MadonnaNation.com Forums
loowee

Alleged Madonna letter surfaces. Auction lot drama

The fact that they did this just a day after the opening of her hospital :gross:

But honestly I don't care because even in the Tupac letter some people were blaming M somehow. She can't win either way.

And Madonna should sue their asses, and if it's a false letter even better.

It's no secret that Madonna and Whitney had a frosty rivalry thing in the 90s (add Mariah to that mix), and Madonna's nose was also put out of joint when Sharon was the blonde femme fatale of the '91-'92 era, basically capitalising on Madonna's BAT look and taking it one step further. 

The letter, if genuine, is not a big deal and she's not really being awful to either of them. What is disgusting is that this is a deeply personal letter written at a time when she was probably at the lowest of lows both personally and professionally, and some disgusting piece of shit human being is trying to make a quick buck out of it. 

God the thick people out there "Madonna shouldn't slate the dead who aren't here to defend themselves "

of course no no one has written or said anything bad about anyone 

storm in a teacup . Which means will explode for no reason 

This is just so grubby and the timing is suspicious re she is getting praised for opening a children's hospital in Malawi. 

Either it is fake letter which is a disgusting practice. Or it is a real letter that she wrote privately to someone when unhappy and down and was never supposed to be seen by others, yet alone the general public.  The invasion of privacy is equally disgusting.  

25 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

It's no secret that Madonna and Whitney had a frosty rivalry thing in the 90s (add Mariah to that mix), and Madonna's nose was also put out of joint when Sharon was the blonde femme fatale of the '91-'92 era, basically capitalising on Madonna's BAT look and taking it one step further. 

The letter, if genuine, is not a big deal and she's not really being awful to either of them. What is disgusting is that this is a deeply personal letter written at a time when she was probably at the lowest of lows in her personal and professional career, and some disgusting piece of shit human being is trying to make a quick buck out of it. 

Yes those things were common knowledge which is why this letter reads like someone taking all the (known) events from that time, amplifying them to ridiculous levels and putting them into this whining, childish letter. There's a difference between Madonna making a fun jibe about "that damn Bodyguard soundtrack" and saying that Houston has the career she wished she had, or that Sharon Stone of all people is the actress she'll never be (underlined for emphasis of course) It just doesn't sound like Madonna at all, no matter where she was in her private life. It also looks like someone copying her handwriting. Her " f " 's are very distinctive and start off correct before changing towards the end (to give one example)

And then it about "I'd rather die"

isnt that from the Interview she mentioned Mariah ?

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Yes those things were common knowledge which is why this letter reads like someone taking all the (known) events from that time, amplifying them to ridiculous levels and putting them into this whining, childish letter. There's a difference between Madonna making a fun jibe about "that damn Bodyguard soundtrack" and saying that Houston has the career she wished she had, or that Sharon Stone of all people is the actress she'll never be (underlined for emphasis of course) It just doesn't sound like Madonna at all, no matter where she was in her private life. It also looks like someone copying her handwriting. Her " f " 's are very distinctive and start off correct before changing towards the end (to give one example)

True.  It does not sound like Madonna plus another thing is she has praised Elvis Presley on numerous occasions in interviews. She has always been a fan of his.  

1 hour ago, Barbie said:

Oh honey, twitter is ripping her to shreds right now. I can't even look anymore. I don't have the energy. Some are acting like she said these comments last week. Sigh. 

Stan twitter is the worst. They are seriously retarded and twisted desperate to make her look like a monster and diminish her at any opportunity. They're acting like this fake letter was written by Madonna this week. This fake letter is from before most of stan twitter was even born!

7 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

And then it about "I'd rather die"

isnt that from the Interview she mentioned Mariah ?

true.

27 minutes ago, Kim said:

Agree with all of this, completely. 

+

""Everything I do is so original and unique"" is such a MJ/Gaga type of bullshit, totally un-Madonna. I can't picture her writing things like that. 

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

The letter, if genuine, is not a big deal and she's not really being awful to either of them. What is disgusting is that this is a deeply personal letter written at a time when she was probably at the lowest of lows in her personal and professional career, and some disgusting piece of shit human being is trying to make a quick buck out of it. 

that's what im saying. why is no one going after that guy who leaked it or pretends it's M's letter?

