Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Magician

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: Pre-order now available

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

I wonder if the LDLHA cut has anything to do with copyrights or publishing issues. It just seems to random otherwise. 

 

But it doesn't make sense since the strings at the end are still there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, moniquearis said:

 

 

screenshot-madonna.fanfire.com-2017-08-16-11-32-51screenshot-madonna.fanfire.com-2017-08-16-11-32-07

 

I ordered the bundle but no sign of the serigraph set...
is it a US esclusive...??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the bitching asides, I'm still grateful that they are going to release this and give us her first good DVD cover in YEARS. :inlove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, loowee said:

All the bitching asides, I'm still grateful that they are going to release this and give us her first good DVD cover in YEARS. :inlove:

I have to say at this point I'm in the same boat. I guess she's somewhere in between when it comes artists and DVD releases. Some artists never release any, whilst some like U2 and Coldplay release fantastic tour DVDs with amazing extras, and tellingly, those are the big touring artists because it perpetuates their ticket sales when shows are filmed well and translate well on screen. She did it very well for Confessions Tour and Sticky & Sweet Tour, so I forgive the misstep with MDNA Tour but that entire era was 'troubled'. So I'm glad we are getting a lovely Rebel Heart Tour DVD at the end of the day. And yes I will pre-order on iTunes too and UK Amazon which will bring my total purchases up to 4 :dead:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loowee said:

All the bitching asides, I'm still grateful that they are going to release this and give us her first good DVD cover in YEARS. :inlove:

Movies, TV shows, music videos don't get re-cut when they get a DVD release, so why should a concert be any different.

I'm just glad to finally get it, there was a point when I thought it wasn't getting a release.

LDHA was definitely a highlight for me though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to complain, and I usually don't.  But this was such an amazing era and tour; it deserves better.  And I believe fans deserve better too.  Alas, we should be used to this by now. :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Movies, TV shows, music videos don't get re-cut when they get a DVD release, so why should a concert be any different.

Because M has done it before.

The TV version of the Confessions Tour omits the Sorry Remix interlude, Drowned World/Substitute for Love, Paradise (Not for Me), and Lucky Star.

The TV version of the Sticky & Sweet Tour has a shortened intro and omits Like a Virgin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tasteinmen said:

Movies, TV shows, music videos don't get re-cut when they get a DVD release, so why should a concert be any different.

I'm just glad to finally get it, there was a point when I thought it wasn't getting a release.

LDHA was definitely a highlight for me though.

They actually do. Have you seen the various cuts now being released as DVD/BR in the last few years?

TV shows normally especially when in syndication get trimmed down for commercials and are then released in full on their DVD sets.

Madonna's Confessions and Sticky and Sweet were edited in their TV broadcasts then later released uncut on their home releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

They actually do. Have you seen the various cuts now being released as DVD/BR in the last few years?

TV shows normally especially when in syndication get trimmed down for commercials and are then released in full on their DVD sets.

Madonna's Confessions and Sticky and Sweet were edited in their TV broadcasts then later released uncut on their home releases.

The Ciao Italia and Drowned World Tour DVDs are different edits from what was shown on TV at the time as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cocolattee said:

I ordered the bundle but no sign of the serigraph set...
is it a US esclusive...??

I think it's an Icon exclusive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad stuff if finally coming together with this release.....was looking a little shaky for a minute there....lol. Yeah, don't quite understand why the gorgeous LDLHA is being cut.....first time (and most likely the last) time she's EVER done that song live in 31 years. It must be some sort of copyright thing or something. The Material Girl doesn't wanna give the material ($$$) to have it on the DVD perhaps....idk. With the length of time it took to put this together, I was hoping for full TOAC as a bonus too.....oh well. :( Complaints aside, I'm happy it's getting released. While we may not get a lot of "extras" as fans of other artists may get, we do have ALL of her tours released in some form or another (TOD for BA and IGTTYAS for RIT), so we're quite fortunate in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Suedehead said:

I wonder if the LDLHA cut has anything to do with copyrights or publishing issues. It just seems to random otherwise. 

 

Almost certainly, and that's likely why we don't get to hear Send in the Clowns. Between the Bars etc in studio quality either. This penny pinching is so frustrating. Glad for those who wanted 'Karaoke a Bow' though, even if it does mean importing from Japan. Luckily my Blu-ray player is multi region, so that's the one I'll be getting...eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does everyone think Love don't live here anymore won't be included ?

She sang 2 lines from it lasted 30 seconds and it will form part of Heartbreak City.....so i understand it not getting a credit on the list on songs.

Edited by Confessit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Glad stuff if finally coming together with this release.....was looking a little shaky for a minute there....lol. Yeah, don't quite understand why the gorgeous LDLHA is being cut.....first time (and most likely the last) time she's EVER done that song live in 31 years. It must be some sort of copyright thing or something. The Material Girl doesn't wanna give the material ($$$) to have it on the DVD perhaps....idk. With the length of time it took to put this together, I was hoping for full TOAC as a bonus too.....oh well. :( Complaints aside, I'm happy it's getting released. While we may not get a lot of "extras" as fans of other artists may get, we do have ALL of her tours released in some form or another (TOD for BA and IGTTYAS for RIT), so we're quite fortunate in that regard.

