MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedehead

HUNG UP / A NEW LEVEL: Madonna's finest guitar moment?

She already said "full-on No" when asked about a full on rock album 😂

Nice to see rockdonna getting some praise, most fans hate the rock versions but they really work great live. 

acko    0

Suedehead, u know this is my favourite HU!

It's only way I can stomach this song.

Nikki    0
On 7/29/2017 at 6:11 PM, eroticerotic said:

THIS and the DWT/ Candy Perfume Girl Riffs are orgasms to me

i'd love more songs like that. she's so good at it. from the song itself to the performance on tour. sometimes I think she simply forgets all she's done and what she's capable of.

8 hours ago, Nikki said:

i'd love more songs like that. she's so good at it. from the song itself to the performance on tour. sometimes I think she simply forgets all she's done and what she's capable of.

I know!!!

Nick    0

Thought that candy perfurme girl was much better though when you compare it to HU rock version.

Nikki    0
2 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

I know!!!

songs like that just put her on a whole other level.. 

but then i have to add that if she'd be up for it, it has to be really good.. the right mindset and be around the right people

dollhouse    0

honestly, that performance is sooo underrated among her own fans..

truly amazin..

idro    0

Fuck yeah I luv it

acko    0

loving the positive réactions! The disco Queens r Just a bit thrown by This version. SHE NEVER looked so comfortable with a guitar 🎸 as she does

here....

Kim    0
33 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

yes ,you're right My bad

No, you were right. He's obviously the one playing  in all those guitar solos (assuming on that particular night they're not just pressing the prerecorded tape button) The interesting part of that article is that it was the musical director's horrible idea to massacre Hung Up and not Madge herself. 

sotos8    0
2 minutes ago, Kim said:

No, you were right. He's obviously the one playing  in all those guitar solos (assuming on that particular night they're not just pressing the prerecorded tape button) The interesting part of that article is that it was the musical director's horrible idea to massacre Hung Up and not Madge herself. 

Yes i read that too but since i'm a rock fan i actually enjoyed the rif very much .The ending though is just noise 

Kim    0
1 minute ago, sotos8 said:

Yes i read that too but since i'm a rock fan i actually enjoyed the rif very much .The ending though is just noise 

The riff is fine, but the actual "rock" remix of HU is excruciatingly bad.

Madge was having trouble with her mic and guitar during Burning Up at one of the RHT shows I saw and sure enough, even as the tech was switching her battery and mic packs the guitar (and the voice) just kept on playing. Awful.

sotos8    0

I agree that Hung Up being maybe her finest disco moment and universally loved by the casual fans doesn't need to be altered in any way when live . My friends at the concert were waiting for Hung Up the whole show ..they left dissapointed

IsaacHarris    0

I don't have a burning desire to hear Hung Up performed in it's original state ever again & it's no shade.

:confessions:

Bat-Fan    0

I loved the Hard Candy album, I liked the Sticky and Sweet tour but I hated that rock version of Hung Up, terrible way to treat that song.

Jazzy Jan    0

I am not a fan of Madonna with a guitar.  She is such an incredible performer and moves beautifully.  I think the guitar hinders her as it is not her forte and restricts her movements. She can hold an audience in the palm of her hand like no other star can simply with charisma and performing talent.  

runa    0
1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I am not a fan of Madonna with a guitar.  She is such an incredible performer and moves beautifully.  I think the guitar hinders her as it is not her forte and restricts her movements. She can hold an audience in the palm of her hand like no other star can simply with charisma and performing talent.  

I 100% agree with that.

I understand she plays guitar to have a break from dancing and take some rest. But that's not how I like her. I don't care if she stays behind her mic not moving (a la Frozen in RIT) but that guitar doesn't suit her well. I dislike it.

runa    0

I totally forgot about that performance of HU and there's a reason why I guess, :wacko: :rotfl:

Starman    0

3 hours ago, runa said:

I 100% agree with that.

I understand she plays guitar to have a break from dancing and take some rest. But that's not how I like her. I don't care if she stays behind her mic not moving (a la Frozen in RIT) but that guitar doesn't suit her well. I dislike it.

i think her voice suffers a lot on the guitar performances

Bat-Fan    0

I HATE her guitar performances. All she does is shout: I CANT HEAR YOU or I DONT SEE YOU JUMPING, EVERYBODY JUMP. So annoying. She needs to retire those guitar acts. I like it more when she plays the classical guitar.

On 8/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, Kim said:

This.

Illuminati    0

I enjoy the actual riff, but the overall arrangement is a mess. It starts with electric guitars and later switches to the original playing in the background with its disco beat. It doesn't blend properly. They should've re-arranged it entirely with proper use of her drummer throughout the song to make it sound less copy-paste.

Nikki    0
On 8/4/2017 at 2:26 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

madonna with an acoustic guitar is one of my fav aspects about her. it makes her shine.

i'd love to see her behind a drum set some time. just to try it, for fans or at her house when someone films it and we can see it, not for a big show, to see what she can do. she used to play them and i wonder if maybe she has a talent for it. it's based on fast movement and rhythm, which she has plenty of also thanks to the dance background, so I think it would work