MadonnaNation.com Forums
cool_cris

Madonna performs at the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Gala! [merged]

Hi guys

I came across this story from Page Six from last month and I havn't seen it posted anywhere here on Mnation. So kinda thought it's interesting and may have some truth to it (don't know how reliable Page Six is with these things. I can't create a new thread so think to post it here... maybe other kind members can create a thread for this so we can dream for at least a few days for maybe another chance to see new M pics, looking all glamourous :-) The thing that made me think is quite possibly true is the fact that M is still in Europe and that Leo is credited as one of the major contributors for MJC in Malawi as one of the posters here mentioned? So that could be kinda "return the favour" thing? And the people listed to show up she knows most of them personally. Anyway I hope she does show up because I'm desperate for new M pics :-) 

PS I need a pic of M and Cate Blanchett :-)

Lenny Kravitz to perform at Leo DiCaprio’s annual gala

By Ian Mohr

June 20, 2017 | 9:39pm

Leo DiCaprio has landed Lenny Kravitz to perform at his annual Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Gala in St-Tropez, Page Six has exclusively learned.

We hear that Madonna will make a special appearance at the July 26 event and will be a chair along with Prince Albert of Monaco, Emma Stone, Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz, Tom Hanks, Jared Leto, Kate Hudson, Tobey Maguire and Edward Norton. Simon de Pury will preside over an art auction curated by Lisa Schiff.

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/20/lenny-kravitz-to-perform-at-leo-dicaprios-annual-gala/

According to this 'Madame Le Figaro' article from July 17th, she's going

Soirée branchée

Depuis 2014, le gala de Leonardo DiCaprio est l'événement estival à ne pas manquer sur la Côte d'Azur. Cette année, la levée de fonds se déroulera dans un lieu typiquement tropézien, à Gassin, sur les hauteurs de la ville. Et réunira une impressionnante brochette de stars : le prince Albert II de Monaco, les actrices Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz, Emma Stone, Uma Thurman, la pop star Madonna, ainsi que le petit-fils du célèbre commandant, Philippe Cousteau Jr, les acteurs Tom Hanks, Jared Leto, Edward Norton et le meilleur ami de Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire. Invitée d'honneur de cette quatrième édition, la maire de Paris, Anne Hidalgo. Le chanteur Lenny Kravitz offrira une performance musicale lors de la soirée. Avis aux plus fortunés, quelques invitations sont à disposition... pour 9000 dollars.

http://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/leonardo-dicaprio-organise-son-quatrieme-gala-annuel-a-saint-tropez-les-photos-des-oeuvres-dart-aux-encheres-170717-133303

I hope she goes to this.  Great cause of course and also look at the people that are attending and who she will hopefully be photographed with -  Marion Cotillard , Cate Blanchett, Penelope Cruz. Edward Norton, Lenny Kravitz, Emma Stone, Jared Leto, Tom Hanks and Uma Thurman.   Not to mention Leo himself who I love.  Plus, we all want to see photos of Madonna at events as often as possible. 

Fingers crossed 

12 hours ago, cool_cris said:

We hear that Madonna will make a special appearance at the July 26 event and will be a chair along with Prince Albert of Monaco, Emma Stone, Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard, Penélope Cruz, Tom Hanks, Jared Leto, Kate Hudson, Tobey Maguire and Edward Norton. Simon de Pury will preside over an art auction curated by Lisa Schiff.

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/20/lenny-kravitz-to-perform-at-leo-dicaprios-annual-gala/

The founder of phoney "World Music Award". :bad: 

In case anyone cares, WMA had died a few years ago 'cos no one cares except Pariah & lambs.

This list is full of people who are fans of hers and to whom she has been photographed hanging out with in recent years so it's gonna a friends party that's why i think she's going

Yaaaas M! Go for it, I just want to see new looks and her with her fellow friends.

Plus she’s friends with Leo and Norton and it’s very close to Lisbon.

54 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

This list is full of people who are fans of hers and to whom she has been photographed hanging out with in recent years so it's gonna a friends party that's why i think she's going

Was thinking the same thing.  I am hoping like mad she goes.  

Didnt dicaprio donated something for rasing malawi in miami?

she will prob go to exchange the favor

47 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

And yes, @Jazzy Jan would love to see a picture of Madonna and Marion together!!! Oui, oui, oui!!!

Yes !  Two beautiful, talented and intelligent women.  Would be lovely to see a photo of both of them together. 

3 hours ago, horn said:

The founder of phoney "World Music Award". :bad: 

In case anyone cares, WMA had died a few years ago 'cos no one cares except Pariah & lambs.

Yes you're very right about him :laugh:

But the other guests are nice

And Leonardo has been a long time supporter of Raising Malawi as much as Madonna has been a long time supporter of his climate change campaigning

im so excited about simone de pury. he was also on that art show that had the girl on who madonna loved so much as a child (lola).

3 hours ago, Starman said:

Didnt dicaprio donated something for rasing malawi in miami?

she will prob go to exchange the favor

He donated a week in his Palm Springs home. 

I snapped this pic of Leo in Miami back in Dec at the Malawi fundraiser. He showed his support and she should surely show up and support his cause. 

20161203_010229_mix01.jpg

13 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes !  Two beautiful, talented and intelligent women.  Would be lovely to see a photo of both of them together. 

Tried to look on Google images what would come up with a Madonna / Marion search - at present the closest but without Madonna in it is pictures from 2008 when apparently Marion and her beau Guillaume Canet went to see M's S&S tour in Paris:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/28992698.html

Marion Cotillard picture post

Marion and boyfriend Guillaume Canet at Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour (Paris, Sept 20th 2008)
mq-009.jpg

mq-007.jpg

mq-005.jpg

2 hours ago, pjcowley said:

Tried to look on Google images what would come up with a Madonna / Marion search - at present the closest but without Madonna in it is pictures from 2008 when apparently Marion and her beau Guillaume Canet went to see M's S&S tour in Paris:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/28992698.html

Marion Cotillard picture post

Marion and boyfriend Guillaume Canet at Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour (Paris, Sept 20th 2008)
mq-009.jpg

mq-007.jpg

mq-005.jpg

The amount of talented famous women who like Madonna is fantastic. Marion is another :thumbsup: