MadonnaNation.com Forums
LHakaLH

Hypothetical: Madonna Stadium Tour 2018-19

She should release a new album for 2018, when she's about to turn 60 and celebrate her birthday by kicking off another big stadium tour a la S&S. Show the haters she can still go strong at 60.

Here's the setlist

01. VIDEO INTRODUCTION: The Beast Within (Video shows the construction of an androidal M. Think Garbage's The World is Not Enough) (Includes elements of Best Night, Heartbeat, Act of Contrition, Living for Love & Iconic)
02. New Song
03. New Song
04. Hollywood (On electric guitar)
05. Hung Up
06. Everybody (Stuart Price remix, with elements of Jump, Turn Up The Radio, Celebration & Where's The Party)

06. VIDEO INTERLUDE: Bedtime Story (Shows a naked Madonna floating on space interspersed with molecules & DNA) (Slower version of the Dan-O-Rama remix, includes elements of I'm Addicted & Ghosttown)

07. Girl Gone Wild
08. New Song
09. Causing a Commotion (On electric guitar)
10. New Song
11. Like a Virgin (with elements of Bitch I'm Madonna & Unapologetic Bitch)

12. VIDEO INTERLUDE: Rescue Me (Features Madonna running away, and eventually getting captured by a man in a wandering gypsy wagon) (Includes elements of Human Nature)

13. New Song
14. New Song
15. Into The Groove (starts with an introduction of Beautiful Stranger, includes elements of Future Lovers, Fever, Lucky Star, Britney's I Wanna Go, MJ's Wanna Be Startin' Somethin & JAM, Mariah's Touch My Body & Revolver)
16. Open Your Heart (includes elements of Janis Joplin's Me & Bobby McGee & Janet's Doesn't Really Matter)
17. Ray of Light (Dance along version)
18. Hard Candy Medley: Candy Shop / 4 Minutes
19. Crazy For You 

20. VIDEO INTERLUDE: What It Feels Like for a Girl (Shows images of famous political women through history as well as ageist headlines regarding Madonna) (Remix, includes elements of Bad Girl, Material Girl, Veni Vidi Vici & Beautiful Killer)

21. New Song
22. Like a Prayer (remix)
23. Music
24. Deeper & Deeper (Begins with a fragment of "Rain". Includes elements of Get Together)
25. New Song
26. New Song

27. VIDEO INTRO: Bitch I'm Madonna.

28. Bitch I'm Madonna
29. Holiday
30. New Song

Drag me all you want, but unless this is heavily promoted as a Greatest Hits Tour with only 30~40 dates, she can't pull off a stadium tour at this point. She hasn't had a hit for almost a decade, her current public image is not good, she has been notoriously late, she has been touring regularly and RHT wasn't an instant sold-out tour. She needs to build up demand, otherwise a full blown stadium tour a la S&S will bomb. 

Related image

Yeah, the realist in me agrees that it would probably need to be (and should be) a greatest hits concept. And marketed as such. 
And quite frankly, at nearly 60 years old, at 35+ years in the game, she's earned the right to do one. No shame in it. At all.

All that being said, if she just did arena tours on the level of RH, and focused on newer work...I'd be happy with that too.

All MADONNA has to do to instantly sell out dates is to promote her next tour as a farewell tour... but i know most of us wouldn't like that idea...

They'll be no tour next year.

The film hasn't even be shot yet:

She 's not touring BEFORE 2020. U can quote me on that.

8 hours ago, loowee said:

Drag me all you want, but unless this is heavily promoted as a Greatest Hits Tour with only 30~40 dates, she can't pull off a stadium tour at this point. She hasn't had a hit for almost a decade, her current public image is not good, she has been notoriously late, she has been touring regularly and RHT wasn't an instant sold-out tour. She needs to build up demand, otherwise a full blown stadium tour a la S&S will bomb. 

Related image

tumblr_inline_nxj08l1K4J1rgwj44_500.gif

7 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Yeah, the realist in me agrees that it would probably need to be (and should be) a greatest hits concept. And marketed as such. 
And quite frankly, at nearly 60 years old, at 35+ years in the game, she's earned the right to do one. No shame in it. At all.

