Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XXL

BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

 

One compulsive liar praising another compulsive liar.   This world is a scary awful place with another inept, horrible, lying and offensive buffoon becoming a nation's leader. It really is beyond a joke and quite terrifying.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is clearly a bit of a buffoon, doesn't seem take himself that seriously and doesn't really epitomise the competence you would expect from someone of power, but that's all I really get from him. He doesn't really strike me as someone who is fearlessly radical, dangerous or extreme. I don't really know too much about him, other than he's a conservative with fairly liberal views, as with most right wing politicians here (I suppose you'd get more traditional viewpoints from politicians across the pond).

But a lot of more biased articles I've read about him tend to paint him as some mad man... without actually being able to explain why.

I just think the UK is so distracted by Brexit, understandably so, that I think it may taint our view of any politician that becomes PM, depending on their stance or their ability to deliver it.

To be fair, I've never really spoken too much where I lie politically, I'm fairly left wing, so Boris is generally less than ideal.

I'm not a fan of Boris myself (mainly due to his clown like stance and lazy approach) but one thing I am happier about with him compared to May is that he is willing to actually engage with the public.

He is definitely not like Trump though, that is obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK and Ireland look so beautiful from pics I've seen online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 2:23 AM, BrendanT1993 said:

He is clearly a bit of a buffoon, doesn't seem take himself that seriously and doesn't really epitomise the competence you would expect from someone of power, but that's all I really get from him. He doesn't really strike me as someone who is fearlessly radical, dangerous or extreme. I don't really know too much about him, other than he's a conservative with fairly liberal views, as with most right wing politicians here (I suppose you'd get more traditional viewpoints from politicians across the pond).

But a lot of more biased articles I've read about him tend to paint him as some mad man... without actually being able to explain why.

I just think the UK is so distracted by Brexit, understandably so, that I think it may taint our view of any politician that becomes PM, depending on their stance or their ability to deliver it.

To be fair, I've never really spoken too much where I lie politically, I'm fairly left wing, so Boris is generally less than ideal.

I'm not a fan of Boris myself (mainly due to his clown like stance and lazy approach) but one thing I am happier about with him compared to May is that he is willing to actually engage with the public.

He is definitely not like Trump though, that is obvious.

Are you for real? (although let's face it, your history on the board suggests you're actually NOT...)

It’s this kind of faux-bipartisan nonsense that allows these kinds of people to get into positions of power.

Let’s see, off the top of my head - he conspired with one of his friends to have a journalist beaten up, is a serial liar and philanderer who refuses to confirm how many children he’s fathered, been fired from The Times, called black people “piccaninnies” with “water melon smiles”, called muslim women letterboxes and bank robbers called gays “tanktop-wearing bum boys”, been widely derided as the worst foreign secretary EVER typified when he bungled the release of Nazarene Ratcliffe who still languishes in an Iranian jail thanks to him, joked about clearing Libyan dead bodies from beaches, insulted child abuse victims ETC ETC ETC and lest we forget he led the very 'Vote Leave' campaign on the back of the "Turkish are coming" and '£350 mil for the NHS' bullshit that has the country in the shitshow it's in now.

And then more recently the UK Ambassador to the US' resignation after Bozo failed to back him against Trump, calling the French "turds" and only yesterday dropping the investigation into that Tory cunt who grabbed that Greenpeace woman by the neck a few weeks ago. We won't even go into the complete intransigence he's showing right now towards Europe and Ireland in particular.

At least May was just your everyday garden variety Tory psychopath. THIS one with the bumbling clown act barely disguising his racism and misogyny is much more insidious as typified by his newly appointed extreme right wing cabinet full of the dangerously incompetent dregs of the Tory party and overseen by the same unelected career psychopath Dominic Cummings who ran the (illegal) Brexit leave campaign.

As for being willing to engage with the public, the reason #backdoorboris was trending all day yesterday was because he sneaked out the back door to avoid doing just that after receiving THIS welcome in Scotland.

