MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
henree

Flying the tour around the World?

I wanted to know if anyone knows the logistics about putting a tour together. Does she fly the whole set and pieces from city to city? Or does she hire local contracters to put the tour together.

Are the sets and hydraulics built new for every city? I can't imagine those massive screens being flown on regular planes. This is something I have always been curious about.

I think the stage parts are moved by trucks and ships, not sure if airplanes would be financially a good choice..... and I think they always have two stages moving around, so they get there on time

For smaller tours aka Rebel Heart or Reinvention and even Drowned World I guess they only used trucks, especially for the US/Canada dates where they only need to move from state to state. A similar case might happen when she visits Europe. When I was in Miami in January 2016, I saw all the red trucks parking outside the American Airlines Arena, I was in awe.

During S&S I remember hearing there were 3 stages. Actually, Madonna apologized for having to reschedule the first show (of 4) in Buenos Aires because there were technical conflicts in relation to the airplanes coming from Mexico. The rescheduled show was eventually filmed on December 7-8 for the DVD.

4 hours ago, mafalda said:

For smaller tours aka Rebel Heart or Reinvention and even Drowned World I guess they only used trucks, especially for the US/Canada dates where they only need to move from state to state. A similar case might happen when she visits Europe. When I was in Miami in January 2016, I saw all the red trucks parking outside the American Airlines Arena, I was in awe.

During S&S I remember hearing there were 3 stages. Actually, Madonna apologized for having to reschedule the first show (of 4) in Buenos Aires because there were technical conflicts in relation to the airplanes coming from Mexico. The rescheduled show was eventually filmed on December 7-8 for the DVD.

Wasn't it something regarding customs? I kind of remember that. 

8 hours ago, mafalda said:

Actually the suspended show from December the 3rd was rescheduled to December the 5th(first time in years that she performed on a Friday).

http://www.infobae.com/2008/12/04/418862-madonna-lloro-tener-que-suspender-el-primer-recital-buenos-aires/

Cargo planes can take huge stuff, even parts of other planes

and her screens are usually a lot of small parts