MadonnaNation.com Forums

Skin    0
2 hours ago, Hector said:

SJW getting more deranged 

That's funny.  The first time I heard about snatching wigs was from twinky gays online.

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I'm not even that much of a Katy fan...but after seeing the Prismatic World Tour DVD...girl knows how to put on a show. Compared to all the pop girls and their latest tours (Rihanna (who is lazy as fuck on stage), Miley, Gaga, Taylor (don't even get me started on those last two), etc.)... the only one to put on a truly professional quality tour was Katy (and maybe Miley). She clearly has studied the Madonna playbook the right way when it comes to how to execute a pop tour. Does she have the greatest stage presence? Not necessarily. Is she a great "vocalist"? No. But I don't think that's even at the top of the list of why people enjoy her. Overall, she just sort of 'is what she is' without pretense, and carries the overall pop package well enough. In today's landscape, that's oddly refreshing.

Don't even know why I care, but out of all the current pop bitches, she is the last one that deserves any of this petty bullshit that's been thrust upon her lately. Clearly others FAR more deserving of that. Truly.

This. This. Amen. Katy has stage presence for me and it's just a different presence and charm that is not like Madonna's. Katy goes more kooky, bubbly,cute, and humorous. Madonna goes for sexy, dominant, and wise. Apples and oranges. If i only want a Madonna-type of stage presence from every pop star, I will never get to enjoy anybody's music at all. Each one brings something different to the table and if what they bring is genuine and shines, then I accept them.

todsmod    0

@5iVe Elements  Right on!!  Everyone's taste is different and sometimes that taste my change.  It's like sometimes you want fruit, but later you want vegetables.  We are all diverse humans.  I know there are things I adore, yet friends hate (music, movies, food....etc.).  Acceptance and understanding (when and should be applied) is all that's needed.

Jester    0

62,000,000  yt views already, 100,000,000 Spotify streams, #15 on WW iTunes.

IsaacHarris    0
2 hours ago, Skin said:

That's funny.  The first time I heard about snatching wigs was from twinky gays online.

Who took the term directly from Black Gay folks, which is fine. Slang is meant to be borrowed!

I think these "journalists" need to drop this cultural appropriation argument & focus on the real issue, like why is Katy STILL catering her image to pre-teen girls?

mnino    0
5 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I'm not even that much of a Katy fan...but after seeing the Prismatic World Tour DVD...girl knows how to put on a show. Compared to all the pop girls and their latest tours (Rihanna (who is lazy as fuck on stage), Miley, Gaga, Taylor (don't even get me started on those last two), etc.)... the only one to put on a truly professional quality tour was Katy (and maybe Miley). She clearly has studied the Madonna playbook the right way when it comes to how to execute a pop tour. Does she have the greatest stage presence? Not necessarily. Is she a great "vocalist"? No. But I don't think that's even at the top of the list of why people enjoy her. Overall, she just sort of 'is what she is' without pretense, and carries the overall pop package well enough. In today's landscape, that's oddly refreshing.

Don't even know why I care, but out of all the current pop bitches, she is the last one that deserves any of this petty bullshit that's been thrust upon her lately. Clearly others FAR more deserving of that. Truly.

I went to that tour and I really liked it. In fact, Katy and Pink had the most enjoyable shows out of all other pop women I've watched excluding M, of course. Pink has Madonna's stamina but not the dance moves which she doesn't need anyway. Katy was just comfortable being a mediocre but fun performer. She didn't try much dancing which was wise. Neither of these women is an icon. But they both put on entertaining shows.

Iconic? Well, the list goes like this: Madonna, Tina, Diana, Aretha, Celine, Donna, Whitney, Cher, Janis, Judy, Dolly and, I hate saying this, despite the fact that she's totally overrated, Beyonce is iconic. Britney? Pink? Rihanna? Kesha? Taylor? Miley? Gaga? Christina? Shakira? Katy? Nah!

10 hours ago, loowee said:

Literally ALL the pop girls post mid-00s have zero stage presence (Gaga, Katy, Rihanna, Taylor Swift) You don't even need to compare them to Madonna. Even girls from the early 00s like Bey, Britney and Xtina in their prime put these new girls to shame.

Absolutely.

karbatal    0
14 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

God I hate all of that bullshit whining about cultural appropriation.

worst thing of all is that no culture is offended at that. I mean, if Madonna performs as Marika with a bailadora dress, we in Spain are THRILLED

If Madonna performs as geisha in Frozen, I am sure that Japan is THRILLED

I am sure that Mexico is thrilled that Frida was present in the RHT 

It is only the stupid people from the UNITED STATES, the country that has BORROWED from all cultures to create a greate culture of their own, who is offended. Nobody from Africa would be offended that some white person thinks a hairdo is beautiful and decides to have the same dreadlocks (if it comes from Africa, which I don't know why black people think that is only black, to be fair. Or does it come from Jamaica?). Well, Jamaican people either. 

Anybody who thinks that something as cultural appropiation exists, is STUPID AND RETARDED. Period. 

Another very different thing is if, for example, Zara goes and copies beautiful painitings from a tribe and profits withough aknowledging their art. Then that would be immoral and horrible. 

vocalism    0
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

worst thing of all is that no culture is offended at that. I mean, if Madonna performs as Marika with a bailadora dress, we in Spain are THRILLED

It is only the stupid people from the UNITED STATES, the country that has BORROWED from all cultures to create a greate culture of their own, who is offended. Nobody from Africa would be offended that some white person thinks a hairdo is beautiful and decides to have the same dreadlocks (if it comes from Africa, which I don't know why black people think that is only black, to be fair. Or does it come from Jamaica?). Well, Jamaican people either. 

