Germany legalizes same-sex marriage

Watch Germany then Australia and even some conservative leaning countries legalize it then just watch the f'king US overturn it and/or enact severe 'religious laws' aka allowing discrimination. Calling it now. Between healthcare and everything Trump and Gaga US is a holy train wreck now. lol  

just now?...you mean, with as much pervert shyt going on in clubs etc, they haven't ruled same sex marriage as of yet?

Das shitten!

37 minutes ago, Inlakesh said:

just now?...you mean, with as much pervert shyt going on in clubs etc, they haven't ruled same sex marriage as of yet?

Das shitten!

We already have the Lebenspartnerschaft with almost all benefits you get from being married. But one big difference is you're not allowed to adopt children. I don't know if this changes wgen we get the same sex marriage.

41 minutes ago, Inlakesh said:

Das shitten!

:dead:Yeah, I know, right?

There is some kind of "registered partnership" or "civil union" in Germany, but it's not the same as getting married, for example with regard to adoption laws.
Also "Ehe für alle" (="marriage for all") sounds much better and respectful than the aforementioned terms. Fingers crossed!

My boyfriend of 16 years already proposed to me today, albeit in a weird way... :lmao:

9 minutes ago, Lolo said:

We already have the Lebenspartnerschaft with almost all benefits you get from being married. But one big difference is you're not allowed to adopt children. I don't know if this changes wgen we get the same sex marriage.

It has to and it will! Only a matter of time IMHO.
Sooner or later love conquers all, even the fucked up conservative forces á la Trump, Putin et al.

:inlove:

47 minutes ago, alquemist said:

:dead:Yeah, I know, right?

There is some kind of "registered partnership" or "civil union" in Germany, but it's not the same as getting married, for example with regard to adoption laws.
Also "Ehe für alle" (="marriage for all") sounds much better and respectful than the aforementioned terms. Fingers crossed!

My boyfriend of 16 years already proposed to me today, albeit in a weird way... :lmao:

Did you say yes ?    If so, congratulations !  

Congratulations Germany 🇩🇪 🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Inlakesh said:

Das shitten!

I remember a very interesting night at the KitKat Club in Berlin sometime ago 😈

2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Watch Germany then Australia and even some conservative leaning countries legalize it then just watch the f'king US overturn it and/or enact severe 'religious laws' aka allowing discrimination. Calling it now. Between healthcare and everything Trump and Gaga US is a holy train wreck now. lol  

Yep.

Just wait for the big 'Religious Liberty' bills they're going to push through soon enough. A lot of people are in for a wake up call...

Well the voting hasn't happened yet, so we should wait a little before we celebrate. ;) Although the chances are high that it will pass.

It's a shame that Germany (Merkel) waited so long. They should have done that in 2001 already.

1 hour ago, DagIN said:

Well the voting hasn't happened yet, so we should wait a little before we celebrate. ;) Although the chances are high that it will pass.

It's a shame that Germany (Merkel) waited so long. They should have done that in 2001 already.

Yes, its shocking Germany waited so long. Its a liberal country and practically all western Europe has it now.

8 hours ago, Pedro said:

Congratulations Germany 🇩🇪 🏳️‍🌈

I remember a very interesting night at the KitKat Club in Berlin sometime ago 😈

Oh, @Pedro Why do you leave me wanting more? 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Did you say yes ?    If so, congratulations !  

YES, he's the one!

But I would have to agree with @DagIN because German politicians haven't really passed the law. As we all know, Merkel is more known for her steadiness and waiting things out than her willingness for change and passion (don't you all miss Obama??).

Still, yesterday, my bf sent he these emojis via iMessage to me:

2men.pngring.pnglove.png

"We're not even blond, honey", I answered.

"Can i take that as a yes?", he wrote.

kiss.png I texted back.

So he kinda proposed to me and I kinda said yes! :lmao:

No, seriously. I feel like the luckiest boy in the world. :inlove:

Now, move your asses, politicians of Germany!

o-LIVING-FOR-LOVE-facebook.jpg

Only when the EU has a joint policy about same sex will I consider the battle to be won in Europe.  It's a shame and against human rights that a citizen in one member country is married in one but in others has ZERO rights.  

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Only when the EU has a joint policy about same sex will I consider the battle to be won in Europe.  It's a shame and against human rights that a citizen in one member country is married in one but in others has ZERO rights.  

OMG, that ist so true. 😔

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Absolutely agree darling! It should be done on EU level. That's important so that social changes are made in Eastern Europe.

