5B2%5D-1IMG_6571.JPG

This was my first version of the First Album. I bought it in 1989 or '90, can't remember. I only remember how shocked I was that Holiday and Borderline were Madonna songs. 

1 minute ago, Lolo said:

the-first-album-cassette-album-%5B2%5D-1IMG_6571.JPG

This was my first version of the First Album. I bought it in 1989 or '90, can't remember. I only remember how shocked I was that Holiday and Borderline were Madonna songs. 

How lovely. Your favourite track on this ? My no.1 is Borderline and no.2 Physical Attraction.

I can't believe she's going to be 59. I really can't wrap my head around that. Especially after seeing her recent performance at Leonardo's hoopla. It's just not normal for a 59 year old to have that kind of energy and stamina. Absolutely remarkable and inspiring. Those mornings when I'm laying there, dreading my workout, I think to myself..... What Would Madonna Do? lol. 

Anyway, Everybody remains one of my top 20 favorite songs by her.

Always will be.

It was the perfect song for her to debut to the world as the calm before Hurricane Madonna hit just a year later. I know LAV, MG, ITG, Borderline, Holiday, and many more of her 80's classics get a ton of recognition and love, but Everybody deserves to be lumped into that roster of  80's pop perfection. It encapsulates that bridge of late 70's new wave disco into early 80's pop with such ease. And it's just such effortlessly cool bop. 

As much as I wish this was the song that put Madonna on the map, it's kind of fun to have it as fan favorite. Like it's almost an anthem for us die hard stans. 

So many great songs!

1. Borderline

2. Burning up

3. Everybody

4. Holiday

5. Lucky Star

... ✨💥💙

for extended pleasure.

Personal favorite out of her eighties albums! 

Reminds me so much of old skool nyc with it's amazing mix of people and cultures before rampant gentrification. 

33 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

The PINNACLE of 80's pop perfection ⭐️

tumblr_nzc263gV9u1qzjr2jo1_400.gif

True star quality 😭

burning-up-7-france-550.png?w=640

Burning Up was released March 9.1983 as the official second single.

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000054404644-uodbms-t500x500.jpg

The third single became Madonna 's first hit that managed to gain the attention of many foreign markets in Europe and Asia.

HOLIDAY(Most fans are sick  of it being overplayed in her tours)

BUT WE STAN A CLASSIC 80S  HIT

12 hours ago, Jester said:

How lovely. Your favourite track on this ? My no.1 is Borderline and no.2 Physical Attraction.

I instantly loved them all. ALL of them. I was floored at how good the album was, cause I grew up with LAV, TB and LAP (we didn't have WTG soundtrack either) so I thought, well it's her first album from when she was still unknown, so it can't be as good as the others. But it was! Physical attraction and Everybody were my faves for some couple of months. 

For the record Madonna-the first album was so successful after the release of holiday single that Madonna pushed back LAV due to big first album sales.

Madonna peaked at no.8 on BB 200 and charted for  168 non-coscecutive weeks:queenbitch:

the 4th single LUCKY STAR, was well received. Many boys and girls tried mimicking the dance moves in the original video.  With  this video Madonna was starting taking over MTV.

The end of MADONNA era produced a chart-lasting top 10 hit Borderline.

We are moving on  Like a Virgin era later today.

August 2nd-Like a certified Diamond Virgin era

September 1984, American society witness the cultural phenomenon.

As much as I'm looking forward to her birthday I must admit I'm booked in for a colonoscopy for the 15th which I'm dreading!! :(

Serving looks since 1984

Breaking Japanese market

Madonna standing on a bridge wearing a light green see-through top and black pant.

Six-weeks #1 on Hot 100 in US,#1 in Japan and Canada. International Queen of Pop just established her brand name in late 1984.

And when nothing could reach Like a Virgin cultural 's impact, second single became also part of pop culture history.

Introducing the #2  US hit MATERIAL GIRL that became Madge 's nickname. Cause we are leaving in a material world, babe.

The third single from this era is actually Crazy for you, even though it is in Vision Quest, it came after Material Girl in early 1985 and becoming Madonna 's second #1 US hit. Madonna had a steak of #1-#2-#1 in four months period.

LikeAVirgin1984.png

Madonna 's second studio album was the first female album in us history to move 5,000,000 units in just 6 months. The reason behind it it was obvious, Madonna delivered hit after hit at this time period. Madonna didn 't wait for change. She did it.

She announces Virgin Tour, which kicked off in April 10, 1985. A punk styled bubblegum soultry 26-years old phenomenon is touring US. Madonna wannabes were already formed by 1984, hundreds of girls were dressing up like Madonna attending her concerts.

The same day Virgin Tour kicks off the official third single of LAV is serviced to US radio. It became a #5 hit, breaking the radio.