MadonnaNation.com Forums
Magician

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: Pre-order now available

We are allowed to be critical of someone who is substandard. It's called having an opinion. His work is unprofessional, badly resourced and he has no idea about typography or concept. He is probably doing it for free, that will be why she wants to use it. I have a degree in Graphic Design and I can tell you he wouldn't even get through the door at a proper art college.

Fuck Aldo I hope he reads this thread and cries himself to sleep!

IMG_3094.GIF

11 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

but you can't blame the guy for doing whatever the f*ck he wants with his computer

He put his work out there for public display.

A piece even became an official single cover.

So YES. Yes we can.

3 minutes ago, JWAD said:

We are allowed to be critical of someone who is substandard. It's called having an opinion. His work is unprofessional, badly resourced and he has no idea about typography or concept. He is probably doing it for free, that will be why she wants to use it. I have a degree in Graphic Design and I can tell you he wouldn't even get through the door at a proper art college.

you can criticize his work and I trust your judgement because you have a degree iun graphic design, but some attacks (just like the one below your post for example) are just mean and ignorant
which is absolutely RIDICULOUS since Madonna has always encouraged respect and tolerance, which is something that so-called "Madonna fans" should know about

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

He put his work out there for public display.

A piece even became an official single cover.

So YES. Yes we can.

so it's forbidden now for fans to create artwork and put it out for public display? and it's his fault if madonna liked it and picked it???? seriously guys I don't get it...

The fact of the matter is that Madonna has shit taste or just can't be bothered (don't know which of the two is worse) ,thus the blame falls fully on her. Come on, it's not like she can't hire a decent artist to do her artwork.

It's not even about "blame"...it's just that Aldo's work, regardless, is horrible. Even in the amateur fanart world, it's the worst of the worst. Regardless of whether M picks his stuff or not. It wouldn't change the fact.

3 hours ago, cocolattee said:

you can criticize his work and I trust your judgement because you have a degree iun graphic design, but some attacks (just like the one below your post for example) are just mean and ignorant

You don't even need a degree in any of the arts to know Aldo's work is simply not good. Not even by amateur standards.

And for those us who have those art degrees, it's even more apparent.

so it's forbidden now for fans to create artwork and put it out for public display? and it's his fault if madonna liked it and picked it????

Nobody is actually saying that.

seriously guys I don't get it...

33 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

which is absolutely RIDICULOUS since Madonna has always encouraged respect and tolerance, which is something that so-called "Madonna fans" should know about

I totally agree. I am critical of his work, not him as a person. His work is crap, he's probably a lovely guy though.

When we say, "if he puts his work out there, he will be criticized (and rightly so)", we are referring to the work. Not him.  (I thought that was obvious?)

The internet is full of bad artwork. This guy clearly only does what he does for fun, it's not like he's some established professional. So if his work is really shit but somebody still decides to purchase it, who's fault is it? I'm not gonna laugh at Aldo, I'm gonna laugh at the client who buys the shitty work.

20 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

When we say, "if he puts his work out there, he will be criticized (and rightly so)", we are referring to the work. Not him.  (I thought that was obvious?)

yea my whole point is that criticizing his work is one thing but the personal attacks are rude and unnecessary (I was talking about all the "I hate him", "he should be ashamed of himself", "I hope he cries himself to sleep" etc. bullshit)

but whatever Im over it

Edited by cocolattee

Let's judge once the actual cover is out. 

But really his work is shit lol Shame on you M!! Lol :angel: 

I just want the Blu Ray in my hands! I can live with whatever the cover it is tbh. 

Why is the preorder not on Amazon yet? I need this in my life 

20 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Why is the preorder not on Amazon yet? I need this in my life 

No nothing anywhere. The way her team are running things there probably won't be a pre-order

There'll be a link on Madonna.com to buy it from the Madonna.com store and it will probably go on line on 12th September. That way they can avoid chart stats and stuff 

36 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

There'll be a link on Madonna.com to buy it from the Madonna.com store and it will probably go on line on 12th September. That way they can avoid chart stats and stuff 

Yeah fuck those sales! I actually think that she will be lucky to chart anywhere outside the usual DVD charts where anyone who sells 20 copies gets to number 1 🤣

RHT finally broadcast in Japan on July 2nd!!

On 6/23/2017 at 2:56 AM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I completely agree. Madonna likes his work. It fits her vision. We have to deal with it. It's not his fault. It's hers.

we know  madonna (or her team) often picks the same fans to win all kinds of things, this thing could be no different. surely madonna who has given us such brilliant videos and shown so much knowledge and good taste wouldnt think his shit is actually.. "good"?

unless she only cares about how nice her face looks or focuses on the wrong things

I liked his single cover, I might be the only one but hey ho.  I don't like a few but I cant do better so good on him if he's a fan too?... Its up to M. Maybe posting pics that look as though they maybe real without typing FAN ART NOT COVER underneath would help the fan base support him more? (Mistakes there maybe?). If he was my mate that managed to have their 'art' be chosen as a single cover id be thrilled for them.

Are backdrop videos leaking?  I saw clips of HeartbreakCity and La Isla Bonita on an instagram story.

On 6/24/2017 at 5:32 AM, rekha said:

RHT finally broadcast in Japan on July 2nd!!

:clap:

3 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

They are. Hopefully, the latter half of Iconic leaks.

I hope so too. I need it!

18 hours ago, SPM said:

I hope so too. I need it!

I love the introduction bit of it but seeing the show itself fourth row, the backdrop video is interesting after she descends and exits the cage. You have the countless Madonna/Marilyn figures carrying the Madonna hologram statue, then it shatters, you see glimpses of Joan of Arc staring. I feel it was her most adventurous and creative video this era in my opinion and we've only seen the first half of it.

1 hour ago, dylanciccone_ said:

I love the introduction bit of it but seeing the show itself fourth row, the backdrop video is interesting after she descends and exits the cage. You have the countless Madonna/Marilyn figures carrying the Madonna hologram statue, then it shatters, you see glimpses of Joan of Arc staring. I feel it was her most adventurous and creative video this era in my opinion and we've only seen the first half of it.

This is the problem with the interlude videos and backdrops you don't get to see them properly when they are filmed. Girl Gone Wild and Nobody Knows Me from MDNA were edited awfully and they were masterpieces. I don't know why they can't be included as extras as so much work goes into them. It's such a shame

so a version was aired for hbo???!?!? so we will get a new version u think...not that i mind the hbo one...but would be something neat. 

and we're only getting some clips from TOAC...thats fine..too bad it looks like it's in black and white...i hope she does some major interviews and such for this seeing its in sept!!

the drama around the cover never stops! 

https://madonnaunderground.com/rebel-heart-tour-dvd-cd-blu-ray-artwork-has-been-changed/

Universal Music NL just confirmed to us that the supposed artwork for the upcoming Rebel Heart Tour DVD (out on September 15) has indeed been changed!

The proposed artwork (by Madonna fan Aldo Diaz) that was communicated before has supposedly been scrapped, however we are waiting confirmation whether or not this (pictured) is the final artwork (communicated through ICON).

Nobody knows a shit..

12 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

the drama around the cover never stops!

That's because no one can wait until something is confirmed. Instead fans speculate and have meltdowns.

3 minutes ago, SPM said:

That's because no one can wait until something is confirmed. Instead fans speculate and have meltdowns.

the meltdowns are the only good thing about this thread tbh