MadonnaNation.com Forums

20 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

I know...but R&R is basically what was left of it. I don't get why that was released in the end but not the actual remix album. Makes absolutely no sense to be honest...

Interesting! I have no idea who she is but bless ha!

She was Madonna's former manager. She was found dead in her apartment one day.

54 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

She was Madonna's former manager. She was found dead in her apartment one day.

Omg WHAT? That's terrible I literally didn't know about that...wow!

Guy Oseary is truly ruthless. Lock him UP!

Wow I'm loving this thread !!! Keep it going guys !  I believe The beat goes on was going to be a single - not sure why it was switched to give it to me which is good but the beat goes on is better 

20 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Omg WHAT? That's terrible I literally didn't know about that...wow!

Guy Oseary is truly ruthless. Lock him UP!

she actually committed suicide RIP and a year or two later her sister made a horrible comment saying it was due to M.

1 minute ago, MrK1ngB33 said:

Wow I'm loving this thread !!! Keep it going guys !  I believe The beat goes on was going to be a single - not sure why it was switched to give it to me which is good but the beat goes on is better 

Wonder if it was going to be the 4th single then the flop of Miles Away killed it off?

41 minutes ago, cjc said:

Wonder if it was going to be the 4th single then the flop of Miles Away killed it off?

i remember before Miles Away was released shortly after Give It 2 Me Mtribe had said during rehearsals she wasnt sure if she was gonna film a video for Heartbeat or Beat Goes On. personally i hate beat goes on but either one of those songs could've been another top 10 as a second single riding off the success of 4 Minutes in the US

42 minutes ago, cjc said:

I think Warner wanted it as second single but M preferred Give It 2 Me. They still promoted it on the sticker because of the Kanye feature. 

There were rumors about BGO being chosen as 3rd single for the US market, while Miles Away was chosen to be the next single in Europe. Not sure how much about that is true, though.

I personally think, that GI2M was not a good second single and the video was incredibly boring and lazy considering that it was one of her favorite tracks on the record.

53 minutes ago, Showdown said:

she actually committed suicide RIP and a year or two later her sister made a horrible comment saying it was due to M.

Oh wow that's terrible :/

Oh yeah of course her sister would pull something like that. UGH

3 minutes ago, Showdown said:

i remember before Miles Away was released shortly after Give It 2 Me Mtribe had said during rehearsals she wasnt sure if she was gonna film a video for Heartbeat or Beat Goes On. personally i hate beat goes on but either one of those songs could've been another top 10 as a second single riding off the success of 4 Minutes in the US

Beat Goes On, Heartbeat, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You and She's Not Me had quite a lot of potential in my opinion. 

Just now, S.E.X. said:

I personally think, that GI2M was not a good second single and the video was incredibly boring and lazy considering that it was one of her favorite tracks on the record.

to be clear it was Carese's sister not M's. but of course im sure it was hard on her sister and when you're grieving you'll grasp at straws. it was very sad because she worked SO hard for M and rumor has it she was fired for having an affair with someone else in her staff. you can see her briefly in IGTTYAS. then during Confessions Angela Becker and Guy became her managers. then allegedly Angela was fired after she was dating Stuart. SO many rumors tbh!

6 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

I know...but R&R is basically what was left of it. I don't get why that was released in the end but not the actual remix album. Makes absolutely no sense to be honest...

Interesting! I have no idea who she is but bless ha!

Her manager at the time 

On 7/13/2017 at 7:51 AM, S.E.X. said:

I think Warner wanted it as second single but M preferred Give It 2 Me. They still promoted it on the sticker because of the Kanye feature. 

There were rumors about BGO being chosen as 3rd single for the US market, while Miles Away was chosen to be the next single in Europe. Not sure how much about that is true, though.

True about the video. During the 00's there did seem to be less effort into many videos.Compared to the 19990s when 5th singles such as Rain and Nothing Really Matters are still watchable the following decade saw less imagination following the 1st single.

2 hours ago, cjc said:

True about the video. During the 00's there did seem to be less effort into many videos.Compared to the 19990s when 5th singles such as Rain and Nothing Really Matters are still watchable the following decade saw less imagination following the 1st single.

Not only watchable, but masterpieces for their time and to this day. Rain is absolutely beautiful cinematographic work of art and NRM was so experimental with the use of the circular flash cameras, a pre-cursor to the technology that was used to make the Matrix. I get the SJW's of today would totally attack the geisha look, but they really need to get over themselves and focus on the real enemies of our society,  or a woman that brings joy to millions and advocates on behalf of many marginalized groups. 