And a nice close up of Sturgeon's utter disdain for the silly prick as he tries to usher her into her own residence...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:rotfl:

I love Kim's readings on UK politics. 

On the other hand I'm appalled at the absolute low level of most of the political leaders in the world. For the first time in my life I'm avoiding news, just to save me the embarrassment and despair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim said:

Are you for real? (although let's face it, your history on the board suggests you're actually NOT...)

It’s this kind of faux-bipartisan nonsense that allows these kinds of people to get into positions of power.

Let’s see, off the top of my head - he conspired with one of his friends to have a journalist beaten up, is a serial liar and philanderer who refuses to confirm how many children he’s fathered, been fired from The Times, called black people “piccaninnies” with “water melon smiles”, called muslim women letterboxes and bank robbers called gays “tanktop-wearing bum boys”, been widely derided as the worst foreign secretary EVER typified when he bungled the release of Nazarene Ratcliffe who still languishes in an Iranian jail thanks to him, joked about clearing Libyan dead bodies from beaches, insulted child abuse victims ETC ETC ETC and lest we forget he led the very 'Vote Leave' campaign on the back of the "Turkish are coming" and '£350 mil for the NHS' bullshit that has the country in the shitshow it's in now.

And then more recently the UK Ambassador to the US' resignation after Bozo failed to back him against Trump, calling the French "turds" and only yesterday dropping the investigation into that Tory cunt who grabbed that Greenpeace woman by the neck a few weeks ago. We won't even go into the complete intransigence he's showing right now towards Europe and Ireland in particular.

At least May was just your everyday garden variety Tory psychopath. THIS one with the bumbling clown act barely disguising his racism and misogyny is much more insidious as typified by his newly appointed extreme right wing cabinet full of the dangerously incompetent dregs of the Tory party and overseen by the same unelected career psychopath Dominic Cummings who ran the (illegal) Brexit leave campaign.

As for being willing to engage with the public, the reason #backdoorboris was trending all day yesterday was because he sneaked out the back door to avoid doing just that after receiving THIS welcome in Scotland.

And a nice close up of Sturgeon's utter disdain for the silly prick as he tries to usher her into her own residence...

 

:clap:  So true.   Those so called "idiotic buffoons"  who people don't take seriously,  do the most damage of all.  When people don't realize just how dangerous, inept and cunning they are because they think they are too stupid to do damage,  the more damage they do.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:clap:  So true.   Those so called "idiotic buffoons"  who people don't take seriously,  do the most damage of all.  When people don't realize just how dangerous, inept and cunning they are because they think they are too stupid to do damage,  the more damage they do.   

Totally. In fact, Bozo somewhat addressed this himself a few years ago before going on to use the exact same tactic himself. 

Boris Johnson - praising the elections strategy of his supporter, the Aussie election guru Lynton Crosby. He wrote in 2013:

“Let us suppose you are losing an argument. The facts are overwhelmingly against you, and the more people focus on the reality the worse it is for you and your case. Your best bet in these circumstances is to perform a manoeuvre that a great campaigner describes as “throwing a dead cat on the table, mate” That is because there is one thing that is absolutely certain about throwing a dead cat on the dining room table – and I don’t mean that people will be outraged, alarmed, disgusted. That is true, but irrelevant. The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout ‘Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!’. In other words they will be talking about the dead cat, the thing you want them to talk about, and they will not be talking about the issue that has been causing you so much grief.”

Hence all this diverting bullshit (that certains parts of the electorate lap up)...

bozo.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kim said:

Totally. In fact, Bozo somewhat addressed this himself a few years ago before going on to use the exact same tactic himself. 

