MadonnaNation.com Forums
LHakaLH

Hypothetical: Madonna Stadium Tour 2018-19

2 hours ago, VeronicaElectronica said:

Because Madonna would rather quit music than have a Mariah Carey sample in her show

I lol'd.

I'd love to see a greatest hits tour for the next run. I hope she doesn't do stadiums, depends how greedy LN want to be and if she's prepared to do night after night of arena's. I imagine after the lower demand for the RHT that Live Nation will really think the itinerary through thoroughly this time, especially in Australia. I'm hoping they really push her for a greatest hits tour because I just can't see her coming up with the idea herself and hell will probably freeze over before she promotes a tour as a farewell tour.

I don't get the samples you have listed. Madonna has the most iconic incredible pop music of any artist in history and you are putting in samples of MJ , Janis Joplin and Janet, Britney and Mariah.  :wacko:

If she does a GH stadium tour in 2020 or later it will be massive and an instant sell out. That's for sure. I can't even imagine the hype around a Farewell Tour though... it should be unprecedented.

The setlist from the first post is trash. Sorry I don't want to be rude.

14 hours ago, VeronicaElectronica said:

Because Madonna would rather quit music than have a Mariah Carey sample in her show

:lmao:

I'm okay with some classics and forgotten gems but I wouldn't want a full blown GH tour. If she still has new material that is great in future records, I'd much prefer to see those performed live with her staple hits, and other tracks from her catalog. That's why I'm much rather pay to see a Madonna show than some GH type acts who's setlist never changes.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:42 PM, loowee said:

Drag me all you want, but unless this is heavily promoted as a Greatest Hits Tour with only 30~40 dates, she can't pull off a stadium tour at this point. She hasn't had a hit for almost a decade, her current public image is not good, she has been notoriously late, she has been touring regularly and RHT wasn't an instant sold-out tour. She needs to build up demand, otherwise a full blown stadium tour a la S&S will bomb. 

Related image

I agree. And the general public wants the classics/hits not the new stuff. I respect her for not wanting to be "that" kind of legacy artist but sometimes you have to accept reality.

It's ONE tour. ONE.  People make it out like we mean "every tour from here on out". Uh, no...

On 6/14/2017 at 6:40 PM, acko said:

She 's not touring BEFORE 2020. U can quote me on that.

but isn't she somewhat required to do one more for her Live Nation contract? A tour on 2020 and beyond is quite a stretch from the contract...

Does the contract have a time frame?  If not, probably doesn't matter.

Don't know why so many are hung up on the contract thing either. Not like she's going to do business with any other company touring-wise anyway.

Y'all better start saving money for tickets 'cause they're gonna sell out fast, that's all i'm gonna say. :elite:

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, acko said:

She 's not touring BEFORE 2020. U can quote me on that.

:laugh:

On 16/06/2017 at 8:20 AM, mtzlplk said:

but isn't she somewhat required to do one more for her Live Nation contract? A tour on 2020 and beyond is quite a stretch from the contract...

The contract is complete for touring.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

The contract is complete for touring.

Stop presenting your assumptions as fact. A stupid assumption at that.

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

Stop presenting your assumptions as fact. A stupid assumption at that.

I thought it was already confirmed in here when the tours were counted comparing it to when she signed the contract?

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

I thought it was already confirmed in here when the tours were counted comparing it to when she signed the contract?

No it wasn't. The general consensus was one more tour and an optional album.

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

No it wasn't. The general consensus was one more tour and an optional album.

Oh okay I thought it was one more album and the tours she had delivered on.

I stand corrected !

U2 are back doing a stadium tour after their last arena tour. Its mega successful. So I think she can definitely pull it off again, but only if it's a greatest hits or fake farewell tour.

Fyi the u2 tour is based on the Joshua Tree album.

2 hours ago, whyme? said:

U2 are back doing a stadium tour after their last arena tour. Its mega successful. So I think she can definitely pull it off again, but only if it's a greatest hits or fake farewell tour.

Fyi the u2 tour is based on the Joshua Tree album.

Know that Oseary & U2 must be very satisfied about the good ticket numbers, but still can't see Madonna doing this type of tour soon.

Perhaps things will change once she turns sixty & after her film is released. 

If Madonna wants to fill stadiums again, then the setlist should include pretty much every single song from this list below. Not as interludes or medleys or ridiculous rock versions either: 

Holiday
Borderline
Like A Virgin
Material Girl
Papa Don't Preach
True Blue
Open Your Heart
La Isla Bonita
Like A Prayer
Express Yourself
Cherish
Vogue
Justify My Love

Ray Of Light
Music
Hung Up

4 Minutes

All the non-hits from the past 10 years and her own personal faves can be video interludes or dancer interludes or whatever :bad:

I was talking to some friends last night who had just been at a Depeche Mode concert and they said Madonna is the only legend still missing in their list because they are no real fans and the tickets are too expensive for their taste  but they would totally pay for a GH tour ticket. I guess that applies for a lot of people.