Anybody who thinks that something as cultural appropiation exists, is STUPID AND RETARDED. Period. 

Another very different thing is if, for example, Zara goes and copies beautiful painitings from a tribe and profits withough aknowledging their art. Then that would be immoral and horrible. 

+1.

I think it becomes problematic if you're mocking a culture or doing it to denigrate, that's a different story. But there's a big difference between a white person using the "N" word and wearing dreads or twerking. I mean, it's fashion and pop culture. ALL culture borrows from other cultures, whether they know it or not. You can't commodify "street culture" and glamorize it in music, movies, and videos and then cry foul when vapid white girls start copying it. You're SELLING your "culture"! And people are buying it. Anyway, that's just my white gay guy POV, which is worth nothing.

14 hours ago, Skin said:

Yeah, I always thought it was from drag queens, who probably got it from black women because gays adore strong, fierce women. 

And I always used "Becky" as a term for an annoying white girl in a gay bar, but it obviously goes further than that. I just read this ridiculous (and ridiculously serious article) about the different types of "Beckies," and it just made me wonder if there are any white women who AREN'T Beckies in the author's eyes?

Pedro    0
45 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well that, and the Mexican Sandunga inspired dancers dresses, Madonna's Mexican/Spanish dress, the skulls and the embroidery theme of the backdrop, and yes it was thrilling and everyone loved it. In top of that add wearing the Frida tshirt and  the unapologetic bitch of that night and it was 💯

tuckeye    0
13 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Who took the term directly from Black Gay folks, which is fine. Slang is meant to be borrowed!

I think these "journalists" need to drop this cultural appropriation argument & focus on the real issue, like why is Katy STILL catering her image to pre-teen girls?

this!

Gus    0
22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Well that, and the Mexican Sandunga inspired dancers dresses, Madonna's Mexican/Spanish dress, the skulls and the embroidery theme of the backdrop, and yes it was thrilling and everyone loved it. In top of that add wearing the Frida tshirt and  the unapologetic bitch of that night and it was 💯

:inlove:

IsaacHarris    0
2 hours ago, karbatal said:

tenor.gif

IsaacHarris    0

Like I've said before, it's interesting to see that the only  time some of yall discuss race on this forum is to police what Black people should & should not be offended by. 

But back to Katherine; when is she dyeing her hair black again? The blonde pixie cut is old news now.

Pedro    0
20 minutes ago, Gus said:

:inlove:

Salma :inlove:

Nick    0
1 hour ago, vocalism said:

+1.

I think it becomes problematic if you're mocking a culture or doing it to denigrate, that's a different story. But there's a big difference between a white person using the "N" word and wearing dreads or twerking. I mean, it's fashion and pop culture. ALL culture borrows from other cultures, whether they know it or not. You can't commodify "street culture" and glamorize it in music, movies, and videos and then cry foul when vapid white girls start copying it. You're SELLING your "culture"! And people are buying it. Anyway, that's just my white gay guy POV, which is worth nothing.

Yeah, I always thought it was from drag queens, who probably got it from black women because gays adore strong, fierce women. 

So much of the obvious gay lingo used by black women & even some white girls today in pop culture was borrowed or appropriated from GAY minority culture which was  black & brown drag queens, voguers from the inner city, etc. I can attest to it becsuse I use to hang with a crazy group of black & latino tough fags in my very early twenties. I went to a couple of the crazy balls back in the day to witness the kids doing beyonce before beyonce thought of creating the charscter. Lol 

karbatal    0
19 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

Like I've said before, it's interesting to see that the only  time some of yall discuss race on this forum is to police what Black people should & should not be offended by. 

But back to Katherine; when is she dyeing her hair black again? The blonde pixie cut is old news now.

I referred to OTHER groups too,  including MY OWN CULTURE. 

karbatal    0

Oh and we would comment more about racism and races. Giving our own situations when we have been discriminated too for being foreign or different.  The problem is that we are told to shut up because we are not black.  

vocalism    0
56 minutes ago, Nick said:

So much of the obvious gay lingo used by black women & even some white girls today in pop culture was borrowed or appropriated from GAY minority culture which was  black & brown drag queens, voguers from the inner city, etc. I can attest to it becsuse I use to hang with a crazy group of black & latino tough fags in my very early twenties. I went to a couple of the crazy balls back in the day to witness the kids doing beyonce before beyonce thought of creating the charscter. Lol 

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, IsaacHarris said:

you are so passive agressive sometimes :chuckle: 

IsaacHarris    0
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I referred to OTHER groups too,  including MY OWN CULTURE. 

But you didn't refer to THOSE cultures (or your OWN) as stupid.

You did state that Spanish/ Japanese/ Mexican people were somehow more intelligent than us "RETARDED" Americans that can't seem to appreciate when our culture becomes a costume for shits & giggles.

Appropriation exists & Black people have the right to express their dislike for it just as you have the right to be "THRILLED" by it.

IsaacHarris    0
53 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

you are so passive agressive sometimes :chuckle: 

:rotfl: Only on this particular subject! I don't wanna really go there & get my ass suspended.