MadonnaNation.com Forums

@Bill  No review yet?  Did you find yourself a cute twink and have escaped for a weekend of.....?  Should we start a "Where's Bill" thread?  Seriously, hope you had fun and get back to us soon!!!

On 9/29/2017 at 9:46 AM, Jester said:

FULL SHOW from the night in Ohio.

I would buy a ticket to this show.

Just curious is most of her audience still girls & women or does she attract a big gay crowd? Really don’t see as much media coverage about her in gay media as compared to Bey, gags, Britney, etc...

Sorry the delay!!  Needless to say, this will be full of spoilers.

Let me just start by saying, if you are thinking about going, wait until last minute to get tickets.  Pit tickets are awesome and their face value is $195.  Philly was not even close to sold out in the pit, it was half empty.  I didn't buy tickets until about 5 hours before the concert and got them for $117 on stub hub.  Wish I'd waited longer.  An hour later, they were below $100 ea and, just for the hell of it, while I was waiting for the show to start, I checked again and they were down to $24!!!!  :rant:  However, it was worth what I paid.

The pit is large area, emcompassing a whole section of the floor to the left of the catwalk.  It goes all the way up to the stage, there is a small stage in the middle of it, and extends all the way down the catwalk.  With this venue being undersold, I was able to roam freely around the pit during the show, to wherever she was.  The rest of the arena looked pretty full, though.  I was thinking they should have pulled people from other sections to fill the pit, but I enjoyed the space.

The show:  A feast for the senses.  The visuals are absolutely spectacular.  The screen is so hi-def it's mind-boggling.  The costumes were spectacular, and the stage props were enormous and impressive.  The intro video and interludes were literally spellbinding to watch on that screen, especially being dead center 1 row back from the stage, which is where I spent 90% of the concert.  The base felt like it was going right through me at times and my eyes must have been as wide as dinner plates watching the screens.

The setlist is basically perfect except for one glaring omission (for me), which was The One That Got Away, my very favorite Katy Perry song.  Most of my favorites from Witness were showcased, which I was happy about. I would never have really considered seeing Katy before Witness, so I'm glad that many of the tracks were performed.  It is the album that made me a real fan.  I'd always enjoyed most of her music, but Witness is definitely my favorite album of 2017.  There were a couple songs that I didn't really know all the words to, but she really only performed her hits except for one song I'd never heard of before.  Favorites:  Roulette, Chained To the Rhythm, Firework.

Katy herself was exactly as expected.  Bubbly, energetic, fun, and sweet.  She brought a little girl up on stage at one point and had her make a wish.  Lots of interacting with the crowd, mostly as a whole rather than singling out individuals.  Speaking of the crowd, I was surprised by the lack of gays.  I mean, there were probably 10 or so in the pit, but it was a lot of girls, most of them late teens and early 20's, I'm guessing.  And a lot of really young girls too, which meant the show had to be pretty tame.  She didn't curse, wasn't overly sexy, played it pretty safe.  

Overall, I'd say it was very entertaining.  The dancers were great, choreography was pretty awesome.  One thing I will say is, it didn't really have a message.  Each set was kind of disjointed in that they didn't really have much to do with the songs being performed; the visuals and props didn't make a whole lot of sense sometimes, despite being pretty to look at.  Just my opinion though.  

She's a good performer. The vocals were spot on most of the time.  I hate to compare everyone to Madonna but I couldn't help but think about the stark difference between the energy and passion Madonna showed during Blond Ambition vs what Katy showed during this show, being the same age as M was back then.    

Final thought:  She's no Madonna.  But then again, no one is.  There was definitely a lot of Madonna's influence, just as I'm sure there is at every pop concert nowadays.  She's just done it all.  

22490231_10214628780982583_5487633943199

22405755_10214628781302591_9667696242205

22449597_10214628781382593_1434258891195

22366252_10214628781782603_9186656611968

My gorgeous date for the night

22310604_10214652918065995_2197871527901

Holy shit are those your photos? You were so close to her.

I'm officially obsessed with the aesthetics of that eye shaped screen and the eyelash-line lighting design, along with the tear drop shaped stage. 

VERY clever production design.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:25 PM, Bill said:

Let me just start by saying, if you are thinking about going, wait until last minute to get tickets.  Pit tickets are awesome and their face value is $195.  Philly was not even close to sold out in the pit, it was half empty.  I didn't buy tickets until about 5 hours before the concert and got them for $117 on stub hub.  Wish I'd waited longer.  An hour later, they were below $100 ea and, just for the hell of it, while I was waiting for the show to start, I checked again and they were down to $24!!!!  :rant:  However, it was worth what I paid.

