MadonnaNation.com Forums

jonski43    0

Calvin Harris really is the stock, Aitken and Waterman of this decade. 8 numbers ones. SMH but great he helped Katy get one over on the Slob.

tuckeye    0

Good job staying relevant katy!

karbatal    0

If hair has anything to do with her career,  I'm afraid that was not much of a career.  

About Feel, being a Calvin Harris song,  is it considered a Katy number one?  I'm so glad she's having success at least with that song!  I don't want Katy to wane soon. 

tuckeye    0

so she pushed back the opening of her show. rescheduling the 6 first shows. 

jonski43    0
1 hour ago, tuckeye said:

so she pushed back the opening of her show. rescheduling the 6 first shows. 

Ticket sales are supposedly really bad

Mozo1    0
9 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Ticket sales are supposedly really bad

They are pretty sluggish, to say the least. 

jjmor95    0

I'm quite surprised the shows are selling poorly. Crazy how much can change in a 3-year period.

jonski43    0

Especially when you see the garbage gaga is putting out yet she is selling ok but Katy whose singles have all been superior and is far more interesting isn't doing so great. 

Mozo1    0

Hopefully VMAs and the SS video (which I cannot believe is coming this late, but thrilled it is) will give the tour a boost. 

Jester    0

They announed opening acts  and it officially starts  sept. 19. It makes sense they want to do some  promo to sell the tickets.

karbatal    0
16 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Especially when you see the garbage gaga is putting out yet she is selling ok but Katy whose singles have all been superior and is far more interesting isn't doing so great. 

Even though she's the worst,  she has a loyal fanbase.  For Katy or Rihanna it was just great songs enjoyed by general public but there's not a real fanbase.  Much like people now going to a Luis Fonsi concert to dance to Despacito and moving on in autumn. 

Kim    0

Oh purleaze. Katy and especially Rihanna who on her stadium tour played to these crowds ....

rhi.jpg

DO have inbuilt fanbases. Katy is shedding some of her 12 yr old girl fans, and that's a good thing. It's a transition.

karbatal    0
34 minutes ago, Kim said:

Oh purleaze. Katy and especially Rihanna who on her stadium tour played to these crowds ....

rhi.jpg

DO have inbuilt fanbases. Katy is shedding some of her 12 yr old girl fans, and that's a good thing. It's a transition.

I'm not sure.  Unlike other artists I don't see a real fanbase.  You know,  that fanbase cheering every move,  with some loons creating some animosity with other fanbases,  others helping disseminate videos with lots of posts here and there?????  

Not a single time a Rihanna fan or a Katy fan has got here to defend her girl :lmao:

Well you know what I mean.  

karbatal    0

And about the crowd.  Yes, their tours are /were big but so many families.  Much like Spice Girls crowd.  We all know what happened by the third album.  Girls had moved on.  

Kim    0
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I'm not sure.  Unlike other artists I don't see a real fanbase.  You know,  that fanbase cheering every move,  with some loons creating some animosity with other fanbases,  others helping disseminate videos with lots of posts here and there?????  

Not a single time a Rihanna fan or a Katy fan has got here to defend her girl :lmao:

Well you know what I mean.  

Rihanna stans vs. Beyonce stans were quite a sight to behold on twitter while they were both touring last year :boxing:

Katy and RiRi seem to be more tolerated by Madge stans but I'm not surprised they don't really come here where it's basically just a load of old gays obsessing over shady gaga :bad:

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

And about the crowd.  Yes, their tours are /were big but so many families.  Much like Spice Girls crowd.  We all know what happened by the third album.  Girls had moved on.  

Queen Ri has been around for over 10 years now. She ain't going anywhere. I'm not sure what will happen with Katy but I don't think it's as bad as some are making out.

karbatal    0

Don't get me wrong,  I don't follow much Katy or Rihanna but I'm glad they're out there because their singles have been tremendous and incredible and have given me hours of joy. It's just an impression that may explain the demise of both artists (more Katy)  as soon as they departed from their previous sound. And why Gaga being a useless turd still is (kinda)  saving face. 

Or that mega useless creature called Beyonce with shit singles for the last decade still selling tickets. 

spotlight    0

Since she's so behind on her tour rehearsals and needs to cancel/reschedule shows, is she still going to be hosting the vmas? 

Mozo1    0
1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

No video for Swish Swish is killing all hope for the era. It's taking so fucking long. 

Tommorrow's allegedly the day. Will see. She has to do it sometime this week before Sunday, I'd think. 

Agree with Kim. Katy has a real fanbase. And this is just a transition getting rid of those who don't like changing sounds. Besides, Katy's fans aren't much into Twitter wars.

jonski43    0
4 hours ago, spotlight said:

Since she's so behind on her tour rehearsals and needs to cancel/reschedule shows, is she still going to be hosting the vmas? 

Given the blinds says they've done a deal that she'll win a lot to try and push the album I expect so.

Nick    0
8 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

No video for Swish Swish is killing all hope for the era. It's taking so fucking long. 

Seems like song lyric video is receiving a fair number of hits though.

Song might be a too offbeat for many people who are accustomed to her older pop hits. Not really sure. 

spotlight    0

The singles were great (i still love and listen to them). I really enjoyed the album when it came out. I admire her for taking a chance with this release but i think the era is pretty much over. 

Its a shame cause this era was the first time I actually enjoyed/payed attention to KatyP.