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Absolutely agree darling! It should be done on EU level. That's important so that social changes are made in Eastern Europe.

Indeed! 

Just figure, if anything happened to Jari or me during my holidays in Bulgaria... he wouldn't be considered family! And that being a EU member. It's absurd and it shows homophobia in  Brussels too, because I doubt that any other right as fundamental as legalizing your marrige changes in the EU depending on the country. 

4 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK where same sex marriage is not legal, it's legal everywhere in the UK and Republic of Ireland execpt here, it's so fucked up. I hope Germany votes in favour

Northern Ireland is like your version of Alabama, Mississippi, Texas :/ 

12 hours ago, alquemist said:

YES, he's the one!

But I would have to agree with @DagIN because German politicians haven't really passed the law. As we all know, Merkel is more known for her steadiness and waiting things out than her willingness for change and passion (don't you all miss Obama??).

Still, yesterday, my bf sent he these emojis via iMessage to me:

2men.pngring.pnglove.png

"We're not even blond, honey", I answered.

"Can i take that as a yes?", he wrote.

kiss.png I texted back.

So he kinda proposed to me and I kinda said yes! :lmao:

No, seriously. I feel like the luckiest boy in the world. :inlove:

Now, move your asses, politicians of Germany!

o-LIVING-FOR-LOVE-facebook.jpg

Congratulations @alquemist   What a fantastic fun proposal. :thumbsup:

It is about time. I'm just surprised that this really ends in parliament. I thought it would end at the Bundesverfassungsgericht (basically the supreme court of Germany) and like all other socially progressive decisions in recent years would be ruled there. It's almost funny that Merkel herself opened the door for the vote by telling the MPs of her party to vote by their conscience on this matter and no longer respect the parties agenda. Of course, this was the moment the other ruling party immediately called for a vote. It basically ends the coalition with Merkels party but no one cares about that anymore because holidays are about to start and in September are General Elections anyway. Considering that all other parties in parliament and even a lot of MPs of Merkels party are in favor of the bill, there should be marriage equality in Germany this Friday. No other laws (adoption, tax etc.) will need to be changed because all laws always refer to "marriage". That was basically the most important reason why activists fighting were always so adamant to call it "marriage". For practicality reasons.

5 hours ago, alquemist said:

Thank youuuuu, Pedro.

Friday is the day, parliament will have a vote on this... :headbang:

Vienna_traffic_lig_3520166b.jpg

So very, very likely on Friday gay marriage in Germany AND the pile of shit Republican 'health care' bill (one of Trumps *signature campaign promise besides his stupid wall) gets smacked down indefinitely possibly the same day. Gonna be a very ,very bad day for the toothless redneck bigots in the US having multiple orgasms for months believing the 1850s  were calling again. lmao. 

Germany is one of my favorite countries and hope it passes for people who want to get married. Can't  see SSM being legal anytime soon in most of eastern Europe because of social conservatism. Hopefully, the younger generation will be more open to it as time passes. 

:clap:

BREAKING: German Parliament Approves Same-Sex Marriage In 393-266 Vote, Angela Merkel Votes Against

June 30, 2017 LGBT News, Marriage Equality

Deutsche Welle reports:

The German parliament, or Bundestag, on Friday passed a bill legalizing same-sex marriages in a snap vote that made it onto the agenda before the summer break after a surprise shift by Chancellor Angela Merkel. The bill passed by 393 to 226, with four abstentions. Merkel herself voted against the bill, although it was comments from her that helped bring it about.

Germany’s approval of homosexual marriages adds it to the growing list of Western countries that allow such unions. Fourteen European countries have now made gay marriage legal, with the Netherlands leading the way in 2001.

From the New York Times:

“If the Constitution guarantees one thing, it is that anyone in this country can live as they wish,” said Thomas Oppermann, the parliamentary leader of the opposition Social Democrats, while debating the law. “If gay marriage is decided, then many will receive something, but nobody will have something taken away.”

Arnd Bächler, a counselor and addiction therapist at a gay counseling center in Berlin, praised the legislation. “It’s very positive for the self-esteem of gays and lesbians; it’s very important for people coming out, knowing that they have this equality; and it sends a clear message to any homophobic refugees coming to Germany: We have equality here,” he said, anticipating that the legislation would pass.

Approval of same-sex marriage in Germany could build momentum for similar legislation in other German-speaking countries, like Austria and Switzerland, said Katrin Hugendubel, advocacy director of ILGA-Europe, a gay and transgender rights group. She said the developments in Germany illustrated the difference that opposition parties could make.