The pit is large area, emcompassing a whole section of the floor to the left of the catwalk.  It goes all the way up to the stage, there is a small stage in the middle of it, and extends all the way down the catwalk.  With this venue being undersold, I was able to roam freely around the pit during the show, to wherever she was.  The rest of the arena looked pretty full, though.  I was thinking they should have pulled people from other sections to fill the pit, but I enjoyed the space.

The show:  A feast for the senses.  The visuals are absolutely spectacular.  The screen is so hi-def it's mind-boggling.  The costumes were spectacular, and the stage props were enormous and impressive.  The intro video and interludes were literally spellbinding to watch on that screen, especially being dead center 1 row back from the stage, which is where I spent 90% of the concert.  The base felt like it was going right through me at times and my eyes must have been as wide as dinner plates watching the screens.

The setlist is basically perfect except for one glaring omission (for me), which was The One That Got Away, my very favorite Katy Perry song.  Most of my favorites from Witness were showcased, which I was happy about. I would never have really considered seeing Katy before Witness, so I'm glad that many of the tracks were performed.  It is the album that made me a real fan.  I'd always enjoyed most of her music, but Witness is definitely my favorite album of 2017.  There were a couple songs that I didn't really know all the words to, but she really only performed her hits except for one song I'd never heard of before.  Favorites:  Roulette, Chained To the Rhythm, Firework.

Katy herself was exactly as expected.  Bubbly, energetic, fun, and sweet.  She brought a little girl up on stage at one point and had her make a wish.  Lots of interacting with the crowd, mostly as a whole rather than singling out individuals.  Speaking of the crowd, I was surprised by the lack of gays.  I mean, there were probably 10 or so in the pit, but it was a lot of girls, most of them late teens and early 20's, I'm guessing.  And a lot of really young girls too, which meant the show had to be pretty tame.  She didn't curse, wasn't overly sexy, played it pretty safe.  

Overall, I'd say it was very entertaining.  The dancers were great, choreography was pretty awesome.  One thing I will say is, it didn't really have a message.  Each set was kind of disjointed in that they didn't really have much to do with the songs being performed; the visuals and props didn't make a whole lot of sense sometimes, despite being pretty to look at.  Just my opinion though.  

She's a good performer. The vocals were spot on most of the time.  I hate to compare everyone to Madonna but I couldn't help but think about the stark difference between the energy and passion Madonna showed during Blond Ambition vs what Katy showed during this show, being the same age as M was back then.    

Final thought:  She's no Madonna.  But then again, no one is.  There was definitely a lot of Madonna's influence, just as I'm sure there is at every pop concert nowadays.  She's just done it all.  

Didnt imagine id see the day you become some kind of fan for Katy :inlove: 

i actually read all of that bill - it was well written and great...that big eye ball looks so freaky!

did she pander? lol

6 hours ago, tuckeye said:

i actually read all of that bill - it was well written and great...that big eye ball looks so freaky!

did she pander? lol

Thanks!  hahaha no, not much pandering.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:07 PM, Rugbyguy said:

Holy shit are those your photos? You were so close to her.

Yep, they're mine.  I was very, very close.  2nd row from the main stage, center.

13 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Wow the visuals and props are amazing. I kind of want to see the show if only to check them out lol

It's worth it for that alone, if you can get really cheap pit tickets.  Try Stub Hub the day of, wait as long as you can.  

9 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I'm officially obsessed with the aesthetics of that eye shaped screen and the eyelash-line lighting design, along with the tear drop shaped stage. 

VERY clever production design.

It's all pretty damn amazing.

6 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Didnt imagine id see the day you become some kind of fan for Katy :inlove: 

:lol:  Well, I've liked Katy since "Teenage Dream".  But "Witness" is a very special album to me and I just had to experience it live.

@Bill  Do you think a drop zone ticket is worth it? (I'll go to one of the European shows so no CHEAP tickets there yet) or should I do GA along the catwalk?

I did both front row and heart stage for RHT and felt that the main stage was very high and I was looking at M's back a LOT so I preferred the heart stage. Is it the same for Katy's show? 

13 minutes ago, loowee said:

@Bill  Do you think a drop zone ticket is worth it? (I'll go to one of the European shows so no CHEAP tickets there yet) or should I do GA along the catwalk?

I did both front row and heart stage for RHT and felt that the main stage was very high and I was looking at M's back a LOT so I preferred the heart stage. Is it the same for Katy's show? 