Maybe she felt she paid enough for that song when she put it on Like A Virgin and released is as a reworked single 10 years later.

It was just so nice to see her perform a really deep old album cut from 30 years ago, it worked so well, shame it's not included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Why does everyone think Love don't live here anymore won't be included ?

She sang 2 lines from it lasted 30 seconds and it will form part of Heartbreak City.....so i understand it not getting a credit on the list on songs.

I guess we're just assuming this since it wasn't on the Showtime broadcast and it's not credited on the tracklisting. I hope you're right though! I do think it would at the very least say something like "featuring excerpt from LDLHA" or something to that effect. I guess we'll see! Fingers crossed! A shame to see one of the best vocal performances she's ever done just tossed aside though. Girl has the $$ to pay for it....lol.....I don't understand. Either way, can't wait to have this in my hands FINALLY in less than a month now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Maybe she felt she paid enough for that song when she put it on Like A Virgin and released is as a reworked single 10 years later.

Perhaps! I'm sure that single release didn't rake in too much $$ either.....although, what was her poorest performing single at that time probably sold more than her best performing single in recent years (minus GMAYL of course which DID go Gold in the US...just sayin..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember but Vogue was just an excerpt wasn't it? And that is listed in the track list.

could it be that she couldn't get the rights to it now? It could be owned by a different label or something due it being an old song?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Why does everyone think Love don't live here anymore won't be included ?

She sang 2 lines from it lasted 30 seconds and it will form part of Heartbreak City.....so i understand it not getting a credit on the list on songs.

Because we all read and keep up with the thread and most of us have watched the show already which you apparently haven't. The edited broadcast version is the same as the the released version, right down to the running time. The info from the last day or so was already revealed here many weeks ago from the BBFC site etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think she would lose over 10$ if LDLHA was on this DVD? Is this gonna be a million seller?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after the storm of new releases being announced yesterday, I'm decided to buy evary one of them :grins: Including Japanese DVD and blu-ray :grins:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

So, after the storm of new releases being announced yesterday, I'm decided to buy evary one of them :grins: Including Japanese DVD and blu-ray :grins:

:janetflop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kim said:

Because we all read and keep up with the thread and most of us have watched the show already which you apparently haven't. The edited broadcast version is the same as the the released version, right down to the running time. The info from the last day or so was already revealed here many weeks ago from the BBFC site etc

Well considering the cut songs on the TV broadcast from Confessions and Sticky and Sweet were included on the DVD LDLHA could very well be included !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Well considering the cut songs on the TV broadcast from Confessions and Sticky and Sweet were included on the DVD LDLHA could very well be included !

 

"The edited broadcast version is the same as the the released version, right down to the running time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kim said:

"The edited broadcast version is the same as the the released version, right down to the running time."

In the official write up on Madonna.com it says a version of the film previously debuted on Showtime in December.

A version......That would lead me to believe there will be some differences between the DVD and the TV broadcast....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Confessit said:

In the official write up on Madonna.com it says a version of the film previously debuted on Showtime in December.

A version......That would lead me to believe there will be some differences between the DVD and the TV broadcast....

 

You keep believing that then. Look, we all saw the amazon pre order with the running times which match the broadcast. Just cos you're late to the party doesn't mean we have to discuss all this ish again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kim said:

You keep believing that then. Look, we all saw the amazon pre order with the running times which match the broadcast. Just cos you're late to the party doesn't mean we have to discuss all this ish again.

Okay fair enough! It will be excalty the same then.....but thats not what the write up suggests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

In the official write up on Madonna.com it says a version of the film previously debuted on Showtime in December.

A version......That would lead me to believe there will be some differences between the DVD and the TV broadcast....

 

 

BBFC's review of the dvd:

Screenshot_2017-08-17-13-59-39-1.png

From Amazon.com:

Screenshot_2017-08-17-14-00-41-1.png

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-video

https://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Heart-Tour-DVD-CD/dp/B073LK1MNJ/ref=pd_zg_rss_ms_d_dvd_3#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1502989548454

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

In the official write up on Madonna.com it says a version of the film previously debuted on Showtime in December.

A version......That would lead me to believe there will be some differences between the DVD and the TV broadcast....

 

.........

 

It's been stated countless times that the runtime of both "versions" are the same. Wake up. :provoke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Okay fair enough! It will be excalty the same then.....but thats not what the write up suggests. 

They were being deliberately sketchy by saying that, similar to how you have to dig to actually find out that the bonus features are virtually non existent.  I mean, they do want to sell SOME copies of this ish. Though they will be factoring in the dafties buying 10 different versions of the same thing I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×