Boris Johnson - praising the elections strategy of his supporter, the Aussie election guru Lynton Crosby. He wrote in 2013:

“Let us suppose you are losing an argument. The facts are overwhelmingly against you, and the more people focus on the reality the worse it is for you and your case. Your best bet in these circumstances is to perform a manoeuvre that a great campaigner describes as “throwing a dead cat on the table, mate” That is because there is one thing that is absolutely certain about throwing a dead cat on the dining room table – and I don’t mean that people will be outraged, alarmed, disgusted. That is true, but irrelevant. The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout ‘Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!’. In other words they will be talking about the dead cat, the thing you want them to talk about, and they will not be talking about the issue that has been causing you so much grief.”

Hence all this diverting bullshit (that certains parts of the electorate lap up)...

bozo.jpg

 

Says it all and is incredibly frightening.  People fall for it too. 

Same with Trump.  His horrible racist attack on the democratic women was so calculated.  There is a definite method in his madness.  He gets his core base excited and the discussions about his vile racism takes the attention away from his policies, straight out lies and criminal conduct.  It is insidious and terrifying.  Even more so to think that so many share the same racism.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, this clueless gurning clown isn't part of a hilarious comedy sketch, it's the new International Trade Secretary. What a fucking embarrassment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the Eton brigade ever cease to suck the life out of the land they deceitfully profess to love more than anything, fucking up people's lives in the process over and over again?

Will Scotland finally dislodge itself from poisonous England's influence?

Somehow I feel we have not fully reached rock bottom yet, although it may seem that way by the likes of whom leads the armpit of Europe as each PM washes off his/her hands in resignement.

Sorry, very depressed the whole Brexit malarkey shittery makes me feel as each day passes. Sometimes I can saracastically laugh at it, but the dread is always there and looking around in the world politics scenario it all feels worse and doomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

Will the Eton brigade ever cease to suck the life out of the land they deceitfully profess to love more than anything, fucking up people's lives in the process over and over again?

Will Scotland finally dislodge itself from poisonous England's influence?

Somehow I feel we have not fully reached rock bottom yet, although it may seem that way by the likes of whom leads the armpit of Europe as each PM washes off his/her hands in resignement.

Sorry, very depressed the whole Brexit malarkey shittery makes me feel as each day passes. Sometimes I can saracastically laugh at it, but the dread is always there and looking around in the world politics scenario it all feels worse and doomed.

Well, with government guidance on food shortages, civil unrest and the return of Irish terrorism now being formally issued (irrespective of whether it's a scare tactic to get Europe to blink first) ....all indicators are pointing to it only getting worse.

I do wonder if that's what the filthy racists (you know who you are) who voted for Brexit actually wanted, for Britain to become the arsehole of the world? Probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kim said:

No, this clueless gurning clown isn't part of a hilarious comedy sketch, it's the new International Trade Secretary. What a fucking embarrassment.

 

:rotfl:

The smile to expect clapping

Yorkshire tea! As if tea grew in Europe :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still shocked the Brits will leave the EU...it makes me sad 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kim said:

No, this clueless gurning clown isn't part of a hilarious comedy sketch, it's the new International Trade Secretary. What a fucking embarrassment.

 

OMG.  This is embarrassing.   She is acting like a moron three sheets to the wind who is just smiling like a deranged Stepford wife in between talking and waiting for applause.  

How about her finding importing apples, pears and cheese a disgrace and saying it like she is delivering a performance for an elocution teacher and trying to sound angry.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

OMG.  This is embarrassing.   She is acting like a moron three sheets to the wind who is just smiling like a deranged Stepford wife in between talking and waiting for applause.  

How about her finding importing apples, pears and cheese a disgrace and saying it like she is delivering a performance for an elocution teacher and trying to sound angry.  

She's thick as shit and everything she's saying is lies anyway, but in this post-truth world you can say any old shite and get away with it. Just playing to her audience, although I'm sure Carol and Brian from Grimsby will be raging when they find out their Yorkshire Tea ain't actually grown in Yorkshire!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stranger 68 said:

I'm still shocked the Brits will leave the EU...it makes me sad 😥

It's not signed and sealed yet hun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kim said:

She's thick as shit and everything she's saying is lies anyway, but in this post-truth world you can say any old shite and get away with it. Just playing to her audience, although I'm sure Carol and Brian from Grimsby will be raging when they find out their Yorkshire Tea ain't actually grown in Yorkshire!

