MadonnaNation.com Forums
loowee

Alleged Madonna letter surfaces. Auction lot drama

surannée    0
Just now, Kim said:

You didn't.

There's a certain portion of this fan base who want to see Madonna as some needy, pathetic, bitchy, embarrassing mess, perhaps to make her more 'relatable' or diva-esque (in the Pathétique sense).

I THINK NOT.

Look, I have no agenda at all. I'm just a very old fan and I do really have the impression I read this "letter" before.  Not last year, not five years ago... maybe at the old Dotmusic forum, maybe in some of those newsgroups about twenty years ago. When I read it it felt immediately familiar to me, that's all. And in the early 90's, anyway, Madonna did really go through a bitchy phase. 

Kim    0
3 minutes ago, surannée said:

Look, I have no agenda at all. I'm just a very old fan and I do really have the impression I read this "letter" before.  Not last year, not five years ago... maybe at the old Dotmusic forum, maybe in some of those newsgroups about twenty years ago. When I read it it felt immediately familiar to me, that's all. And in the early 90's, anyway, Madonna did really go through a bitchy phase. 

Most of us are older fans. I can rhyme off everything I've heard Madge say about Whitney, Mariah etc. If this letter was ever made public before, we'd all know about it.

I can certainly imagine Madonna bitching and ripping those idiots apart. I cannot imagine her adding in nonsense about Whitney having the music career Madonna wishes she had (lMadonna who upto that point had 10 times the career Whitters could even dream of) or a piece of shit actress like Stone being what Madonna would never be (what? playing pig sluts in erotic potboilers?) while whinging about how supremely talented she herself is yet still childless and friendless and whaaa whaaa. It reads like an Inquirer story come to life. The only thing missing is Madonna saying she fears she'll die young like Marilyn. Nothing "new" in it, nothing litigious, just old stories retold. Funny that.

surannée    0
1 minute ago, Kim said:

Most of us are older fans. I can rhyme off everything I've heard Madge say about Whitney, Mariah etc. If this letter was ever made public before, we'd all know about it.

I can certainly imagine Madonna bitching and ripping those idiots apart. I cannot imagine her adding in nonsense about Whitney having the music career Madonna wishes she had (lMadonna who upto that point had 10 times the career Whitters could even dream of) or a piece of shit actress like Stone being what Madonna would never be (what? playing pig sluts in erotic potboilers?) while whinging about how supremely talented she herself is yet still childless and friendless and whaaa whaaa. It reads like an Inquirer story come to life. The only thing missing is Madonna saying she fears she'll die young like Marilyn. Nothing "new" in it, nothing litigious, just old stories retold. Funny that.

I see.

Stephen    0

Just had to shut down an obvious attempt to start a M bashing session on facebook from this one local place

I spoke only truth and facts and it's been deleted. :queenbitch: 

tenor.gif

Ugh, great! They are bashing M on all the "urban" websites I go too. So annoying. I'm defending her on these sites but these people are like wolves. They won't let up.

I guess things were too positive right now for M so some controversy had to be created.

Kurt420    0
20 minutes ago, Kim said:

Exactly! It's not so much what she's saying in the letter but HOW she's saying it.......totally un-Madonna in the wording and phrasing. I received the Icon magazines with her hand written "letter" in it every quarter year or so for YEARS, so I feel like I can spot her handwriting pretty good and something is OFF about that handwriting in the letter. The whole thing is just fishy.....either it's a fake or she was in a deeper depression than we realized at that time.....OR maybe she was just having a really really bad day! lol......maybe "too much endo" again?? lol

Kurt420    0

Well fuck the haters........even if it IS real, Whitney did say she'd drown her kids if they turned out like Madonna LONG before that letter was (allegedly) written so......Madonna wasn't the only bitch in this situation. :pinkwink:

Barbie    0
3 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Well fuck the haters........even if it IS real, Whitney did say she'd drown her kids if they turned out like Madonna LONG before that letter was (allegedly) written so......Madonna wasn't the only bitch in this situation. :pinkwink:

Fortunately for Whit, Bobbi was able to drown herself

ELK0vcG.gif

And those pop sites and Gaga tripe forums too are also bashing her to no end. 

This woman cannot win. There was even a thread saying Madonna sees herself as a white savior saying she could have left David and Mercy in Malwai because she's ripping them from their country and heritage. How stupid are some people?!

Dr Lecter    0

Seriously guys ? After theory years you are shocked she is being bashed ? 

Its what she's about, people love to knock her down. It everyone knows her and what she does and it will always be that way.

god imagine Stan Twitter in 92/93

Barbie    0

I don't recall anyone batting an eye when those tapes leaked of MJ trashing Madonna. This selective outrage is a mess :rotfl:

Kurt420    0

Madonna could cure someones cancer with the touch of her hand.....but if even the slightest thumb print was left on the skin, she'd STILL be an evil, raging bitch that intended to hurt.....that's the way it rolls with Madonna. People do always find a way to undermine EVERYTHING she does.

White Heat    0

I completely agree with what @Kim said.

I think that the letter is real, I get her point, not trashing them but saying like: why they and not me? Why they don't appreciate what I do? What they don't get my point with the Erotica era?