All that being said, if she just did arena tours on the level of RH, and focused on newer work...I'd be happy with that too.

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

All MADONNA has to do to instantly sell out dates is to promote her next tour as a farewell tour... but i know most of us wouldn't like that idea...

c8cf7c6948ea3f31360b60165463ab47.jpg

She wouldn't fill stadiums now certainly not in the UK

12 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

01. VIDEO INTRODUCTION: The Beast Within (Video shows the construction of an androidal M. Think Garbage's The World is Not Enough) (Includes elements of Best Night, Heartbeat, Act of Contrition, Living for Love & Iconic)
02. New Song
03. New Song
05. Hung Up
06. Everybody (Stuart Price remix, with elements of Jump, Turn Up The Radio, Celebration & Where's The Party)

06. VIDEO INTERLUDE: Bedtime Story (Shows a naked Madonna floating on space interspersed with molecules & DNA) (Slower version of the Dan-O-Rama remix, includes elements of I'm Addicted & Ghosttown)

07. Girl Gone Wild
08. New Song
10. New Song

12. VIDEO INTERLUDE: Rescue Me (Features Madonna running away, and eventually getting captured by a man in a wandering gypsy wagon) (Includes elements of Human Nature)

13. New Song
14. New Song
15. Into The Groove (starts with an introduction of Beautiful Stranger, includes elements of Future Lovers, Fever, Lucky Star, Britney's I Wanna Go, MJ's Wanna Be Startin' Somethin & JAM, Mariah's Touch My Body & Revolver)
16. Open Your Heart (includes elements of Janis Joplin's Me & Bobby McGee & Janet's Doesn't Really Matter)
19. Crazy For You 

20. VIDEO INTERLUDE: What It Feels Like for a Girl (Shows images of famous political women through history as well as ageist headlines regarding Madonna) (Remix, includes elements of Bad Girl, Material Girl, Veni Vidi Vici & Beautiful Killer)

21. New Song
23. Music
24. Deeper & Deeper (Begins with a fragment of "Rain". Includes elements of Get Together)
25. New Song
26. New Song

28. Bitch I'm Madonna
29. Holiday
30. New Song

Are you sure you're not actually Madonna? What a horrible setlist. And that first section :grr: That would really get a stadium jumping :zombie:

I personally love a new songs oriented type of concerts, but I think a greatest hits content would be better and more successful at the moment for a stadium tour. 

There are two other main markets in Mexico that she hasn't tapped, they have better or similar economic and population conditions than some markets in Brasil or Argentina, besides being on the way coming or going from the US. She would absolutely sell stadium dates there. 

13 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

She should release a new album for 2018, when she's about to turn 60 and celebrate her birthday by kicking off another big stadium tour a la S&S. Show the haters she can still go strong at 60.

Here's the setlist

02. New Song
03. New Song
05. Hung Up

07. Girl Gone Wild
08. New Song
10. New Song

13. New Song
14. New Song
19. Crazy For You 

21. New Song
23. Music
25. New Song
26. New Song

28. Bitch I'm Madonna
29. Holiday
30. New Song

:blink:

WHAT is this setlist? There is just WAAAAAY too much going on here and WAAAAAY too many samples/mash ups. I'm sorry. 

Hollywood and CAC on ELECTRIC GUITAR? Yikes. 

And yes, I agree with the above statements that there's no way on any planet she would sell out stadiums at this point. She's just not the touring attraction she was ten years ago. That's not a slam towards Madonna, it's just factually accurate. I have no doubt the next tour will be hit heavy and promoted as such. And that's totally fine at this point in her career. 

54 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

:blink:

WHAT is this setlist? There is just WAAAAAY too much going on here and WAAAAAY too many samples/mash ups. I'm sorry. 

