MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XXL

BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

Kim    0

The only hope for her to go SOON is if the talks with that terrorist sympathiser group she's doing a deal with fails. Votes of no confidence, leadership races etc will be too destabilising for the Tories and possibly lead to another general election which they most definitely don't want, so they'll keep her in place, but she has absolutely no real power anymore and will be dictated to from within.

XXL    0

Defence Secretary Michael Fallon: We don't have to agree with the DUP's social views to form a government with them :blink::semifunny:

karbatal    0
On 2017-6-12 at 5:44 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Love it !     About time, she finally copped some criticism.  

Also laughing my head off at some right wing "Journalists"  .  They defended Donald Trump on his comments about women and blamed "feminists"  but now are preaching and crying over supposed "sexism"  about Theresa May.  Then in the same articles, the call Jeremy Corbyn an illiterate old clown and terrorist sympathiser.  The same journalists who also hate virtually every female entertainer with a passion.  Yet one word against Theresa and they are crying sexism.  Have they forgotten everything they have said about other women for years ? They are raving and raging and I love it.  

What I don't understand is why for the past 20 years libel and missinformation isn't punished by law. I mean, you can't publish that Corbyn is a terrorism sympathiser, that's difamation and it's against the law. 

Last week some Conservative stupid politician in Spain called the members of the Chambers that belong to a far-left party  "pedophiles". I was appalled. How can they say that and then nothing happens? 

I am so disgusted with politics and press right now, I wish I could change and live in another country and work in some rural house rising heifers, to be quite honest. 

MeakMaker    0
3 hours ago, karbatal said:

What I don't understand is why for the past 20 years libel and missinformation isn't punished by law. I mean, you can't publish that Corbyn is a terrorism sympathiser, that's difamation and it's against the law. 

Last week some Conservative stupid politician in Spain called the members of the Chambers that belong to a far-left party  "pedophiles". I was appalled. How can they say that and then nothing happens? 

I am so disgusted with politics and press right now, I wish I could change and live in another country and work in some rural house rising heifers, to be quite honest. 

You talking about tabloids though. Everybody knows it's rubbish and no one would take that seriously. And we all know how nasty people get and they would say anything to shake off the blame, to point fingers and singlehandedly destroy anyone who opposes them. 

you believe what you want to believe 

karbatal    0
On 2017-6-13 at 8:33 PM, Hector said:

tumblr_inline_mx7cztPC2G1qhxoyk.gif

Je5u5    0

This friday this British guy was chatting to a friend from Poland and me in a club. From what he said he's been living in Madrid for a while so we got into the whole Brexit thing and the guy says the downside is that the poles might potentially leave as "somebody's got to keep the toilet cleans". Felt so much second hand embarrassment. I know such xenophobic remark doesn't represent all brits but reminded me why things have gotten to this point there.

pieciolot    0
2 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

This friday this British guy was chatting to a friend from Poland and me in a club. From what he said he's been living in Madrid for a while so we got into the whole Brexit thing and the guy says the downside is that the poles might potentially leave as "somebody's got to keep the toilet cleans". Felt so much second hand embarrassment. I know such xenophobic remark doesn't represent all brits but reminded me why things have gotten to this point there.

Well the Brits voted for Brexit, so they can start cleaning the toilets themselves. Ignorant idiots.

Just now, Je5u5 said:

but that´s the typical stupid thing that people in any country say about other people living there...

Kim    0
On 2017-6-18 at 7:14 PM, Je5u5 said:

Well I hope you mentioned to that 'British' guy (after kicking his balls) that the only reason he's so easily living and working in Madrid is thanks to EU freedom of movement. 

But not to worry, they're already talking about 'barista visas' so we'll still have people to serve our coffee to us, and 'summer visas' so we'll still have people to come over and pick strawberries for 12 hours a day for 7 quid an hour, and 'nursing visas' so we'll still have people to come across and wipe the arses of our sick and elderly etc etc. Which begs the question...why even bother?

What a CARRY ON...

XXL    0
On 18/06/2017 at 8:14 PM, Je5u5 said:

This is exactly the type of attitude that makes my blood boil

And like Promise To Try said it's the same attitude you can see in many countries where you have people coming from abroad to find work there

How can some people be so annoyingly patronising and ignorant in the year 2017?

Racist, xenophobic etc etc

XXL    0
39 minutes ago, Kim said:

But not to worry, they're already talking about 'barista visas' so we'll still have people to serve our coffee to us, and 'summer visas' so we'll still have people to come over and pick strawberries for 12 hours a day for 7 quid an hour, and 'nursing visas' so we'll still have people to come across and wipe the arses of our sick and elderly etc etc. Which begs the question...why even bother?

