Wisconsin company to install rice-sized microchips in employees

jaron

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2017/07/24/wisconsin-company-install-rice-sized-microchips-employees/503867001/?utm_source=usatn&utm_medium=front&utm_campaign=usatn-pv-viral

https://www.rt.com/viral/397255-microchip-employees-rfid-contactless/

Welcome to the future? 

A Wisconsin technology company is offering its employees microchip implants that can be used to scan into the building and purchase food at work. Whether or not to get a chip is up to the employee to decide.

Three Square Market, a company that provides technology for break-room or micro markets, has over 50 employees who plan to have the devices implanted. The tiny chip, which uses RFID technology or Radio-Frequency Identification, can be implanted between the thumb and forefinger "within seconds," according to a statement from the company.

The company, which is based in River Falls, Wisc., envisions the rice-sized micro chip allowing employees to easily pay for items, access the building and their computers all with a scan of their hand. 

"We foresee the use of RFID technology to drive everything from making purchases in our office break room market, opening doors, use of copy machines, logging into our office computers, unlocking phones, sharing business cards, storing medical/health information, and used as payment at other RFID terminals," CEO Todd Westby said in a company statement. "Eventually, this technology will become standardized allowing you to use this as your passport, public transit, all purchasing opportunities, etc." 

And while microchipping employees may sound like something out of a horror film, the company is partnering with Swedish company BioHax International, which already has many "chipped" employees. 

Employees are not required to get the microchips, and Westby told the station there is no GPS tracking. 

horrible times are awaiting for us. If this is going to be happen here in Germany, a big company is about to start in near future with this, then I am going to leave my job. I will not going to let this happen to be implanted in my body. Science fictions movies are getting real step by step

Of all the things technology can help us in, I just don't see why anyone would want something surgically implanted in them so as to not have to deal with the hassle of carrying around an employee badge :lol: our phones are with us 24/7 and we're already 100% open about being monitored and spied on, it's not even about that. It just seems so stupid and unnecessary