I would say she spends less time at the end of the catwalk than Madonna did.  I agree that I felt like I was watching M from behind a lot during RHT when I was close to the stage along the catwalk, but didn't feel that way so much for Katy.  Though I'd agree that probably the best seat in the house would be right at the end of the catwalk as you'd have a direct view of everything.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Thanks!  hahaha no, not much pandering.

Yep, they're mine.  I was very, very close.  2nd row from the main stage, center.

It's worth it for that alone, if you can get really cheap pit tickets.  Try Stub Hub the day of, wait as long as you can.  

It's all pretty damn amazing.

:lol:  Well, I've liked Katy since "Teenage Dream".  But "Witness" is a very special album to me and I just had to experience it live.

It's very special for me too. I was never a Katy fan before but I connected with this album in such a special way. I've had a really tough year and her music has been there for me to get out of my own head and just get lost in all the tracks. It's been awesome to have Witness to listen to whilst Madonna is away from the music scene for a while.

I've gotta get me some tickets 

4 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

It's very special for me too. I was never a Katy fan before but I connected with this album in such a special way. I've had a really tough year and her music has been there for me to get out of my own head and just get lost in all the tracks. It's been awesome to have Witness to listen to whilst Madonna is away from the music scene for a while.

I've gotta get me some tickets 

Totally agree.  Some albums just come out at the right time in your life, and this was one of them.  I haven't really stopped listening to it since it came out.

It amazes me that this album hasn't done well because I consider it her best work yet.  But it's very different from what she's released in the past, which I guess is what people don't like.

Ι want  to see her in Italy and only 30something platinum tickets left and fucking Stubhub has the prices for all European shows to crazy high levels, while the us dates have tickets there for 14$. It is so unfair.:banghead: Other option is cologne or berlin show may 23rd or jun 6 where there are  standing tickets for 90 euros. There is obvious real demand here in Europe and Australia than US I guess.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:56 PM, Bill said:

I would say she spends less time at the end of the catwalk than Madonna did.  I agree that I felt like I was watching M from behind a lot during RHT when I was close to the stage along the catwalk, but didn't feel that way so much for Katy.  Though I'd agree that probably the best seat in the house would be right at the end of the catwalk as you'd have a direct view of everything.

Thanks! Guess I'll go with catwalk near the tip! I love seeing the entire picture of the production!

My little monster cousin told me that she saw Katy at Barclays. Made me laugh that she commented how Katy was cringey between songs because of her dialogue & jokes. She never said anything about caca’s terrible, preachy banter between songs & she must’ve seen the witch about five times.

31 minutes ago, Nick said:

My little monster cousin told me that she saw Katy at Barclays. Made me laugh that she commented how Katy was cringey between songs because of her dialogue & jokes. She never said anything about caca’s terrible, preachy banter between songs & she must’ve seen the witch about five times.

:chuckle:

Piss Moron :rolleyes:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/ellen-degeneres-critiqued-sexist-twitter-post-article-1.3590917

Ellen DeGeneres slammed for sexist Twitter post about Katy Perry

BY  CAITLYN HITT

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Thursday, October 26, 2017, 12:44 PM

Ellen DeGeneres won't be able to dance her way out of this snafu.

The beloved daytime TV host came under fire from Twitter users after posting a photo of herself ogling Katy Perry's breasts in celebration of the "Swish Swish" singer's birthday.

"Happy birthday, @KatyPerry! It's time to bring out the big balloons!" DeGeneres wrote, referencing a lyric from Perry's song "Birthday."

Critics were quick to suggest the light-hearted tweet would have gone over like a lead balloon had a man tweeted it.

Controversial British TV personality Piers Morgan, no stranger to Twitter hot takes, said a male Twitter user would have been slammed as a "'SEXIST PIG!'" for such a post.

Michael Rapaport shared similar thoughts, tweeting that "the World would stop" if a man, especially a prominent one, posted the same birthday wish for Perry.

Non-celebrities also got in on the Twitter bashing, comparing DeGeneres to Harvey Weinstein and scolding her for "objectifying" Perry.

"Ellen DeGeneres sexually harasses Katy Perry. Wonder how she interviews female employees? Hollywood - #Weinstein," one user wrote.

Another Twitter page called the acceptance of DeGeneres' message a "double standard."

DeGeneres hasn't deleted the message nor has she responded to critiques of her birthday wish.

On 10/16/2017 at 9:25 PM, Bill said:

I really want to see this show - it looks great.

I missed it in NY as I was in Melbourne - my partner went and he loved it.

I'll try to catch her when she comes to Australia

Anyone here from Perth want to go with me?