MadonnaNation.com Forums
LHakaLH

Hypothetical: Madonna Stadium Tour 2018-19

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

If Madonna wants to fill stadiums again, then the setlist should include pretty much every single song from this list below. Not as interludes or medleys or ridiculous rock versions either: 

Holiday
Borderline
Like A Virgin
Material Girl
Papa Don't Preach
True Blue
Open Your Heart
La Isla Bonita
Like A Prayer
Express Yourself
Cherish
Vogue
Justify My Love

Ray Of Light
Music
Hung Up

4 Minutes

All the non-hits from the past 10 years and her own personal faves can be video interludes or dancer interludes or whatever :bad:

She has so many huge hits that everybody knows and has stood the test of time effortlessly. Amazing catalogue of timeless classics. The best greatest hits of anyone ever.   I would add Into the Groove, Crazy for you and Frozen as well. I am very greedy with Madonna classic hits ! 

I agree she's not touring til 2019 or even 2020 and if she doesn't come to Southamerica, I'll travel wherever I can cause it might be the last time!!!

She has to do 3 greatest hits stadium tours (at least)to cover all her hits

Doing greatest hits she can easily sell out all major makerts if she does a smaller scale tour a la girlie show

but i think we will have another RH situation with 70-80 dates

Well if she ever comes back to South America it would have to be in stadiums cause there are few arenas over here and most of them hold less than 10,000 people...

when she visited Athens with Sticky and sweet tour she attracted 80k people ,most of them were dissapointed by the setlist .Even if she promises a GH tour i'm afraid she won't fill half of the stadium 

Did you personally speak to most of the 80k then because I have 4 friends who went and all loved it

So let's not bullshit here sotos8 

I reckon she could do like wembley Stadium or something but it would def have to be a GH heavy show for the public to go and there is a demand there they just don't wanna sit through stuff they haven't bothered to hear off the latest album. 

I still reckon she could nail Glastonbury in 2018 

THEN announce the tour 

16 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Did you personally speak to most of the 80k then because I have 4 friends who went and all loved it

So let's not bullshit here sotos8 

i'm talking about the setlist suedehead , at least all of my friends who weren't hardcore fans ,and there were a lot . The stadium ''woke up'' when she performed like a prayer 

17 hours ago, Dr Lecter said:

I reckon she could do like wembley Stadium or something but it would def have to be a GH heavy show for the public to go and there is a demand there they just don't wanna sit through stuff they haven't bothered to hear off the latest album. 

I still reckon she could nail Glastonbury in 2018 

THEN announce the tour 

There is no Glastonbury next year but she has to do this at least once!

I think headlining it in 2019 alongside a new album would be fantastic promotion.

The festival is the most iconic and reported on festival in the world.

No better promotion to re-establish her as a show stopping headliner to this festival generation!

25 minutes ago, Confessit said:

There is no Glastonbury next year but she has to do this at least once!

I think headlining it in 2019 alongside a new album would be fantastic promotion.

The festival is the most iconic and reported on festival in the world.

No better promotion to re-establish her as a show stopping headliner to this festival generation!

Nana Mouskouri is performing ... they could do a duet ! ;-)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/578438/Glastonbury-2017-Nana-Mouskouri-festival-oldest-headline-act-legend-slot

Wasn't Madonna tipped to play Glasto in 2000 but backed out when she got pregnant ?

On 24/06/2017 at 0:10 PM, Lolo said:

I was talking to some friends last night who had just been at a Depeche Mode concert and they said Madonna is the only legend still missing in their list because they are no real fans and the tickets are too expensive for their taste  but they would totally pay for a GH tour ticket. I guess that applies for a lot of people.

But tickets ar not that expensive anymore when u look at current rates...
she done so many stadium/arena gigs in the last decade where u could snatch up good ones in the €80-€120 range
Everyone and their dog charges that nowadays, and they don't have the Madonna overhead cost.

Chris Rock is doing the same venue as M in Antwerp and the prices r the same, it's just him a microphone and a spotlight....
But I get it, they do it cuz people like M set a standard, only thing is she has 20 dancers, sometimes two bands, stunts, screens,
hydraulics, couture and whatnot...

2 hours ago, acko said:

But tickets ar not that expensive anymore when u look at current rates...
she done so many stadium/arena gigs in the last decade where u could snatch up good ones in the €80-€120 range
Everyone and their dog charges that nowadays, and they don't have the Madonna overhead cost.

Chris Rock is doing the same venue as M in Antwerp and the prices r the same, it's just him a microphone and a spotlight....
But I get it, they do it cuz people like M set a standard, only thing is she has 20 dancers, sometimes two bands, stunts, screens,
hydraulics, couture and whatnot...

Absolutely I just went to see two Mexican singers and the price range was what Madonna is charging (not VIP packages). And I was like, really??? 

