MadonnaNation.com Forums
5iVe Elements

Mariah Carey/KFC thread

Since Taylor Swift's case is ending by next week, she will probably release her new song by then.

Despacito will have to settle for 14 weeks #1 (Or at most 15th weeks).

Pariah is saved!

5 hours ago, horn said:

Since Taylor Swift's case is ending by next week, she will probably release her new song by then.

Despacito will have to settle for 14 weeks #1 (Or at most 15th weeks).

Pariah is saved!

I think it's 50/50. If not this week, in all likelihood the week or 2 after (max). Not that she prob gives a shit but some are saying if the case is resolved by the end of the week and she immediately goes ahead and releases a single would look bad PR wise. If we find out like any minute she is releasing Friday then it's all about shifting our energies to root for Rihanna to at least get that 1 week at #1. 

I used to love Pigs In Space.

14 weeks on #1 and week 15 is on lock(based on 3 days sales and streams)

Mariah is starting to shake. If Taylor doesn't drop by Friday night....

The 15th week at No.1 for DESPACITO is almost guaranteed... DJ Khaled & Rihanna are too far behind... and Pink is far far behind... 

Let's see if Taylor will drop a new song in the next days... 

2 hours ago, Jester said:

14 weeks on #1 and week 15 is on lock(based on 3 days sales and streams)

Mariah is starting to shake. If Taylor doesn't drop by Friday night....

Forget about Taylor, Justin is coming! lol At this point since D prob wont get 16 weeks, let Justin and Taylor freaking duke it out so this isn't just handed to Justin effortlessly plus all the drama would be epic between those 2 fanbases lol. Plus D wouldn't get 3-4 more f'king weeks lingering at #2...weeks that would've been #1. Only slim hope for Luis at this point is if they discount the hell out of both versions and if this is just a random one off single w/out a video the same day (way its looking so far) versus lead for a new album. That, or it's a debut at #1 then falls to #2 giving Luis that 16th week. 

1 minute ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Forget about Taylor, Justin is coming! lol At this point since D prob wont get 16 weeks, let Justin and Taylor freaking duke it out so this isn't just handed to Justin effortlessly plus all the drama lol. Plus D wouldn't get 3-4 more f'king weeks lingering at #2...weeks that would've been #1. 

Despacito still has huge lead on yt, I don't see that falling because many latin americans in US view it everyday. On Spotify it seems it is losing ground, Justin needs to have a huge radio deal for a #1 debut, actually it is impossible to have a #1 debut today(only if it sells huge on iTunes). If Justin new song is a hit, it will eventually come to #1, but taking into account all factors, Despacito will tie One Sweet Day, that's my preditction.

7 minutes ago, Jester said:

Despacito still has huge lead on yt, I don't see that falling because many latin americans in US view it everyday. On Spotify it seems it is losing ground, Justin needs to have a huge radio deal for a #1 debut, actually it is impossible to have a #1 debut today(only if it sells huge on iTunes). If Justin new song is a hit, it will eventually come to #1, but taking into account all factors, Despacito will tie One Sweet Day, that's my preditction.

Hope you're right. Sure you're well aware of Justin and would've mentioned him already if you were concerned haha. Its just there's really only 2 singers who are instant surefire mega sales, streaming monsters now- Taylor and Bieber. Adele too but she ain't coming back anytime soon. Another 'possible' advantage (though it prob has minimal impact) is it's coming out at noon on Thurs (not Friday). Meaning if it ends up exploding out of the gate then for some reason peaks early, it loses almost a day of sales. 

Hmm just remembered...didn't Justin get two#1 debuts just within the last 2 years? I agree that 'Friends' I think would need to have See You Again bonkers sales which it had (where it was in constant green the whole week) PLUS the video from that movie dropped the same day I believe. If I remember correctly it had minimal airplay when it exploded so it was all about the sales and streaming. Dunno how much has changed since early 2015 w/ the chart formula though. Like I said if this is just a random single and NOT a lead for a new album would maybe be better for Luis. 

Well the track is a collab with a dj, 2U with David Guetta  didn't made any big impact, I think it has to do with the fact that Despacito is huge, I mean it is easily the most played summer of 2017, so releasing something new doesn't make sense at all. But I believe Justin record label wants to make millions from him, they have him on a song after song releases.

That whole flying Miss Piggy thing is uncanny, bravo!!

2 hours ago, Toni said:

It's like A Weekend at Bernies!

IMG_3608.JPG

IMG_3609.PNG

:lmao::lmao:

My God. So true. Takes two people to hold this deadweight up. 

"Wild Thoughts" keeps at its No. 2 Hot 100 peak for a fifth week while crowning Radio Songs (135.1 million, up 6 percent). Rihanna achieves her record-extending 13th Radio Songs No. 1, upping her lead over Carey (11), dating to the chart's 1990 origin, while Khaled and Tiller each celebrate their first leader on the list. 

13 – Rihanna

11 – Mariah Carey

7 – Usher, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars

6 – Ludacris, Kanye West, Taylor Swift

5 – 50 Cent, Beyoncé, Boyz II Men, Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5

Despacito has won on iTunes(4 days in), lost on radio, won in youtube  and it is a tie on Spotify. Based on the above week 15th is 100% on lock.

"Despacito" (released on Universal Music Latino / Raymond Braun / SchoolBoy / Def Jam / UMLE / Republic Records) becomes one of an elite nine singles to have led the Hot 100 for at least 14 weeks, dating to the chart's Aug. 4, 1958, inception. It logs the longest lead since Mark Ronson's "Uptown Funk!," featuring Bruno Mars, reigned for 14 weeks in 2015. Only Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men's "One Sweet Day" has spent more time on top: 16 weeks in 1995-96.

The Longest-Leading Billboard Hot 100 No. 1s 
Weeks at No. 1, Title, Artist, Date Reached No. 1
16, "One Sweet Day," Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men, Dec. 2, 1995
14 (to date), "Despacito," Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee feat. Justin Bieber, May 27, 2017
14, "Uptown Funk!," Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars, Jan. 17, 2015
14, "I Gotta Feeling," The Black Eyed Peas, July 11, 2009
14, "We Belong Together," Mariah Carey, June 4, 2005
14, "Candle in the Wind 1997"/"Something About the Way You Look Tonight," Elton John, Oct. 11, 1997
14, "Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)," Los Del Rio, Aug. 3, 1996
14, "I'll Make Love to You," Boyz II Men, Aug. 27, 1994
14, "I Will Always Love You," Whitney Houston, Nov. 28, 1992

How come Boyz II Men, the co-writers of that boring song, don't get the same bragging rights as Moo? 

45 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

How come Boyz II Men, the co-writers of that boring song, don't get the same bragging rights as Moo? 

No idea. Maybe because they are not doing much? Last I heard they were touring with NKOTB or something like that. However they also had the (shared) record for longest #1 until "One Sweet Day" broke the record a couple of years afterwards. They were probably the key reason for why "One Sweet Day" stayed on top for so long, they had a massive fanbase back then in the US.

6 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Because it's not something they care too much about, unlike Mariah where it's the very purpose of her existance.