1 minute ago, Sanctuary said:

Not only watchable, but masterpieces for their time and to this day. Rain is absolutely beautiful cinematographic work of art and NRM was so experimental with the use of the circular flash cameras, a pre-cursor to the technology that was used to make the Matrix. I get the SJW's of today would totally attack the geisha look, but they really need to get over themselves and focus on the real enemies of our society,  or a woman that brings joy to millions and advocates on behalf of many marginalized groups. 

Then we get Hollywood, Love Profusion, Get Together, Celebration. But at least they were better than the videos for Nothing Fails, Miles Away and Revolver.

8 minutes ago, cjc said:

Then we get Hollywood, Love Profusion, Get Together, Celebration. But at least they were better than the videos for Nothing Fails, Miles Away and Revolver.

What's wrong with the Hollywood video?? It was the first time in quite a while that we had Madonna wearing multiple looks in a video, great video to an ok song imo

1 minute ago, Gus said:

What's wrong with the Hollywood video?? It was the first time in quite a while that we had Madonna wearing multiple looks in a video, great video to an ok song imo

Is an ok video but compared to other 2nd videos from albums (Material Girl, Papa Don't Preach, Express Yourself, Ray of Light, Deeper and Deeper, Take A Bow, Don't Tell Me) is lacking.

16 minutes ago, cjc said:

Was there an official video for Nothing Fails and Revolver????? I've never seen them. Links??

5 minutes ago, Gus said:

I liked Hollywood even though she got sued for it. :jerkoff:

Love Profussion looked like a cosmetic ad, because it was. LOL  

Get Together, though lazy, has kind of grown on me.

Not gonna lie, I kind of love the Celebration video. 

Just now, Sanctuary said:

Same here, also love GI2M!

2 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

Was there an official video for Nothing Fails and Revolver????? I've never seen them. Links??

I liked Hollywood even though she got sued for it. :jerkoff:

Love Profussion looked like a cosmetic ad, because it was. LOL  

Get Together, though lazy, has kind of grown on me.

Exactly. No videos made for Nothing Fails and Revolver.

6 minutes ago, cjc said:

Exactly. No videos made for Nothing Fails and Revolver.

Ohhhhhhhhh. I get it. I missed the joke. LOL. Sorry. Miles Away is a sad, sad, sad attempt at a music video. 

8 minutes ago, Gus said:

Same here, also love GI2M!

I have mixed feelings on GI2M, but then again, I have mixed feelings on the singles chosen off of HC, and subbsequarly all the videos off of HC. Lobe the album, don't really care for the singles & videos. 

2 hours ago, Gus said:

This. It's one of my favorites.

2 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

I have mixed feelings on GI2M, but then again, I have mixed feelings on the singles chosen off of HC, and subbsequarly all the videos off of HC. Lobe the album, don't really care for the singles & videos. 

I find a certain 'early-Madonna' quality in the GI2M&Celebration videos that i love but i totally understand why other fans might not appreciate them...

1 hour ago, Gus said:

I find a certain 'early-Madonna' quality in the GI2M&Celebration videos

Totally! GI2M reminds me so much of Lucky Star (which may be intentional since she's wearing a belt with a star shaped buckle). Celebration  is one of her laziest videos ever though. :thumbsdown:

I remember a strong rumor that Gang Bang was considered to be a single for MDNA and she wanted Quentin Tarantino to direct the video, he turned it down because he only does movies and refuses commercials and videos,

if the single went ahead they should have just released the live performance as a video as that's exactly what I have in mind for it

slightly off topic but do you think Cant You See My Mind was sent off to remixers before Die Another Day was recorded? or was it just denied as a single before any video plans or remixes were made?

2 hours ago, Showdown said:

slightly off topic but do you think Cant You See My Mind was sent off to remixers before Die Another Day was recorded? or was it just denied as a single before any video plans or remixes were made?

I don't think it ever got past demo stage. Nothing's ever leaked (except a clip which was never proven as genuine) so not sure why you'd think it ever got sent off for remixes?

However, with Erotica, I was always confused about the remixes as they contained parts of the demo version that didn't make the final version. It was only after the leaks of the original demos years later that I found out what they were.

On 7/12/2017 at 10:37 AM, cjc said:

As much as I like Your Honesty surely a leftover from American Life would have fitted better.

You would have gotten another remix instead of an unreleased track. It was something for the fans.

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I don't think it ever got past demo stage. Nothing's ever leaked (except a clip which was never proven as genuine) so not sure why you'd think it ever got sent off for remixes?

However, with Erotica, I was always confused about the remixes as they contained parts of the demo version that didn't make the final version. It was only after the leaks of the original demos years later that I found out what they were.

I've never heard it never passed the demo stage. I'm sure too that the strings were done for it and everything.

Just after the release of Bad Girl in 1993. I remember reading how her next single was going to be a duet with Barbara Streisand, a cover of 'Anything You Can Do I Can Better'. At the time I assumed it was a change of direction following the backlash at the time. Never heard much about it again.