MadonnaNation.com Forums
XXL

Janet Damita Jo Jackson thread *giggle*

In this thread we can continue the discussion of the biggest lying haughty entitled hypocrite the pop world this side of manufactured Ville has ever known :1251:

And about the richest gold digging whisperer ever of course. No artistry, no conviction, no guts, abiding by the worst Middle America stereotypes imaginable.

12 years earlier ....

Yes, 12

tumblr_oiauerWp971uyfszco1_500.gif

61bbae27363e9b51b6657bd5e8a2c20b.png

The difference between having a brain and nobody pulling the strings vs doing things mechanically or by imitation holding oneself ransom to other people's judgements and perceptions. Do something and mean it or don't do it at all

No apologies owed if it comes from a good place to begin with. But that's exactly the point I guess, nothing of the sort at Janetville

6 hours ago, XXL said:

FAKE BITCH.

At first, she blamed it on wardrobe malfunction and Justin.

Later when they exposed her by showing the rehearsal video, she changed her lines.

As you can tell she's a pathetic constant lying fake bitch.

I can't believe there are people still to this day that don't believe it was all staged. Why did she have her nipple covered with that thing if it wasn't to be exposed? How do they justify that?

Btw, let's pretend for a minute Nipplegate never happened (it completely overshadowed the rest of the performance) what do you guys think of her halftime performance? I never liked it to be honest...it looks so cheap.

Oh wait... she performed in SUperbowl as the leading artist?

Wasn't she supposed to be Justin Timberlake backing singer?

2 hours ago, F.M.F. said:

I can't believe there are people still to this day that don't believe it was all staged. Why did she have her nipple covered with that thing if it wasn't to be exposed? How do they justify that?

Btw, let's pretend for a minute Nipplegate never happened (it completely overshadowed the rest of the performance) what do you guys think of her halftime performance? I never liked it to be honest...it looks so cheap.

Janet has talked before about her nipple piercing. She'd had it at least as far back as 1998 when Oprah asked her about it. Regarding the SB halftime performance itself, I thought her stage presence and choreography were on point but I wish she'd gotten the show all to herself and also worn a more flattering ensemble.

5 hours ago, horn said:

FAKE BITCH.

At first, she blamed it on wardrobe malfunction and Justin.

Later when they exposed her by showing the rehearsal video, she changed her lines.

As you can tell she's a pathetic constant lying fake bitch.

:chuckle:

27 minutes ago, ckw25 said:

Janet has talked before about her nipple piercing. She'd had it at least as far back as 1998 when Oprah asked her about it. Regarding the SB halftime performance itself, I thought her stage presence and choreography were on point but I wish she'd gotten the show all to herself and also worn a more flattering ensemble.

wp_ss_20170622_0001_zpsyb7da4fq.png

I was looking yesterday for info about a song and I discovered that Damita Jo was a real singer from the 60s. Why did this whisper relic spoiled that name? 

MTV producers talk about the 2004 SB

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I was looking yesterday for info about a song and I discovered that Damita Jo was a real singer from the 60s. Why did this whisper relic spoiled that name? 

Jancel could never

3 hours ago, Gus said:

MTV producers talk about the 2004 SB

I love this interview:

52 minutes ago, ckw25 said:

I love this interview:

I agree that it wasn't as big a deal as it was made out to be but please, the red lace thing 'mistake' is such BS, she tried to do something provocative and shocking to get people talking and she could not handle the heat and the whole thing ended up totally exposing just what type of 'artist' she really is...a phony

Meanwhile...

CJf0jkMUYAAtNxH.jpg

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Gus said:

I agree that it wasn't as big a deal as it was made out to be but please, the red lace thing 'mistake' is such BS, she tried to do something provocative and shocking to get people talking and she could not handle the heat and the whole thing ended up totally exposing just what type of 'artist' she really is...a phony

Meanwhile...

CJf0jkMUYAAtNxH.jpg

giphy.gif

Exactly

3 hours ago, Gus said:

Meanwhile...

CJf0jkMUYAAtNxH.jpg

giphy.gif

I agree with some of your points. Madonna was much more unapologetic, sure. But even she toned it down drastically from about 94-98/99. The backlash definitely had its effect on her.

On 22/6/2017 at 11:20 PM, ckw25 said:

I agree with some of your points. Madonna was much more unapologetic, sure. But even she toned it down drastically from about 94-98/99. The backlash definitely had its effect on her.

Toning it down is different from outright lying to your audience and playing victim wich is what Janet did, besides, even in those years you cite, Madonna never stopped being Madonna and she never apologized for her artistic decisions, she just kept changing and reinventing herself, something she has done since the very beginning of her career...

Screenshot_2017-06-23-01-24-59-1.png

madonna Blue in the Face.png

1dfbf003edcf002bbb02dbb4d0ec8355.jpg

ray16.jpg.bfafe886e279949dea49c314ed6a5b92.jpg

00746298aa5214aeca7c0838e9586450.jpg

luuk04.jpg

pog-luuk-3.png

1999-madonna-arena-01 (1).jpg

madonna-10.jpg

e4e67ba0f17e09fc6fbe2a285bc4305f.jpg

454f9-madonnamariotestinoe2809celle1998magazinesessione2809d-outtake.jpg

507adfa5e5aa2ab0bafcb3991b7ce025.jpg

en-30621.jpg

1996-madonna-spin.jpg

Is it me or does liam paynes new song sound like 'so excited'

On 23/06/2017 at 5:37 AM, Gus said:

Toning it down is different from outright lying to your audience and playing victim, besides, even in those years you cite, Madonna never stopped being Madonna and she never apologized for her artistic decisions, she just kept changing and reinventing herself, something she has done since the very beginning of her career...

luuk04.jpg

pog-luuk-3.png

madonna-10.jpg

en-30621.jpg

1996-madonna-spin.jpg

Oh thank you for these!!! Beautiful 

59 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

All For You is a splendid album to listen to in the Summer

Indeed it is! This is one of my favorite jams to listen to while cruising down the highway:

On 2017-06-22 at 10:37 PM, Gus said:

Toning it down is different from outright lying to your audience and playing victim wich is what Janet did, besides, even in those years you cite, Madonna never stopped being Madonna and she never apologized for her artistic decisions, she just kept changing and reinventing herself, something she has done since the very beginning of her career...

luuk04.jpg

pog-luuk-3.png

madonna-10.jpg

en-30621.jpg

1996-madonna-spin.jpg

This is an artist with a point of view and something to say beyond the skin. Thought and purpose go into these images.

(and I could watch her sing "The Deal is Off" all day every day)

10 minutes ago, Cody Banks said:

This is an artist with a point of view and something to say beyond the skin. Thought and purpose go into these images.

Yes, exactly why i included the Spin cover, one of the most interesting and honest interviews by a pop star ever, very blunt and brave, one of my favorites!

2 hours ago, ckw25 said:

Indeed it is! This is one of my favorite jams to listen to while cruising down the highway:

One of my fave tracks from AFY!!!