MadonnaNation.com Forums

I'd agree that Britney is pretty much over at this point. She's never been a particularly interesting pop star, couple that with two lackluster albums back to back and the fact she's pushing 40 and you have the perfect recipe for irrelevance.

She's a late 90's, 2000's nostalgia act. 

9 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

The old Britney can't come back. Why? Because she's dead.

Funny because the same is true about Taylor and her year last year when people were crying "she's over!", "kim killed her", etc after the whole snake/Kanye thing and showmance Tom debacle. Then Taylor snatches us all bald breaking records with her new song.

The good thing is that she could stand up and try to be happy.  unlike other artists she really could enjoy life.  She's useless as an artist but as a person she made it. 

On 2017/9/11 at 7:13 AM, Flip The Switch said:

!!!!  This is the guy who screamed "Leave Britney alone" 10 years ago?!  What happened to him lol

17 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I'd agree that Britney is pretty much over at this point. She's never been a particularly interesting pop star, couple that with two lackluster albums back to back and the fact she's pushing 40 and you have the perfect recipe for irrelevance.

She's a late 90's, 2000's nostalgia act. 

Yes, she is over, but her career had already been very long given the little talent she has. The good news is that I do not think it bothers her that it's over. I even think it must make her happy to finally be in control of her life.

21 hours ago, mimimong said:

Funny because the same is true about Taylor and her year last year when people were crying "she's over!", "kim killed her", etc after the whole snake/Kanye thing and showmance Tom debacle. Then Taylor snatches us all bald breaking records with her new song.

Not this scalp.

r6fqtfsh5794011df2d42647368997.gif

Why is that picture of Britney called Neyde?  What is a Neyde?  Sincere question. 

25 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Why is that picture of Britney called Neyde?  What is a Neyde?  Sincere question. 

I wanna know it too :lmao:

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

It's a brazilian meme. It's a mean joke but her fans here took it on a good way and has an affection for it. Let me try to explain this haha
Neide is a brazilian name and at the late 90's/early 00's there was a very popular sitcom here and one of the characters was a lower class housekeeper named Neide.

So when this picture was published, people started to make jokes at how 'common, ordinary' she looked like due her bad make up/hair/dress. So a humour website called her "Neyde" to make her look more "ordinary", more like "us" but also, pejoratively, calling her a lower class person (cause she looked like a poor girl with no sense of style who dressed up for a night out).

But the Neyde name became very popular here after memes with her face were posted on a Facebook page called "Plante uma Neyde". It's a brazilian portuguese play on words. It has a double meaning that you can also read as "Plant a seedling". In portuguese, "seedling" means "muda". "Muda" is also the word for speech-impaired person. And you know, Britney is famous for lip syncing,  so..... 

tumblr_mzihr0zKtL1s1w9teo1_1389905244_cover.jpg

11 hours ago, danorbit said:

It's a brazilian meme. It's a mean joke but her fans here took it on a good way and has an affection for it. Let me try to explain this haha
Neide is a brazilian name and at the late 90's/early 00's there was a very popular sitcom here and one of the characters was a lower class housekeeper named Neide.

So when this picture was published, people started to make jokes at how 'common, ordinary' she looked like due her bad make up/hair/dress. So a humour website called her "Neyde" to make her look more "ordinary", more like "us" but also, pejoratively, calling her a lower class person (cause she looked like a poor girl with no sense of style who dressed up for a night out).

But the Neyde name became very popular here after memes with her face were posted on a Facebook page called "Plante uma Neyde". It's a brazilian portuguese play on words. It has a double meaning that you can also read as "Plant a seedling". In portuguese, "seedling" means "muda". "Muda" is also the word for speech-impaired person. And you know, Britney is famous for lip syncing,  so..... 

tumblr_mzihr0zKtL1s1w9teo1_1389905244_cover.jpg

Im brazilian and never new how conplex that was. i always thought it was more of the BrtNEY and NEIDE similarity

17 minutes ago, mimimong said:

tumblr_n15jzlqp5K1s5g0dqo1_400.jpg

omg :lmao:

7 minutes ago, Hector said:

lol what :lol:

On 10/9/2017 at 1:32 AM, karbatal said:

:lmao:

The girl of the thousand opportunities and here she is,  mimicking in Vegas 

What a waste

Kylie wishes she could land a Vegas residency.