MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sky Fits Heaven

In which DWT shows did M perform You'll See?

spotlight    0

I think MSG NYC was one. 

mafalda    0

Pretty much the first half of the US leg: Philadelphia - New York City - Boston - Miami - Atlanta 

She did Gone Washington DC, New Jersey, Detroit, Oakland, Las Vegas and Los Angeles

No idea about Chicago though because I haven't got any DWT audios from that city.

Thanks!

According to Mad-Eyes archives, Madonna sang Gone in Chicago. So, it seems it went like this:

Philadelphia - You'll See
NYC - You'll See

New Jersey - Gone
Boston - You'll See
Washington DC - Gone
Miami - - You'll See
Atlanta - You'll See

Detroit - Gone
Chicago - Gone
Las Vegas - Gone
Oakland - Gone
Los Angeles - Gone 

But all cities had multiple dates (except New Jersey) and Mad-Eyes don't have archives for all the dates. Are you guys sure that at each city Madonna did only sing either Gone or You'll See?

mtsanis    0

i remember at the time, someone noted that it was all the shows that Guy Ritchie wasn't present for.

Je5u5    0
On 30/7/2017 at 11:04 PM, Sky Fits Heaven said:

Thanks!

According to Mad-Eyes archives, Madonna sang Gone in Chicago. So, it seems it went like this:

Philadelphia - You'll See
NYC - You'll See

New Jersey - Gone
Boston - You'll See
Washington DC - Gone
Miami - - You'll See
Atlanta - You'll See

Detroit - Gone
Chicago - Gone
Las Vegas - Gone
Oakland - Gone
Los Angeles - Gone 

But all cities had multiple dates (except New Jersey) and Mad-Eyes don't have archives for all the dates. Are you guys sure that at each city Madonna did only sing either Gone or You'll See?

She did You'll See in both Miami dates.

Not sure about the others.

runa    0

I can't believe we'll never get a professional recording of this AMAZING performance. This is just insane it was not a bonus on the DVD. She was flawless, her voice totally on point, she didn't missed a note and it was incredibly moving. 

Sanctuary    0

I would have loved to hear it in person and DEFINTELY on the DVD. I was at the first Chicago show and I can confirm that she did not sing You'll See. 

Alain Delon    0
On 25/07/2017 at 6:57 AM, spotlight said:

I think MSG NYC was one. 

I can confirm it definitely was!

I was at MSG too. She sounded perfect singing You'll See. It should've been part of the whole tour, or at least for the Detroit shows. It's a shame it wasn't on the DVD.

bliss94    0
17 hours ago, runa said:

I can't believe we'll never get a professional recording of this AMAZING performance. This is just insane it was not a bonus on the DVD. She was flawless, her voice totally on point, she didn't missed a note and it was incredibly moving. 

We never get such bonus on her dvds

What about Frozen from S&ST 2009??

😡😡😡😡

Nick    0
9 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I was at MSG too. She sounded perfect singing You'll See. It should've been part of the whole tour, or at least for the Detroit shows. It's a shame it wasn't on the DVD.

You're really fortunate that you got to attend tour with a performance of You'll See! Really regret that I missed this special tour.:zombie:

mtsanis    0

i was there opening night in Philly in the 2nd row, the first time she performed it, everyone was expecting Gone and people went nuts once they realized it was You'll See. One of the best live concert moments of my life. 

Starman    0
4 minutes ago, mtsanis said:

i was there opening night in Philly in the 2nd row, the first time she performed it, everyone was expecting Gone and people went nuts once they realized it was You'll See. One of the best live concert moments of my life. 

Was it the first life in her career she changed the setlist of a tour? I canr recall anything on the tours pre-dwt...

Suedehead    0
On 31/07/2017 at 1:39 AM, mtsanis said:

i remember at the time, someone noted that it was all the shows that Guy Ritchie wasn't present for.

No no and no. Let's not rewrite history and mythologise. 

Gus    0
On 30/7/2017 at 9:39 PM, mtsanis said:

She performed You'll See in Miami on August the 15th, same show Guy surprised her with a Birthday cake on stage

On 8/4/2017 at 6:19 PM, Starman said:

Was it the first life in her career she changed the setlist of a tour? I canr recall anything on the tours pre-dwt...

I don't remember her ever doing that on previous tours. That's why the recent tours are shocking. She's been mixing things up a lot. She used to be very strict about doing every show the same, probably because she's a perfectionist. I'm glad she's having more fun with setlist changes now. I think she realizes that her fans go to multiple show and react positively to hearing a song they didn't expect.

15 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I don't remember her ever doing that on previous tours. That's why the recent tours are shocking. She's been mixing things up a lot. She used to be very strict about doing every show the same, probably because she's a perfectionist. I'm glad she's having more fun with setlist changes now. I think she realizes that her fans go to multiple show and react positively to hearing a song they didn't expect.

This.

mtsanis    0

wasn't trying to rewrite history.... just said i had heard that at the time, didn't want to waste my time doing the research on it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Starman    0
On 8/5/2017 at 11:44 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I myself dont like the idea of missing songs during the concerts

and on RHT you could get

medley + whos that girl + ghosttown

or maybe

no medley + spanish lesson/secret

Bill    0
On 8/3/2017 at 10:17 PM, runa said:

Agreed!!!  And the audience's reaction made it even more special.

rekha    0

I still can't believe that she chose not to sing it in England!! It was in the charts for so long and was so incredibly popular that it would have been the perfect choice....

Although I love Gone too!

I read recently that she sang Gone most of time to protect her voice. You'll See is def a harder vocal.

I was at the Chicago show, was disappointed she did Gone.

mafalda    0
On 05/08/2017 at 10:44 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I REALLY like the idea of her playing around with the setlist from time to time... That means as she gets old, the more flexible she's become over the years. The Request section started during the 2008 leg of the S&S and we got A LOT of songs sung acapella. During MDNA she added some instrumentation which continued during the RHT. Regarding censorship, sometimes I wonder what the BAT Madonna we all knew in 1990 would do today if the government strictly tells her to not perform certain songs (for example, Singapore). Did she do it for the money only? or did she really think about all those Southeast Asian fans who will probably never see her again?