MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: Pre-order now available

Why are people so mean to Aldo? Yes, his covers aren't great, but he's just a fan trying to show his passion for Madonna. It's Madonna picking his art. The guy is getting attacked viciously just for his artistic expression...it's really sad to see. Even if his cover proposals end up being complete shit, it's ultimately Madonna's fault if she picks one of them -- not his.

I completely agree. Madonna likes his work. It fits her vision. We have to deal with it. It's not his fault. It's hers.

8 hours ago, BrendanT1993 said:

ALDO HAS SPOKEN

TRANSLATION:

For the uninformed people who read news on madonnaonline and other groups with my name... Well, the cover wasn't changed and Madonna did not give in to any plea for a change. Do you know why? Because no artwork made by me for the cover has been leaked or published and it will all remain like this.

I participated in the election of the cover... So stop reading lies in those groups with my name and sharing misleading information.
People! Don't believe everything posted on those sites or groups... Try to know beforehand, my God! :/

post-3088-0-02141000-1498085557.png

What the fuck does any of this even mean??? 

I'm hoping he ultimately has nothing to do with it...and just puts shit out there like this because I think he likes the attention.

1 hour ago, techno101 said:

Why are people so mean to Aldo? Yes, his covers aren't great, but he's just a fan trying to show his passion for Madonna. It's Madonna picking his art. The guy is getting attacked viciously just for his artistic expression...it's really sad to see. Even if his cover proposals end up being complete shit, it's ultimately Madonna's fault if she picks one of them -- not his.

Literally none of the shit he does can be considered art or artistic.

23 minutes ago, loowee said:

You're right, it's bad, so we should sit on the internet and bash him and make him feel like shit about it. 

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I completely agree. Madonna likes his work. It fits her vision. We have to deal with it. It's not his fault. It's hers.

Thank god someone here has common sense. She has plenty of fan art to choose from. She chose his, and it is what it is. 

If we're doing an assessment of good vs bad fan art, why don't we talk about some of the other "artists" out there? 

2 hours ago, techno101 said:

His fault because his designs are awful and his using Madonna image to make it worse.

1 hour ago, loowee said:

Thank you.

You're right, it's bad, so we should sit on the internet and bash him and make him feel like shit about it. 

His "art" is making me feel shit so yes I am going to make him feel shit too. Fuck him.  It's both his and M's fault. 

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

His fault because his designs are awful and his using Madonna image to make it worse.

Great, then can you please make a better cover design and send it to M so we can have a good cover for the Blu Ray? Thanks! Can't see what she uses, now that everyone is gonna produce good designs. I'm sure you all can come up with something great for her!

HE chose to put his work out in the public sphere. Thus, he will be open to criticism. Period. That's just how it works.

He doesn't understand anything about the fundamentals of art or 2D composition. And the truth of the matter is that his work barely passes for amateur status. And with all honesty, that's being generous.

If he doesn't want to be so harshly criticized, he should greatly improve his skill set. As soon as possible.

If we're doing an assessment of good vs bad fan art, why don't we talk about some of the other "artists" out there? 

We already have. Many times on this board. We've mentioned several top quality graphic artists that at the very least know what they're doing.

Again -

https://www.instagram.com/ag_dresign/
https://www.behance.net/ag_dresign

https://www.instagram.com/fhonik/
http://fhonik.com/#/madonna-parallel/

Both are clearly competent and well-trained. And Fhonik's work is some of the best fan-based work I've ever seen!!! An actual professional.

Not to mention the various work here -

http://madonnafanmadecovers.blogspot.com/

and here -

http://coverlandia.net/search/node/Madonna

Full of amateur and semi-pro graphic artists that do work far and beyond anything Mr. Diaz has ever put out.

He deserves NO defense. End of story.

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

HE chose to put his work out in the public sphere. Thus, he will be open to criticism. Period. That's just how it works.

He doesn't understand anything about the fundamentals of art or 2D composition. And the truth of the matter is that his work barely passes for amateur status. And with all honesty, that's being generous.

If he doesn't want to be so harshly criticized, he should greatly improve his skill set. As soon as possible.

We already have. Many times on this board. We've mentioned several top quality graphic artists that at the very least know what they're doing.