Like you said before,   would swear it was a comedy sketch.   The fact this is real is mind boggling.  This is the new scary world of politics though.  People can say whatever they think their core target base will want to hear or say what they think will scare or outrage them - does not matter about the facts or truth -  and they are not even called out much anymore.  It is like an alternative universe where politicians are not held accountable for anything and can lie continually without any fear.  Even when it is proven they are talking garbage,  they don't even have to explain themselves.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, Kim said:

Are you for real? (although let's face it, your history on the board suggests you're actually NOT...)

It’s this kind of faux-bipartisan nonsense that allows these kinds of people to get into positions of power.

Let’s see, off the top of my head - he conspired with one of his friends to have a journalist beaten up, is a serial liar and philanderer who refuses to confirm how many children he’s fathered, been fired from The Times, called black people “piccaninnies” with “water melon smiles”, called muslim women letterboxes and bank robbers called gays “tanktop-wearing bum boys”, been widely derided as the worst foreign secretary EVER typified when he bungled the release of Nazarene Ratcliffe who still languishes in an Iranian jail thanks to him, joked about clearing Libyan dead bodies from beaches, insulted child abuse victims ETC ETC ETC and lest we forget he led the very 'Vote Leave' campaign on the back of the "Turkish are coming" and '£350 mil for the NHS' bullshit that has the country in the shitshow it's in now.

And then more recently the UK Ambassador to the US' resignation after Bozo failed to back him against Trump, calling the French "turds" and only yesterday dropping the investigation into that Tory cunt who grabbed that Greenpeace woman by the neck a few weeks ago. We won't even go into the complete intransigence he's showing right now towards Europe and Ireland in particular.

At least May was just your everyday garden variety Tory psychopath. THIS one with the bumbling clown act barely disguising his racism and misogyny is much more insidious as typified by his newly appointed extreme right wing cabinet full of the dangerously incompetent dregs of the Tory party and overseen by the same unelected career psychopath Dominic Cummings who ran the (illegal) Brexit leave campaign.

As for being willing to engage with the public, the reason #backdoorboris was trending all day yesterday was because he sneaked out the back door to avoid doing just that after receiving THIS welcome in Scotland.

And a nice close up of Sturgeon's utter disdain for the silly prick as he tries to usher her into her own residence...

 

 

Totally agree. He's even worse than May. Or that Jeremy Hunt. Way worse. And that says it all really

His faux erudition and him quoting Latin makes me laugh. He's another full on moron. The typical star of a rug press genre of audience

As a Foreign Secretary to say what he said, did and his general disposition were absolutely appalling is the understatement of the century. Totally incompetent to the point of being dangerous. Not radical and easily swayed my ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 3:21 PM, Kim said:

Totally. In fact, Bozo somewhat addressed this himself a few years ago before going on to use the exact same tactic himself. 

Boris Johnson - praising the elections strategy of his supporter, the Aussie election guru Lynton Crosby. He wrote in 2013:

“Let us suppose you are losing an argument. The facts are overwhelmingly against you, and the more people focus on the reality the worse it is for you and your case. Your best bet in these circumstances is to perform a manoeuvre that a great campaigner describes as “throwing a dead cat on the table, mate” That is because there is one thing that is absolutely certain about throwing a dead cat on the dining room table – and I don’t mean that people will be outraged, alarmed, disgusted. That is true, but irrelevant. The key point, says my Australian friend, is that everyone will shout ‘Jeez, mate, there’s a dead cat on the table!’. In other words they will be talking about the dead cat, the thing you want them to talk about, and they will not be talking about the issue that has been causing you so much grief.”