I understand her frustration, yeah it was maybe rude calling Whitney/ Sharon out but it's because they were the it girls from that moment because of the Bodyguard and Basic Instincts (which M was supposed to do), anyway it's bad to put this letter out 24 years later, oh well, hopefully they will forget it in a few weeks.

Isn't she friends with Sharon now? I remember that photo with them on Cannes in 2008?

slam3000    0
1 hour ago, Kim said:

I can certainly imagine Madonna bitching and ripping those idiots apart. I cannot imagine her adding in nonsense about Whitney having the music career Madonna wishes she had (lMadonna who upto that point had 10 times the career Whitters could even dream of) or a piece of shit actress like Stone being what Madonna would never be (what? playing pig sluts in erotic potboilers?) while whinging about how supremely talented she herself is yet still childless and friendless and whaaa whaaa..

That's not what the letter is saying, though. Madonna (if it is indeed her) writes that she's frustrated with the media saying that Houston and Stone have the music and film careers that she doesn't have, because she doesn't see herself as being anything like them.

Starman    0

Its incredibly rare to see an human side of M, its obviously a very personal letter from  almost 30 years ago.

It basic tells that you can have everything in the world but nothing is enough for her ambition and that Love is what matters even for the famous person in the world

Kim    0
26 minutes ago, slam3000 said:

That's not what the letter is saying, though. Madonna (if it is indeed her) writes that she's frustrated with the media saying that Houston and Stone have the music and film careers that she doesn't have, because she doesn't see herself as being anything like them.

In which universe was Sharon Stone held up a paragon of virtue to humiliate Madonna as the great actress she'll never be, or local star Whitters warbling crap soundtrack ballads held up as the pop star Madonna wishes she was? Makes no sense either way,

surannée    0
8 minutes ago, Kim said:

In which universe was Sharon Stone held up a paragon of virtue to humiliate Madonna as the great actress she'll never be, or local star Whitters warbling crap soundtrack ballads held up as the pop star Madonna wishes she was? Makes no sense either way,

It may not make much sense now but In terms of commercial success, at the time both Sharon Stone and Whitney Houston were at the top of the world because of "Fatal Attraction" and "The Bodyguard" soundtrack, respectively. That's what it comes down to. Commercial success. 

Besides, it's a private "letter". It was never meant to be public. If she really wrote it, and I think she did, she was just venting out.

Kim    0
13 hours ago, surannée said:

It may not make much sense now but In terms of commercial success, at the time both Sharon Stone and Whitney Houston were at the top of the world because of "Fatal Attraction" and "The Bodyguard" soundtrack, respectively. That's what it comes down to. Commercial success. 

Besides, it's a private "letter". 

Well I prefer to think of Madonna not being quite so pathetic, and her public face not being a complete sham, so I'll stick to my view that this fake letter is fake. And Sharon flashed her vag in Basic Instinct, not (the highly superior) Fatal Attraction.

surannée    0
Just now, Kim said:

Well I prefer to think of Madonna not being quite so pathetic, and her public face not being a complete sham, so I'll stick to my view that this fake letter is fake. And Sharon flashed her vag in Basic Instinct.

We are all pathetic sometimes, we all have our dark thoughts and days. And she was in a bad moment in her life because of the Erotica / Sex / Body Of Evidence (hello, Sharon) backlash. She was hurt. Again, if she wrote that letter - it was never meant to be read by the public. As for the general public, they will always look for something to bash her. It's just a storm in a teacup. 

slam3000    0
27 minutes ago, Kim said:

I distinctly remember reading articles where the writer would unfavourably compare Madonna to Sharon Stone. Body of Evidence was disparagingly dubbed 'Basic Instinct 2' even before its release.

With the Bodyguard, Whitney's star was widely perceived to be in the ascendant, whereas Madonna was weathering a huge backlash, so it  does actually make a lot of sense.

Kim    0
1 hour ago, surannée said:

We are all pathetic sometimes, we all have our dark thoughts and days. And she was in a bad moment in her life because of the Erotica / Sex / Body Of Evidence (hello, Sharon) backlash. She was hurt. Again, if she wrote that letter - it was never meant to be read by the public. As for the general public, they will always look for something to bash her. It's just a storm in a teacup. 

I couldn't care less about the general public.

All that fake letter (that somehow made its way into a scam artists hands) does is play into the exact rhetoric that surrounds that time now that it's been retconed. Pathetic jealous Madonna whose only thought or care is about commercial success is pathologically jealous of Sharon Stone and Whitney Houston (LOL) so much so that she puts it in writing to her latest fuck toy.

I could sit down right now and compose an email from Madonna written during her adoption of David.  A little bitchy mention of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt here, a little mention of reverse racism there, lines and lines of "poor me poor me poor me". Maybe a mention of Guy being un-supportive too. So easy, and it must be true because that was the media narrative at the time.

52 minutes ago, slam3000 said:

I distinctly remember reading articles where the writer would unfavourably compare Madonna to Sharon Stone.

With the Bodyguard, Whitney's star was widely perceived to be in the ascendant, whereas Madonna was weathering a huge backlash, so it  does actually make a lot of sense.

Nonsense. And as one of the biggest Madge bashers on the board, your opinion remains irrelevant.

Edit - and going back and editing new bits into your posts to give them more credence after the fact is, to say the least, bad forum etiquette.