Again -

https://www.instagram.com/ag_dresign/
https://www.behance.net/ag_dresign

https://www.instagram.com/fhonik/
http://fhonik.com/#/madonna-parallel/

Both are clearly competent and well-trained. And Fhonik's work is some of the best fan-based work I've ever seen!!! An actual professional.

Not to mention the various work here -

http://madonnafanmadecovers.blogspot.com/

and here -

http://coverlandia.net/search/node/Madonna

Full of amateur and semi-pro graphic artists that do work far and beyond anything Mr. Diaz has ever put out.

He deserves NO defense. End of story.

IMG_8391.GIF

6 hours ago, techno101 said:

His "proposed cover" (aka plea for attention) involved a picture of M from the Brits, not RH tour, with no feet and the background to the film poster for wonder woman. It is impossible to support an artist of QUALITY like Madonna using his artwork for a major release, especially considering the tour was stunning visually.

I don't like most of Aldo's artwork (some of it is not that bad though)
but it's not like Madonna herself could do a better job, we had shitty artwork for most of her live releases and Aldo had nothing to do with those

and anyone who's attacking him so viciously, if Madonna came to you and picked YOUR artwork no matter how shitty, would you say NO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
come on....
he has the right to make whatever artwork he wants or likes, and if there's someone out there who appreciates it good for him EXPRESS YOURSELF DON'T REPRESS YOURSELF

you can be baffled by the artistic choices of her/her team (and I am as well) but you can't blame the guy for doing whatever the f*ck he wants with his computer

We are allowed to be critical of someone who is substandard. It's called having an opinion. His work is unprofessional, badly resourced and he has no idea about typography or concept. He is probably doing it for free, that will be why she wants to use it. I have a degree in Graphic Design and I can tell you he wouldn't even get through the door at a proper art college.

Fuck Aldo I hope he reads this thread and cries himself to sleep!

IMG_3094.GIF

11 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

but you can't blame the guy for doing whatever the f*ck he wants with his computer

He put his work out there for public display.

A piece even became an official single cover.

So YES. Yes we can.

3 minutes ago, JWAD said:

We are allowed to be critical of someone who is substandard. It's called having an opinion. His work is unprofessional, badly resourced and he has no idea about typography or concept. He is probably doing it for free, that will be why she wants to use it. I have a degree in Graphic Design and I can tell you he wouldn't even get through the door at a proper art college.

you can criticize his work and I trust your judgement because you have a degree iun graphic design, but some attacks (just like the one below your post for example) are just mean and ignorant
which is absolutely RIDICULOUS since Madonna has always encouraged respect and tolerance, which is something that so-called "Madonna fans" should know about

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

He put his work out there for public display.

A piece even became an official single cover.

So YES. Yes we can.

so it's forbidden now for fans to create artwork and put it out for public display? and it's his fault if madonna liked it and picked it???? seriously guys I don't get it...

The fact of the matter is that Madonna has shit taste or just can't be bothered (don't know which of the two is worse) ,thus the blame falls fully on her. Come on, it's not like she can't hire a decent artist to do her artwork.

It's not even about "blame"...it's just that Aldo's work, regardless, is horrible. Even in the amateur fanart world, it's the worst of the worst. Regardless of whether M picks his stuff or not. It wouldn't change the fact.

3 hours ago, cocolattee said:

you can criticize his work and I trust your judgement because you have a degree iun graphic design, but some attacks (just like the one below your post for example) are just mean and ignorant

You don't even need a degree in any of the arts to know Aldo's work is simply not good. Not even by amateur standards.

And for those us who have those art degrees, it's even more apparent.

so it's forbidden now for fans to create artwork and put it out for public display? and it's his fault if madonna liked it and picked it????

Nobody is actually saying that.

seriously guys I don't get it...

33 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

which is absolutely RIDICULOUS since Madonna has always encouraged respect and tolerance, which is something that so-called "Madonna fans" should know about

I totally agree. I am critical of his work, not him as a person. His work is crap, he's probably a lovely guy though.

When we say, "if he puts his work out there, he will be criticized (and rightly so)", we are referring to the work. Not him.  (I thought that was obvious?)

The internet is full of bad artwork. This guy clearly only does what he does for fun, it's not like he's some established professional. So if his work is really shit but somebody still decides to purchase it, who's fault is it? I'm not gonna laugh at Aldo, I'm gonna laugh at the client who buys the shitty work.