Hence all this diverting bullshit (that certains parts of the electorate lap up)...

bozo.jpg

 

 

:scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Oliver did a very illuminating piece on Boris Johnson on his show last week. Can’t recommend it enough. 

 

Btw, Backdoor Boris ... I seriously lolz-ed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesco to cut 4,500 jobs across 153 Metro stores
 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49239916

 

Supermarket giant Tesco says about 4,500 staff in 153 Tesco Metro stores are set to lose their jobs in the latest round of redundancies.

The UK's largest grocer said changes to the way the stores operated would "serve shoppers better" and help to "run our business more sustainably".

It said the stores were operating in an increasingly competitive and challenging retail environment.

Tesco boss Jason Tarry said the firm did not take the jobs decision lightly.

 

 

'Cost pressures'

The company said the Metro format was originally designed for larger, weekly shops, but now nearly 70% of customers used them as convenience stores, buying food for that day. Tesco, which employs about 340,000 people in the UK and Republic of Ireland, said that changes to the stores would now include: "faster and simpler" ways of filling shelves, with fewer products stored in the back rooms and more stock going straight to the shop floor staff working "more flexibly" across the store to improve customer service at the busiest times of the day and in the right areas of the store "leaner" management structure.

"In a challenging, evolving retail environment, with increasing cost pressures, we have to continue to review the way we run our stores to ensure we reflect the way our customers are shopping and do so in the most efficient way," Mr Tarry added.

 

Tesco Metro shops are sized between Tesco superstores and Tesco Express shops. They first opened in 1994. Tesco raises prices on 1,000 products. Tesco profits jump in uncertain market. Tesco counter cost cuts to hit 9,000 jobs. It is also making some changes in 134 of its 1,750 Express stores, where customer footfall is lower. Changes in those stores will include "a slight reduction in opening hours during quieter trading periods at the start and end of the day, and simplifying stock routines".

Tesco is in the midst of trying to save £1.5bn as the competition between supermarkets intensifies. It comes as German budget rivals Aldi and Lidl continue to put pressure on the big four supermarkets. In January, Tesco announced it would close food counters in 90 of its stores as part of a wider cost-cutting plan that would affect 9,000 staff. Tesco said then that its remaining fish, meat and deli counters in 700 stores would be run on a full-time or flexible basis.

It has also opened a discount chain, Jack's, to take on its German rivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Passengers were shut out of some of the country’s busiest train stations during the Friday evening rush hour after large parts of England and Wales were left without electricity following a major power cut Transport chaos across England and Wales after major power cuts

 

 

 

Transport and communications infrastructure, homes and businesses suffered power cuts this evening in large parts of the country. The National Grid said issues with two generators brought blackouts to London and the South east as well as the Midlands, the South West and Wales, the North East and North west of England too. They said the issue was 'now resolved'. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lmao:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

:scared:  :scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sterling plummets from £1.32 in June 2016 to £1.06 against the Euro today. Looks like parity long before October 31 No Deal. On the other side of No Deal where will Sterling be? And what turmoil awaits the London Stock Market?

No photo description available.

I predict a recession but of course it wont be declared til after 'Brexit then the blame will be put - wrongly onto EU as has been attempted for the past 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so funny to watch the English TV channels, including BBC World, which appears to have become a propaganda tool for the current government. Maybe it has always been, but much of their current political reports are far from award winning. And considering the audience they are catering to are foreigners, it's borderline embarassing and laughable at times. Especially their reporting on the Brexit. All the reporting is like watching the twilight zone. All these politicians still pretending the EU is highly dependable on the the UK market, while the UK doesn't really need the EU at all. Hence the Brexit. All statistcs, all projections say otherwise. Someone, I don't remember who it was, said, that when it eomes to economics there are always several opinions and forecasts. But in regards to Brexit everyone from scholars to Business leaders says the same. That is downright scary. Even more scary that people still do not listen. They should not say, they have not been warned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...