MadonnaNation.com Forums

Mmmmm    0

How are these record companies making money?!!!!! 

Internet is really destroying everything 

VogueMusic    0
2 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

How are these record companies making money?!!!!! 

Internet is really destroying everything 

They're not anymore.

The money is in "selling experiences" - which is mainly touring, if you're even lucky enough to establish yourself as a viable touring act (and even that market fluctuates every few years). Other than that, endorsements, products, personal "branding"...  if you're lucky to even get that right.

I don't think it's just the internet though. I think the industry sort of dug its own grave.

JWAD    0
31 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

They're not anymore.

The money is in "selling experiences" - which is mainly touring, if you're even lucky enough to establish yourself as a viable touring act (and even that market fluctuates every few years). Other than that, endorsements, products, personal "branding"...  if you're lucky to even get that right.

I don't think it's just the internet though. I think the industry sort of dug its own grave.

Their own corporate greed of selling everything digitally has been their downfall. Then came streaming which has now killed downloading. I don't get how they make any money off streaming at all.

Mmmmm    0
39 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

They're not anymore.

6 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Their own corporate greed of selling everything digitally has been their downfall. Then came streaming which has now killed downloading. I don't get how they make any money off streaming at all.

Yeah I just don't get how they get money from streaming and also most of these young artists hardly do world tours. 

Pedro    0
1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

They're not anymore.

Absolutely! they totally abused the consumer for the longest time and in the worst way, and it all turned over  :sneaky: Karma! 

I don't know if albums are done, I'm not selling millions but I'm surprised at my first months sales without any promo. 

I think one issue is that Music has become more of an advertising expense, instead of remaining an art form. 

I think if artists take charge and remember the goal,  things will even out again. 

The interactions I've had with labels/a&R were peculiar. It almost felt like they were trying to find what they could control instead of how they could support me as an artist. The vibe was just off.

Rugbyguy    0
On 24 June 2017 at 1:46 AM, Maddylvr said:

Swish Swish video coming soon. She teased it on her snapchat.

Fuck Fuck Fuck Yeah!!!

Icykiller    0
11 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

The interactions I've had with labels/a&R were peculiar. It almost felt like they were trying to find what they could control instead of how they could support me as an artist. The vibe was just off.

Thanks for sharing this, I think it is super intrresting how their mentality is  ore about minimizing possible damages and losses than maximizing expected profits. It does tell a lot about the status of the music industry and their priorities, which makes sense if, as already noted, music is but a marketing expense. Touring, merchandising, and making the artist a brand no matter what (i.e. pretending Taylor likes guys, Gaga is creative and cares for fans, atc.) is where the dough is, more likely. So I wonder if Katy's change of gears is affecting her already manufactured sugary/empowering persona? Also, who's behind it, her or the whole creative team? Let's see if a single or two make it as a top 10.

karbatal    0

They still don't get that a physical copy should be treated with care,  as a deluxe version of the digital copy.  An example: I bought the first two albums from Bruno Mars and there was NOTHING in the booklet.  So this third one was directly streamed.  

Madonna tried a bit more with RH,  but I miss the lyrics,  the musicians,  even some info about the songs... 

The most absurd thing ever is to buy a physical album and read the line "for credits go to Madonna.com"  Hello?????

Or to release a physical cd single with a horrible cover and only one lame remix. Hello????????  

Marketing 101: offer attractive things so consumers feel they miss something if the don't buy.  Ergo: package things properly and include exclusive content there. 

TRVC    0

Artists make money from streaming. Not sure how or how much. But they definitely do. Look it up. 

Rock    0
9 hours ago, karbatal said:

The most absurd thing ever is to buy a physical album and read the line "for credits go to Madonna.com"  Hello?????

:lmao:

jonski43    0
3 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

On the set of Swish Swish video I think:

Her performance yesterday at Glastonbury was in the same outfit so wondering if this hints to the video

JWAD    0

She gave a great performance at Glastonbury. 👏

VogueMusic    0
3 hours ago, TRVC said:

Artists make money from streaming. Not sure how or how much. But they definitely do. Look it up. 

I believe they make next to nothing from streaming. That's why a number of artists have been sort of protesting against the streaming setup.

It "pays pennies" compared to what the real value of the music is worth (and what is needed to pay all those involved in the making of it), supposedly.

Bill    0
On 6/23/2017 at 2:57 PM, Crux said:

Fantastic news.

I cannot understand all the negativity. It's a brilliant album, I can't get enough of it.

Same! I am just dumbfounded.  It's an amazing album!!

Martin B.    0

Considering the excessive number of songs with a Caribbean sounds over the last two years, I think it is possible to say that there will be no revival of that sound before at least 15 years when the present wave will be over.

That being said, this song is bad but will be a hit.

brem    0

Is it me or does the music resemble "Break My Stride"

mnino    0
On 6/25/2017 at 6:15 AM, karbatal said:

They still don't get that a physical copy should be treated with care,  as a deluxe version of the digital copy.  An example: I bought the first two albums from Bruno Mars and there was NOTHING in the booklet.  So this third one was directly streamed.  

Madonna tried a bit more with RH,  but I miss the lyrics,  the musicians,  even some info about the songs... 

Or to release a physical cd single with a horrible cover and only one lame remix. Hello????????  

Marketing 101: offer attractive things so consumers feel they miss something if the don't buy.  Ergo: package things properly and include exclusive content there. 

So true. What happened to M's marketing team? Does she even have one? She could hire a me. I have degree in Marketing/Business. :brenspin:

headonfire    0
9 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Can't stand Calvin Harris. She looks good though.