Just now, Hector said:

Stan twitter is the worst. They are seriously retarded and twisted desperate to make her look like a monster and diminish her. They're acting like this fake letter was written by Madonna this week. This fake letter is from before most of stan twitter was even born!

THIS!

I've only seen this spoken about in a negative light by people who are either too ignorant or too young to understand the history here. 

Some idiot has obviosly written this fake letter based around the rivalry between M & a few others that was mostly played up by the media at the time (as they do). Not only does the letter sound like it's based on a few comments M made in interviews, the writing doesn't look like hers in places, the wording doesn't sound like her..... Also... Almost every letter written by M that I've seen over the years has extra little bits written at the end or at the side of he page (often in tiny incomprehensible writing).

@Nikki About the man selling stuff. Did you mean Chris Paciello?

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

that's what im saying. why is no one going after that guy who leaked it or pretends it's M's letter?

It comes from Darlene Lutz who as mentioned earlier tried to SCAM Madonna out of money she owed her and is now trying to scam some idiot who thinks this is real.

It's Madonna's lawyers who should be going after her, but they'll either be too late or Madonna won't know/be told about it (unless she reads it in an IG comment from a fan) 

Fake letter, fake news. SAD!

SO IS IT FAKE

Can't imagine M writing it! 

Fake or not, the intentions behind it leaking today are crystal clear: undermine M's achievements in Malawi. Keep the media focused on bashing her. It sucks. 

I'm not sure, but I have the impression I had read that alleged letter before, a long time ago. Anyway, I don't really disagree with what she "wrote". 

10 minutes ago, surannée said:

I'm not sure, but I have the impression I had read that alleged letter before, a long time ago. Anyway, I don't really disagree with what she "wrote". 

I actually don't either. though she isn't diplomatic but she also indirectly "exposed" herself as a real artist who doesnt play by any rules.. which we know but some people still think shes manufactured.but it depends on how you read it I guess. even though it's crude and arrogant at some places you can tell an intelligent person wrote it. it's more about what doesnt sound like her at all, especially the "i am unique" stuff. it feels like someone wrote it pretending to be her. it's weird to write a letter like that anyway. it sounds really unnatural and like what a hater would invent. it has the cliches

She totally wrote that letter :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I actually don't either. though she isn't diplomatic but she also indirectly "exposed" herself as a real artist who doesnt play by any rules.. but it depends on how you read it I guess. it's more about how it doesnt sound like her at all, especially the "i am unique" stuff. it feels like someone wrote it pretending to be her. it's weird to write a letter like that anyway. it sounds really unnatural and like what a hater would invent. it has the cliches

I see your point. Of course I wish it were a fake letter but, somehow, I think she did it. In the early nineties she was impossible! :grins:

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Oh yes, I remember this. I think "defend" is a generous though. I think W and M had a healthy professional rivalry - she obviously didn't have a personal thing against her like Janet and Mariah did. But it shouldn't come as a shock that M thought the music people like Whitney and Mariah were making was mediocre and boring. It doesn't mean she didn't like her.

20 minutes ago, surannée said:

I'm not sure, but I have the impression I had read that alleged letter before, a long time ago. 

You didn't.

There's a certain portion of this fan base who want to see Madonna as some needy, pathetic, bitchy, embarrassing mess, perhaps to make her more 'relatable' or diva-esque (in the Pathétique sense).

I THINK NOT.

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

You didn't.

There's a certain portion of this fan base who want to see Madonna as some needy, pathetic, bitchy, embarrassing mess, perhaps to make her more 'relatable' or diva-esque (in the Pathétique sense).

I THINK NOT.

where's the evidence that it's fake?

Madonna on Whitney in 2012: “One thing I was struck by with Whitney Houston is I remember she sort of came out as a singer around the same time I did. I remember looking at her singing and hearing people talk about her, and just thinking, ‘Oh my God. She’s such a beautiful woman and my God, what an incredible voice. I wish I could sing like that.’ I just remember being extremely envious of her and also touched by her innocence.”

It's the same sentiment in the letter.