What a CARRY ON...

:chuckle: 

XXL    0
5 hours ago, pjcowley said:

:chuckle: 

XXL    0

Some very good points raised in this RT panel debate

Is the UK in crisis? In the wake of a series of deadly terrorist attacks, a hung parliament and the horrific human tragedy of the Grenfell Tower, as well as the burning issue of Brexit, many are asking if the ruling elites are out of touch.

Panel:

Steve Keen  professor of Economics at Kingston University in London

Marcus Papadopoulos  Editor of Politics First Magazine

Steven Fielding Professor of Political History at the University of Nottingham

karbatal    0

The real enemy are the ruling elites. In the UK,  in Spain,  France,  Germany,  USA... 

But as Nirvana said,  in the most insightful and clairvoyant lyrics ever, "here we are now,  entertain us".  And we argue nonstop about sterile issues while they laugh.  

Kim    0
17 hours ago, pjcowley said:

This isn't the first time Eddie Mair has eviscerated BOZO the clown. And people want THAT as next PM?!

"You're a NASTY piece of work, aren't you?"

MeakMaker    0
9 hours ago, karbatal said:

The real enemy are the ruling elites. In the UK,  in Spain,  France,  Germany,  USA... 

But as Nirvana said,  in the most insightful and clairvoyant lyrics ever, "here we are now,  entertain us".  And we argue nonstop about sterile issues while they laugh.  

Exactly. The major problem is inequality in our societies but everybody seems to be stuck moaning about immigration. It just doesn't make sense.

Kim    0
2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Exactly. The major problem is inequality in our societies but everybody seems to be stuck moaning about immigration. It just doesn't make sense.

Because when poorer people, who are the ones affected most by inequality of course, are constantly bombarded with right wing propaganda from their daily newspapers, from some of their elected representatives, from the hate speech of Katie Hopkins, Melanie Philips and the like (who inexplicably keep getting airtime on primetime UK TV) telling them that the REASON they're poor is due to immigrants, then yes, it does make sense.

It's about time the mainstream media in this country got a kick up the arse about their right wing bias. It's despicable.

MeakMaker    0
1 hour ago, Kim said:

Because when poorer people, who are the ones affected most by inequality of course, are constantly bombarded with right wing propaganda from their daily newspapers, from some of their elected representatives, from the hate speech of Katie Hopkins, Melanie Philips and the like (who inexplicably keep getting airtime on primetime UK TV) telling them that the REASON they're poor is due to immigrants, then yes, it does make sense.

It's about time the mainstream media in this country got a kick up the arse about their right wing bias. It's despicable.

Yes I totally see it but it's still perplexing to me that people can't see through that.  Of course the wealthy are not stupid and know how to pull the strings with their mass media brainwashing machine but are people that stupid? Or are they simply evil? Or only ignorant? When are they going to wake up? If Brexit does turn out to be a real tragedy for this country economically and people are going to suffer in the process who are they going to blame then? When you start on the wrong path it gets easier to follow the same logic after all. I see hope in Jeremy Corbyn but for him to be in power he will need a coalition; Labour alone won't win a full majority. And he said many times that he won't accept a coalition. This country is so divided that I can't see people to come together and fight the system.

Jazzy Jan    0
3 hours ago, Kim said:

Agree 100 %   People continually under-estimate how much power the right wing media has when their views are continually pounded on people. People like Murdoch and his fellow billionaires that own most of the papers plus the right wing trash that he hires to help spin his views and messages are so damaging .  I have been astounded at the amount of people that blindly believe everything they read - whether it be celebrity gossip or political and cultural issues.

Just recently for example, there was front page articles in Murdoch's Herald Scum a few months back on schools wanting to ban fairy tales for children as they are politically incorrect.  People naturally and rightly got riled up and angry and the attention turned to how "the latte drinking elite"  were talking over our lives.  Truth is, there was a "suggestion"  about that issue by one person out of many in a study on school education and it was shot down by everyone else on the board who did not agree. Was not even considered.  Our Labor government stressed that it was not any part of their policy at all but just a passing suggestion by one person that was ignored.  But it sure made a good point to convince the public that we were all being ruled by the PC police - over one rejected opinion.  Then they media tell us all that is why we need people like Pauline Hanson etc to fight the politically correct.   It is so manipulative and wrong.