My dream tour: “2 Nights Experience”

Night One

Into The Groove
Lucky Star / Angel
Dress You Up
Material Girl

Causing a Commotion (interlude)

Open Your Heart
Cherish
True Blue
Borderline

Erotica (interlude)

Justify My Love
Express Yourself / Human Nature
Bad Girl
Deeper And Deeper
Vogue

4 Minutes (interlude)

Ray of Light
Living For Love
Music
Celebration

Night Two

Hung Up
Girl Gone Wild
Bitch I'm Madonna
Give it 2 Me

Give Me All Your Luvin' (interlude)

Don't Tell Me
American Life
Frozen
Die Another Day

This Used to Be My Playground (interlude)

La Isla Bonita / Who´s That Girl
Secret
Live to Tell
Take a Bow

Madonna mix (interlude)

Like a Prayer
Papa Don´t Preach
Like a Virgin
I'll Remember / Crazy For You

Holiday
Everybody

I. SACRILEGE

Inspired by Madonna's youth, her catholic upbringing and the death of her mother.

1. Act of Contrition - Like a Prayer

2. Like a Virgin - Justify My Love (with samples from "Whole Lotta Love")

3. Papa Don't Preach

4. Oh Father

5. Beautiful Stranger (Interlude)

II. NYC

Inspired by Madonna's beginning in NYC. Her meeting Mark Kamins and Steve Bray, performing at nightclubs, etc. This section will be have a neo-80's vibe. Kind of futuristic but still very throwback 80's.

1. Everybody - Music (with samples from "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life")

2. Lucky Star - Impressive Instant (with samples from "Get Together")

3. Into the Groove (with samples from "Bitch, I'm Madonna")

4. Hung Up

5. Nobody Knows Me (Interlude)

III. SHOWGIRL

Inspired by Madonna's rise to fame, superstardom and the very first backlash. It also higlights her strong affiliation with the LGBTQ community. This section will have a cabaret/burlesque feel to it. Kind of like fetish club meets Moulin Rouge.

1. Material Girl - Hollywood

2. Vogue (with samples from "It Takes Two")

3. Erotica - Deeper and Deeper - Girl Gone Wild

4. Bad Girl / Secret / Live to Tell (Jazz Ballad Version, Madonna sitting on a large piano)

5. Nothing Really Matters (Interlude)

IV. DIA DE LOS MUERTOS

Inspired by Madonna's career revival, her comeback, her failed marriages, motherhood and finding inner peace and redemption through her belief. This section will start of dark and will go brighter as it progresses. It's a representation of resurrection, a juxtaposition between life and death.

1. Frozen

2. Living for Love

3. Rain / Take a Bow / The Power of Good-Bye / You'll See / I'll Remember / Cherish (Acoustic)

4. Ray of Light (Ballad Intro leads into Uptempo Mix)

5. La Isla Bonita - Holiday

6. What It Feels Like for a Girl (Interlude)

V. AMERICAN REBEL

Madonna NOW. Fighting against injustice, sexism, ageism, racism, etc. This section will go from having a more military vibe to a sort of Americana theme for the encore.

1. American Life (with samples from "The Star-Spangled Banner")

2. Sorry (with samples from "Human Nature")

3. Die Another Day - 4 Minutes - Give It 2 Me (with samples from "Papa Don't Preach")

4. Don't Tell Me

5. Express Yourself

I've always had this idea in my head, Madonna can do a special greatest hits tour once she hits 60, 65, whatever, where she has 3 different setlists for several places in the world, she has enough hits to shuffle through her hits and perform rare songs, ignored singles, etc. She can have a main songs and themes and smaller themes where several songs can fit in so she can swap them easily. Granted this will mean a lot of work and knowing her she will probably just add Grammy Shop, La Isla Bonita and Human Nature everywhere and ignore I'll Remember lol

North America/Oceania:

Holiday, Borderline, Like A Virgin, Live To Tell, Angel, Papa Don't Preach, Express Yourself, Who's That Girl, Erotica,  Rain, I'll Remember, Take A Bow, Secret, Ray Of Light, Beautiful Stranger, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, 4 Minutes, Gimme All Your Luvin, Living For Love.

Europe/South America:

Lucky Star, Material Girl, La Isla Bonita, Vogue, Deeper and Deeper, Bedtime Story, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Frozen, Power Of Goodbye, Music, Hollywood, Impressive Instant, Hung Up, Sorry, Give It 2 Me,  Celebration, Girl Gone Wild, Ghosttown.

Asia/odd markets:

Burning Up, Everybody, Crazy For You, Open Your Heart, True Blue, Like A Prayer, Cherish, Justify My Love, Fever, Human Nature, You Must Love Me, Drowned World, What It Feels Like For A Girl, Get Together/Jump, Miles Away, Bitch I'm Madonna

I think in each city she should do a 2 Night gig of different shows/setlists :

1st Night (Arena/Stadium) - Greatest Hits/Uptempo show for the GP

2nd Night (Theatre) - TOAC Type fan show with forgotten hits, album tracks & new songs. 

On 27/06/2017 at 10:22 PM, Suedehead said:

Dance 2Night will be performed 3 times on the 2020 GH Tour 

I do hope so :wow:

2 hours ago, Dr Lecter said:

It's her Into The Groove of the 2000s! :wow:

8 hours ago, Dr Lecter said:

Me too. Dance 2night is killer.