MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: Pre-order now available

I've read that they always include some bonus material in Japan to make it national and not imported, which reflects in its more affordable price.

Madonnas always been good to Japan for years.

Look at all the clearances she got for the samples on the S&S DVD- not to mention when she performed other acts' songs on her tours. She recorded LDLHA, and there would be copyright/clearance issues for a DVD release?

Any ideas if the the LAP performance is from Australia, or the one performed after the Paris incident?

19 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Look at all the clearances she got for the samples on the S&S DVD- not to mention when she performed other acts' songs on her tours. She recorded LDLHA, and there would be copyright/clearance issues for a DVD release?

Any ideas if the the LAP performance is from Australia, or the one performed after the Paris incident?

She had nothing to do with the S&S release and probably didn't find out until the bill payment came. She's just being a cheapskate as usual, that's why we are getting an edit of the show, a horrendous edit of TOAC and Like A Prayer as a "bonus". Pathetic!

LOL Was just saying that I'd be surprised if it was a copyright issue, especially being that she recorded LDLHA, released it as a single, etc.

I forget- was "Lucky Star" cut from the Showtime edit? There was  more of ITG than LS in the medley, anyhow, I believe..

Fans seem disgruntled no matter what the fuck M does.  Why?  We are getting a great tour and double soundtrack.  Truthfully, the show was pretty fucking awesome.  Personally, I am rather thrilled to add these releases to my collection. All is well... great tour from a great album... so let's enjoy it a bit.  Damn...!

15 hours ago, Bill said:

I can't, for the life of me, understand why LDLHA was cut.  It was one of the best moments from the entire concert!!  Her vocals were just stunning.

Also, why is it so hard for them to care enough about fans to give us REAL bonus footage?  She sang so many different songs on this tour.  Why can't we get Who's That Girl, Ghosttown, Secret... I just don't understand. It's so frustrating and unfair.

This. 😡

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Actually LAP is the RIT version as a bonus. 

:chuckle:

Still no preorder on Amazon UK

15 hours ago, twannak said:

I think it's an Icon exclusive 

I am an ICON member and apparently I got no extra gift... another user showed a screenshot where you could clearley see it listed in his/her order, while it wasn't on mine... no big deal but it's a shame, I thought they were really cute

So I just wanted to order the Blu-Ray from Yesasia but I'm so confused about this whole region thing. It clearly states that the Blu-Ray won't play in Europe, the DVD however is compatible. I don't want the DVD though...ugh. I guess I'll just wait for the first reviews.

2 minutes ago, DagIN said:

So I just wanted to order the Blu-Ray from Yesasia but I'm so confused about this whole region thing. It clearly states that the Blu-Ray won't play in Europe, the DVD however is compatible. I don't want the DVD though...ugh. I guess I'll just wait for the first reviews.

but cdna-an says it's region free, and usually concerts bluray are region free. 

Just now, cosmic_system said:

but cdna-an says it's region free, and usually concerts bluray are region free. 

What's a cdna-an?

3 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

sorry I mean cd japan 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIXO-1001

Running Time 119minutes
Region free
Subtitles Japanese

Thanks. Let's hope that the Information stated on Yesasia is not correct then. I'll just order it from there now

38 minutes ago, DagIN said:

Thanks. Let's hope that the Information stated on Yesasia is not correct then. I'll just order it from there now

I pre-ordered from yeeasia too, it's cheaper. I believe cd japan is the most famous Japanese international store, they even did a banner to promote the bluray so I tend to believe the free region stuff is real. Let's wait for hmv and amazon too, if it's not region free I will cancel the order. 

This is such an unusual release.

Never before have Japan had a video extra like this - a full tour performance never seen elsewhere!

What is the logic in the US / European / International release not containing "Take a Bow"? I know in Japan there's a history of including bonus tracks on albums and there's been the CD+DVD versions of COADF and RH there - but, from Japanese point of view, is this to generate export sales? Doesn't the UK record company care about exports? I am a bit baffled.

As for LDLHA - it's a shame - but the theory about it being left off cos it is a cover version seems like total nonsense to me. 

La Vie En Rose is a cover. Billie Jean, I Can't Help Myself, Family Affair, Imagine, Don't Cry For Me Argentina - they are all cover versions and all have been released on Madonna tour home videos.

Conclusion must be that Madonna has decided she's not keen on the LDLHA performance. That's how she operates. She doesn't like it now!

LDLHA wasn't only the highlight of that particular performance, but of the entire show for me. I'm so sad about the omission!

7 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

LDLHA wasn't only the highlight of that particular performance, but of the entire show for me. I'm so sad about the omission!

I'm sad too. It was stunning and so beautifully placed in that show. I wonder if we will ever know why she left it off the film!

My theory is that bitch didn't want to do 2 cuts of the concert but only the one Showtime paid her to do, and she said herself 2 hours was the limit for the Showtime airing, and that's it. The fact that both LAP and TAB are extras and not part of the show (even if both were recorded in Sidney) says it all really. Of course she cut that amazing piece of show and singing for that boring and killing the momentum Detroit segment. Sometimes I really don't get her.

I agree with Jamesy about the japanese bonus track. We know they usually have bonus for imports etc, but I think it's the first time something like this happens for a video release. It's weird. 

Edited by cosmic_system

Spotlight - is ✈️ moving to Japan 🇯🇵 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

My theory is that bitch didn't want to do 2 cuts of the concert but only the one Showtime paid her to do, and she said herself 2 hours was the limit for the Showtime airing, and that's it. The fact that both LAP and TAB are extras and not part of the show (even if both were recorded in Sidney) says it all really. Of course she cut that amazing piece of show and singing for that boring and killing the momentum Detroit segment. Sometimes I really don't get her.

I agree with Jamesy about the japanese bonus track. We know they usually have bonus for imports etc, but I think it's the first time something like this happens for a video release. It's weird. 

Thing is, they edited it down to fit the timeslot. There IS a longer edit already done.