And yes, I agree with the above statements that there's no way on any planet she would sell out stadiums at this point. She's just not the touring attraction she was ten years ago. That's not a slam towards Madonna, it's just factually accurate. I have no doubt the next tour will be hit heavy and promoted as such. And that's totally fine at this point in her career. 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Are you sure you're not actually Madonna? What a horrible setlist. And that first section :grr: That would really get a stadium jumping :zombie:

Why is it a bad setlist?

The setlist IS a mess. 

Beast Within Intro AGAIN? No

Bedtime Story video interlude AGAIN? No. 

Songs with samples of 14 other songs? No. 

I agree with the sentiment that she won't be touring stadiums again until a GH/Farewell type tour. 

15 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Here's the setlist

02. New Song
03. New Song
05. Hung Up

07. Girl Gone Wild
08. New Song
10. New Song

13. New Song
14. New Song
19. Crazy For You 

21. New Song
23. Music
25. New Song
26. New Song

28. Bitch I'm Madonna
29. Holiday
30. New Song

14314799.gif

THANK YOU for not ignoring Hard Candy!

I like that you picked some huge crowd pleasers like: Holiday, LAP, Music, ROL, OYH, LAV and HU. That's on point.

2c22556b88935f99ed49bfacc94240ac.gif

Personally, I think that 10 new songs from the same album may be overkill. I would prefer between 6 and 8 tracks. And too many elements of other songs, as someone mentioned, may take away from the overall experience.

I loved CAC's inclusion but keep it miles away from a guitar please. 

300e7f0773b89e8d15f37a1bc00d8c22.gif

You have good ideas but maybe too many of them at the same time. 

I know you're probably...

tumblr_inline_nhaoz3slcl1r1ign5.gif

I just wanted to give my two cents... :smooch:

1 hour ago, LHakaLH said:

Why is it a bad setlist?

It's... ambitious. I'll give you that. 

But it's just too much. Too many samples. Too many other songs from other artists that are within or mashed up with songs of hers that stand out fine on their own. And I don't want that electric guitar savaging any more of her own songs ever again. It was fine on Burning up, but that's about it. 

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

I can't wait to bump this comment after the opening show of Madonna Stadium Tour 2018-19, where she does CAC on electric guitar for sure! :rotfl:

32 minutes ago, mnino said:

All your gifs! :lmao:

15 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

12. VIDEO INTERLUDE: Rescue Me (Features Madonna running away, and eventually getting captured by a man in a wandering gypsy wagon

tumblr_orikjwjHX51ql5yr7o1_500.gif

41 minutes ago, mnino said:

14314799.gif

THANK YOU for not ignoring Hard Candy!

I like that you picked some huge crowd pleasers like: Holiday, LAP, Music, ROL, OYH, LAV and HU. That's on point.

2c22556b88935f99ed49bfacc94240ac.gif

Personally, I think that 10 new songs from the same album may be overkill. I would prefer between 6 and 8 tracks. And too many elements of other songs, as someone mentioned, may take away from the overall experience.

I loved CAC's inclusion but keep it miles away from a guitar please. 

300e7f0773b89e8d15f37a1bc00d8c22.gif

You have good ideas but maybe too many of them at the same time. 

I know you're probably...

tumblr_inline_nhaoz3slcl1r1ign5.gif

I just wanted to give my two cents... :smooch:

Well Rebel Heart Tour had 13 RH tracks (12 if you don't count Ghosttown) so..

3 minutes ago, SPM said:

tumblr_orikjwjHX51ql5yr7o1_500.gif

??

14 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

Well Rebel Heart Tour had 13 RH tracks (12 if you don't count Ghosttown) so..

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, acko said:

She 's not touring BEFORE 2020. U can quote me on that.

You could be right.

The film hasn't been shot yet and there is a possibility it won't start until next year.

4 hours ago, Confessit said:

You could be right.

The film hasn't been shot yet and there is a possibility it won't start until next year.

She will tour in 2019 & possibly into 2020, no later than 2020 though.

Film the new film : Fall 2017

Edit : First half of 2018

Edit/Record Album/Premiere Film : Second half of 2018

Release New Album/Film : Early 2019

Tour : Summer 2019

So basically will follow same formula as W.E/MDNA