Janet Damita Jo Jackson thread *giggle*

3 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

All For You is a splendid album to listen to in the Summer

It really is!

4 hours ago, Barney said:

It really is!

:brenspin:

On 6/24/2017 at 7:44 PM, ckw25 said:

Indeed it is! This is one of my favorite jams to listen to while cruising down the highway:

Yes! Perfect summer album

My personal favorite is "Someone to Call My Lover".

"Maybe we'll meet at a bar, he'll drive a funky car, maybe we'll meet at a club..." :inlove:

21 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Yes! Perfect summer album

My personal favorite is "Someone to Call My Lover".

"Maybe we'll meet at a bar, he'll drive a funky car, maybe we'll meet at a club..." :inlove:

I do love Someone to call my lover, too.  Brings back lots of fun memories. 

Come on. This is the album that features clunkers like Would You Mind. How can anyone call it perfect with a serious face?

All For You is a shit album.

maybe they mean perfection within her own album catalog

I prefer Damita Jo to All For You TBH

Is this the album where she farts in an interlude @Suedehead?

Next: LaToya's No Relations is a perfect autumn album.

At least she got of the marrage and no longer has to be an obedient muslim wife. 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

At least she got of the marrage and no longer has to be an obedient muslim wife. 

Why do you say that, as a millionaire in her own right she knew what she was getting into, the marriage wasn't Not Without My Daughter by any means.

5 hours ago, acko said:

Why do you say that, as a millionaire in her own right she knew what she was getting into, the marriage wasn't Not Without My Daughter by any means.

Exactly!

Nobody forced Floppita to marry a gay husband.

It's Floppita who's SO desperate for $$$$.

12 hours ago, acko said:

Was just being sarcastic and poking fun at them as a couple! 

Really don't  know too much about their marriage arrangement, but it was way funny how she was spotted wearing traditional muslim garb and allegedly being controlled by him. 

All For You, Trust A Try, Son Of A Gun and Someone To Call My Lover are nice. You Ain't Right, Come On Get Up and Doesn't Really Matter are ok too. The rest is as boring as a phone book. The Japanese bonus called 'Who' is also better than the rest of the album.  

I don't get why her albums have so many of those R&B ballads with no melody or tempo that are 6 minutes long and feel like 6 hours... They are as insipid as a water-flavored yogurt.

6 hours ago, Django said:

I don't get why her albums have so many of those R&B ballads with no melody or tempo that are 6 minutes long and feel like 6 hours... They are as insipid as a water-flavored yogurt.

What about her toilet flushing interlude? :1251: 

15 hours ago, horn said:

What about her toilet flushing interlude? :1251: 

At least they last just a few seconds. 

On 1/7/2017 at 8:02 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

"All for You" is nothing without the piano sample :lmao: 

If it weren't for the Cameo samples neither Mariah nor Janet would have had hits those days :rotfl:

Come on Get Up should've been the 5th U.S. single instead of relegated as i think a Japan promo single. That would stormed up the top 5 or even #1. Janet was sizzling the Hot 100 sales & airplay.

5 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Come on Get Up should've been the 5th U.S. single instead of relegated as i think a Japan promo single. That would stormed up the top 5 or even #1. Janet was sizzling the Hot 100 sales & airplay.

I love fan fiction but in real life the previous single peaked at #28 and that was a high profile collaboration with Missy Elliott, Carly Simon AND P Diddy.

Look what I randomly came across on Ticketmaster! What is this shit? $300 to drink soda backstage while listening to Design of a Decade? Ticket not included?! What a ripoff!

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/020052A2D530A5EC

JANET JACKSON: STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR - HOSPITALITY UPGRADE

HOSPITALITY UPGRADE - TICKET NOT INCLUDED 

Package to include: 
. Priority check-in and entrance 
. Access to the pre-show reception with appetizers, wine, beer and soft drinks 
. Themed decor and party music playing your favorite Janet Jackson hits at the pre-show reception 
. Crowd-free merchandise shopping (where available) 
. Merchandise item designed and created exclusively for package purchasers 
. Collectible laminate to remember your evening 
. Onsite check-in staff 

IMPORTANT NOTE: 
CONCERT TICKET IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THIS HOSPITALITY UPGRADE AND MUST BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY. FAILURE TO PRODUCE A VALID CONCERT TICKET ON NIGHT OF SHOW WILL PROHIBIT ENTRY. HOSPITALITY UPGRADE AND CONCERT TICKETS MUST BE OF THE SAME DATE. 

Concert ticket is not included and must be purchased separately. FAILURE TO PRODUCE A VALID CONCERT TICKET ON NIGHT OF SHOW WILL PROHIBIT ENTRY. HOSPITALITY UPGRADE AND CONCERT TICKETS MUST BE OF THE SAME DATE.

She so gonn

8 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Look what I randomly came across on Ticketmaster! What is this shit? $300 to drink soda backstage while listening to Design of a Decade? Ticket not included?! What a ripoff!

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/020052A2D530A5EC

JANET JACKSON: STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR - HOSPITALITY UPGRADE

HOSPITALITY UPGRADE - TICKET NOT INCLUDED 

Package to include: 
. Priority check-in and entrance 
. Access to the pre-show reception with appetizers, wine, beer and soft drinks 
. Themed decor and party music playing your favorite Janet Jackson hits at the pre-show reception 
. Crowd-free merchandise shopping (where available) 
. Merchandise item designed and created exclusively for package purchasers 
. Collectible laminate to remember your evening 
. Onsite check-in staff 

IMPORTANT NOTE: 
CONCERT TICKET IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THIS HOSPITALITY UPGRADE AND MUST BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY. FAILURE TO PRODUCE A VALID CONCERT TICKET ON NIGHT OF SHOW WILL PROHIBIT ENTRY. HOSPITALITY UPGRADE AND CONCERT TICKETS MUST BE OF THE SAME DATE. 

Concert ticket is not included and must be purchased separately. FAILURE TO PRODUCE A VALID CONCERT TICKET ON NIGHT OF SHOW WILL PROHIBIT ENTRY. HOSPITALITY UPGRADE AND CONCERT TICKETS MUST BE OF THE SAME DATE.

That means bitch will cancel but you can not refund your "party"