MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

MADONNA REWIND: Prince Tribute 2016

A different song selection could have been better IMHO. 

Yeah she should have gone for the dance song route

Nothing Compares 2 U is Sinead and Sinead only. 

She looked fantastic and love the whole atmosphere. Her voice was too whiny and felt like she was too focused to sound good. It was very emotional, loved it. 

It was too slow and instrumentation was naff as fuck.. Vocally it was like Open Your Heart with Macklemoose. :thumbsdown:

I wish she did a fast number too ("Controversy" would have been stellar), BUT I guess she was way too devastated to even dance. She didn't want to celebrate his death, clearly. 

Brave emotional tribute.

I do kind of understand the backlash from the public as vocally it was the wrong song to of chosen.

That part where she sings " It's been so lonely without you here ":cries:

5 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

The moment:

IMG_8952.GIF

:drama:

I never really cared for the "Purple Rain" segment, but I love the "Nothing Compares 2 U" part.

Maybe it's not perfect vocally, but there's something about her voice which totally gets me. Full of emotion, devastation and sadness. Everything comes from her heart and it shows in her vocals imo. When she starts the line "I know that living with me baby was sometimes hard", it's indeed a bit hard to listen to, but I love it overall. 

Agree about the arrangment though. Those casio keyboard drum sounds are awful.

I liked it, couldn't understand the hate?

I don't hate it. I just don't love it. I was a bit disappointed especially as this was part of the amazeballs RH era. 

Am I the only one who thinks she sounds good? NC2u is a really difficult song to sing. And I think she did a hell of a job. Especially considering the occasion, the emotion and the adrenaline. Of course people would give her shit. Madonna can never win. I'm glad she went up there and paid homage to her peer/friend/collaborator. People would be all over... say... THE WEEKND who was fumbling the lyrics to FUCKING PURPLE RAIN.

My favorite artist doing a tribute to my other favorite artist.

She gave a respectful, heartfelt and emotional performance.

I have nothing negative to say about this, I was heartbroken (and still am) and I totally shared her tears.

But hey, if there isn't some drama, it wouldn't be Madonna.

3 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

The moment:

IMG_8952.GIF

Worship the Queen 👑

Forgettable.  Was really hoping for Madonna to bring it hard.  But it was her way of paying homage to someone she personally knew so who am I to judge.

I thought it was honest, emotional and beautiful.  Was well received and praised at the time but once all the Madonna haters who thought she had no right to be there, spewed on her all over Twitter etc,  she was then criticised for everything.    It obviously meant a great deal to her, she showed him such respect and the backlash she received before the event for being chosen to perform plus also the disgusting comments well after the event was shameful in my opinion.   Even suggesting she did not know Prince etc.  The pure emotion she showed plus the shaking and tears in her eyes was real and true.  She looked beautiful too.  

4 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

The moment:

IMG_8952.GIF

You can clearly see how emotional she was from the get go.   She adored Prince so much. 

It was a very emotional moment for me, that's all I can say...and actually I still get teary eyed when I listen
2 his music...I can't judge this properly.