MadonnaNation.com Forums

8 hours ago, Johnny Angel said:

Diamond? meaning 10 million each? RIAA? just the US or global?

23 minutes ago, Inlakesh said:

Diamond? meaning 10 million each? RIAA? just the US or global?

US, but the certifications also include streaming.

25 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

US, but the certifications also include streaming.

Then what a load of bollocks! I love Katy but this streaming count is just bullshit! 

1 hour ago, Mmmmm said:

Then what a load of bollocks! I love Katy but this streaming count is just bullshit! 

Billboard has always been bollocks, but at least much of it was math based in the past. Now it's just magical thinking. It doesn't matter anymore. 

People only need look at Moo Moo's 18 #1s nobody remembers for proof. 

Swish Swish video coming soon. She teased it on her snapchat.

43 minutes ago, Maddylvr said:

Yay bish!

1 hour ago, Maddylvr said:

Fantastic news.

I cannot understand all the negativity. It's a brilliant album, I can't get enough of it.

1 hour ago, Maddylvr said:

I hope it's over the top and gay as hell. Fuck middle America. And let's have some remixes. Go for the clubs, build up the gay fanbase. That's how you have longevity, even if you're someone like Cyndi Lauper.

Good she's moving ahead with releasing video even though media has been rough on her. Agree that she should aim for being over the top. Can't imagine soccer moms & suburbanites loving it anyway. 

All of a sudden I can't get Swish Swish out of my head.

5 hours ago, Maddylvr said:

I don't get why they release videos so late now. The song is  already dropping like a stone in the UK. Won't it be too late?

3 hours ago, vocalism said:

I hope it's over the top and gay as hell. Fuck middle America. And let's have some remixes. Go for the clubs, build up the gay fanbase. That's how you have longevity, even if you're someone like Cyndi Lauper.

SCREW the middle classes, I will never accept them. My father's other family were middle class, and we were kept out of sight, hidden from view at his funeral.

17 hours ago, Johnny Angel said:

The female MJ indeed, Madonna's natural successor.

9 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I don't get why they release videos so late now. The song is  already dropping like a stone in the UK. Won't it be too late?

IMO, the song was only supposed to be promo single, but since BA flopped hard, they had to move quickly to the next single without having any plan ready for a video.

^ Makes sense. But if they're pushing another song it would make more sense to focus on that. Top 40 radio is probably not going to play SS if they haven't already started. 

That said, a hot video featuring Nicki and a real radio push could turn out a moderate summer hit. I heard it in a club last week and it sounded great and everyone started dancing after the previous song kind of flopped on the dance floor.

Exactly. No video could save SS who has not really connected with the public and radio. That's why the good move with this video would be to target the gays as you said. Like this, the song could become a clubs hit.

1 hour ago, realityisalways said:

The female MJ indeed, Madonna's natural successor.

No way. Madonna does not have a successor.  She still stands above all of the girls that followed her.  

Katy's team have taken too long to release every video for the singles on Witness.  Her videos are fantastic, entertaining, interesting and memorable.  Part of Katy's appeal to the GP is her personality and beauty which compliments her music. Her fantastic videos pushes her appeal and gets her music heard more, as it should be.  

Her second week sales in the US are not so great: she sold only 26,893 albums ( - 86%), and drops to #13 right from the top. At least she was #1.....

5 hours ago, realityisalways said:

SCREW the middle classes, I will never accept them. My father's other family were middle class, and we were kept out of sight, hidden from view at his funeral.

Hahaha

4 hours ago, blowjob said:

Her second week sales in the US are not so great: she sold only 26,893 albums ( - 86%), and drops to #13 right from the top. At least she was #1.....

The music selling market is awful for nearly everybody and even the year's biggest sellers are a fraction to what they were just 5 years ago. They might as well now make platinum = 100,000 and gold = 50,000! Or less! And don't get me started on that convoluted formula calculating streaming as sold albums! :wacko:

Katy at Kiss FM Radio station in London 

katy perry gives her fans behind the scenes look at manchester benefit 133918680

katy perry gives her fans behind the scenes look at manchester benefit 133918680

Never doubt the Princess of Pop! Swish Swish will slay. :inlove: 

At this rate, M might as well give away her next album for free. In the next few years albums will be lucky if they reach the 500k total worldwide (some are already struggling). It's sad as streaming and the digital age has completely killed the format. I don't buy any CDs unless it's for family members who still use them or if I am buying M's releases. Albums are done.