MadonnaNation.com Forums

3 hours ago, Showdown said:

yup. the guy who remixed Fever Edits 1 & 2 did those. the original Dallas Austin instrumental for Survival leaked and it's pretty much TLC's song Creep lol

Daniel Abraham. He also did a remix of bye bye baby which is unreleased and I assume is the version that is used in the girlie show. I love it but it's never leaked! 

4 hours ago, Showdown said:

yup. the guy who remixed Fever Edits 1 & 2 did those. the original Dallas Austin instrumental for Survival leaked and it's pretty much TLC's song Creep lol

Yes I've heard survival got reworked due to this but not DONT STOP ? I'll have to look for that one !

Edited by MrK1ngB33

4 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Daniel Abraham. He also did a remix of bye bye baby which is unreleased and I assume is the version that is used in the girlie show. I love it but it's never leaked! 

I'd love this!

7 hours ago, jonski43 said:

actually, the one he did was used for the VMAs, not the Girlie Show. Girlie Show was the album version pretty much. in the Girlie Talk interview she mentions how she was thinking about the video for it but wasnt sure because the only video Mtv played off of Erotica was Rain.

MTV europe played fever and bad girl a lot. And rain, that's true.... I know, cause i love bad girl and fever, cause of the hair, a lot. Didnt care for rain that much then, I was 14 and had no taste

14 minutes ago, Showdown said:

actually, the one he did was used for the VMAs, not the Girlie Show. Girlie Show was the album version pretty much. in the Girlie Talk interview she mentions how she was thinking about the video for it but wasnt sure because the only video Mtv played off of Erotica was Rain.

What was the diverend between those verslons? The spoken lipsinged part? I would not know...

15 minutes ago, rooch4u said:

What was the diverend between those verslons? The spoken lipsinged part? I would not know...

you can try finding the VMA performance on youtube...too lazy myself to search but the VMA version was gonna be the radio/single version and was more slower, definitely more 90s r&b rather than new jack swing not to be confused with the hip hop mixes on the single. 

3 hours ago, Showdown said:

you can try finding the VMA performance on youtube...too lazy myself to search but the VMA version was gonna be the radio/single version and was more slower, definitely more 90s r&b rather than new jack swing not to be confused with the hip hop mixes on the single. 

OH WOW! That version is fantastic! I never knew she did a remix on the VMAs. I find this performance to be one of her most obscure. No one ever mentions it or talks about. I wonder why.

Personally, I think Words would have been a better single than BBB but that's just me.

8 hours ago, Showdown said:

I never noticed that! Cool!

8 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

OH WOW! That version is fantastic! I never knew she did a remix on the VMAs. I find this performance to be one of her most obscure. No one ever mentions it or talks about. I wonder why.

Personally, I think Words would have been a better single than BBB but that's just me.

I was so disappointed the mix wasn't on the cd or 12". Love the extra sax. There is a US promo cd single that has an unreleased 'single mix' on it but I'm not sure if it's genuine. Never heard of anyone hearing it either but it must exist!

Could someone tell me what does she say on "Bye bye baby" MTV Awards? "This lovely ladies are willing to..."???

thanks in advance

11 minutes ago, scamper said:

Could someone tell me what does she say on "Bye bye baby" MTV Awards? "This lovely ladies are willing to..."???

thanks in advance

..."willing to lick the alphabet for you this evening...with their tongues"

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

I was so disappointed the mix wasn't on the cd or 12". Love the extra sax. There is a US promo cd single that has an unreleased 'single mix' on it but I'm not sure if it's genuine. Never heard of anyone hearing it either but it must exist!

I've found a radio version but it just sounded like the album version so i didnt bother to finish it. bye bye baby is such an odd release 

1 hour ago, scamper said:

Thank you Gus! :)

And by the way, what does it mean???

You're welcome!

Screenshot_2017-07-29-10-58-06-1.png

:lol:

2 hours ago, Gus said:

..."willing to lick the alphabet for you this evening...with their tongues"

I always find it annoying she says 'with their tongues'. You can't lick with much else!

On 23/07/2017 at 10:40 AM, Runaway Lover said:

Oh, please! Whatever but this. The most boring track of the otherwise beautiful record. :angel:

Don't Stop Yawning even! Sometimes I just wonder why she chooses some bad choices for singles, let along with horrible covers!! 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:15 AM, Sanctuary said:

Yup. I thought the same thing about Love Spent and I'm Addicted. 

Wow. So many Chicago peeps. 🤗

I agree Chicago reps Madonna hard!!!!!! we need to start a Madge Meet ups!!!!! and have KIKI on Madonna music!!

On 23.7.2017 at 11:40 AM, Runaway Lover said:

Oh, please! Whatever but this. The most boring track of the otherwise beautiful record. :angel:

Thank you! :lmao: These trolls are stanning all her worst songs...I literally fucking can't.

I really think Survival and Forbidden Love were the only somewhat okay single choices left. The latter was scheduled as fifth but was cancelled.

I always thought BBB was a bizarre single choice, even just as a promo single. There were so many better track on Erotica to pick from (TOH, Words, Waiting) but they were ignored on the Girlie Show so it makes sense they weren't used.

SOooo I was able to find a link that had supposed singles for each album..not sure at what point they would have been released.

Madonna - I Know it

LAV-Shoo Be Doo

TB-Jimmy Jimmy

WTG- Can't Stop

LAP-Spanish Eyes

IB-Cry Baby

Erotica-Waiting

BS-I'd rather be your lover

Evita-Rainbow HIgh

ROL-To have and Not to hold

Music-I deserve it

AL-X-tatic Process

COADF-How HIgh

HC-Incredible

MDMA-B-day Song

RH-Joan of Arc....

BTW I KID I KID LOL

On 10/07/2017 at 0:46 PM, S.E.X. said:

Yeah but only one by Tracy Young and she has a lot of private mixes in her collection. I think another possibility was that all these mixes were supposed to appear on Remixed and Revisited but were later dropped. Still, Mother and Father was the one that had promo releases making the rounds.

Yeah and it's quite apparent they were saving it till the end of the era, possibly to serve as the b-side to Where's the Party. (Note: White Heat and Jimmy Jimmy have already been used, yet LMTWG never appeared as b-side on any release)

Wow....just when you thought the single choices couldn't get any worse...

This song is quite honestly my least favorite Madonna song of all time. Not even B-Day Song is as dreadful as this song. Tragic.

and the list of official mixes is no even complete as a couple more out there as well as the stems

7 minutes ago, muscleguy35 said:

and the list of official mixes is no even complete as a couple more out there as well as the stems

Which one are you referring to?

Love Don't Live Here Anymore was supposed to be released in the UK in August 1996. HMV used to have booklets of upcoming releases and I remember it was included. One More Chance was released in March which was the same time as LDLHA. I reckon it was nixed due to the performance in the US but it would have probably been a hit here, even OMC got to number 11. Another reason might be to build momentum with Evita, with You Must Love Me being release two months later in October.

I remember the original plan for the second Greatest Hits compilation was to be in 1999, to coincide with the cancelled 1999 tour. Originally The Video Collection 92:99 (it became 93:99 after Erotica was removed and TPOGB was added) was to be a dual disc (CD/DVD) with only 14 tracks, so this would have had space for 2 new songs at least and would have most likely been singles.