BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

XXL

8 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Well, the UK can't mock America for Trump now. Voting Boris in a landslide win is appalling. The world is a fucked up scary place.  How can that stupid, racist, idiotic and heartless Buffoon be the overwhelming choice ? The United States, Brazil, Australia and now the UK. Beyond disgusted at how the hard right have taken over. 

Honestly I'm speechless that this is where we are.

It is a very clear mandate for Brexit though so I no longer have any sympathy for the UK. They clearly made their choice. Let them crash out with a no deal and they can deal with the consequences. I wonder how long until Ireland and Scotland seek independence.

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

😂 Bet Lynch telling it like it is. 

Have to say, it's weird at work. Nobody is discussing it. They're just going on about last night's Christmas party and football. Younger demographic perhaps but strange. In my old job, when brexit happened people were in shock and everyone talking about it.

7 hours ago, Napoléon said:

It is a very clear mandate for Brexit though so I no longer have any sympathy for the UK. They clearly made their choice. Let them crash out with a no deal and they can deal with the consequences. I wonder how long until Ireland and Scotland seek independence.

But there's a lot of people there who think otherwise. To be fair, I'm very sad for all. 

A rigged election from the beginning. Britain once again on course to live through at least 15 years now of Tories regime.

The only (mildly) positives, really to try and dig very hard something good out of this gigantic pile of Tories shite:

• Nothing for Fuckage, serves him right. May he vanish into oblivion once for all.
  • Jeremy Corbyn out. He really needed to horribly loose to get the message. Unfortunately he was a useless, divisive, stubborn non-leader, who shot himself on the foot countless times with his utterly stupid declarations, and in turn his party. "I did everything I could..." No you didn't. Nor the Liberal dem for that matter. Useless the lot of them.
  • SNP seats majority in Scotland.

FatBuffoon John🚽son will impose the hard-exit out of the EU his tax dodgers chums and Donald Turd wanted. Chums, scum - same garbage. How the hard-exit will be delivered is yet to be seen in all its GORY details, at the expenses of the poorest in the country of course.

Following on the latest results with the SNP out of this pathetic election, will Scotland finally do next year what it should have done five years ago?

Couldn't be prouder that Scotland once again bucked the trend with 80% of seats going to progressive, left of centre SNP. Not at all surprised that the majority of England and Wales continues its right wing slide into backward isolationism and went so hard for the racist buffoon. Grim. 

Tonight in Glasgow

7 hours ago, Kim said:

Couldn't be prouder that Scotland once again bucked the trend with 80% of seats going to progressive, left of centre SNP. Not at all surprised that the majority of England and Wales continues its right wing slide into backward isolationism and went so hard for the racist buffoon. Grim. 

Tonight in Glasgow

To be fair I feel that Nicola is one of the few intelligent and capable politicians nowadays. 

On 12/14/2019 at 12:48 PM, Kim said:

Tonight in Glasgow

Nicola Sturgeon is the best leader in the world at the moment.  Sticks true to her beliefs and has a heart, vision and governs for all.  Wish all leaders had the same strength and heart.  Scotland was the shining light in this election.  

I still am completely shocked that Boris got in by so much in the rest of the UK.  The man is a bumbling dangerous idiot and it is so obvious. He would not even give proper interviews or discussions leading up to the election and yet people voted for him in droves.  Feel so depressed about the world politics.  It is a trend that is going on everywhere in the world.  With Boris and the conservatives getting such a majority of power,  they are now free to implement so much - much more than just Brexit.  If the working and middle classes think the right wingers will look after them,  they are in for a shock.   

On 12/15/2019 at 6:10 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Nicola Sturgeon is the best leader in the world at the moment.  Sticks true to her beliefs and has a heart, vision and governs for all.  Wish all leaders had the same strength and heart.  Scotland was the shining light in this election.  

I still am completely shocked that Boris got in by so much in the rest of the UK.  The man is a bumbling dangerous idiot and it is so obvious. He would not even give proper interviews or discussions leading up to the election and yet people voted for him in droves.  Feel so depressed about the world politics.  It is a trend that is going on everywhere in the world.  With Boris and the conservatives getting such a majority of power,  they are now free to implement so much - much more than just Brexit.  If the working and middle classes think the right wingers will look after them,  they are in for a shock.   

Talking to friends and on Twitter and so many people who were staunch Labour left the party because of Corbyn and momentum. He had the biggest loss of seats in eighty years. I just don't understand why Labour kept him when he was failing at a time when the opposition should have been surging ahead. We're talking about many areas of the country that were Labour heartlands. Many people remember life under Labour in the seventies with strikes, power cuts, four day weeks. That's what Corbyn represented and his young supporters didn't understand.

However, many people are saying it's only temporary and I agree. Once Brexit is done and Labour have a new leader, Boris will lose a lot of support. He's not popular, proven liar, etc. People turn quickly.

I get people are angry, but I've realised that recently, the age of social media has flayed our minds. Now, you're either 100% with someone or something, or you're 100% the enemy. There is no in-between anymore.

Many fully expected Corbyn to stroll into Number 10 and were suddenly shocked to discover that actually, the country at large is a very different place to the woke echo chamber portrayed on Twitter.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:16 PM, Napoléon said:

Same feelings for me

I really would like to know what the people who voted for Johnson and the ones who voted for Brexit in general three and a half years ago think or maybe they don't think at all. After Thatcher's and Blair's alike deindustrialization and wild privatisations policies the UK doesn't produce anything at all, industrially speaking. Its ACTUAL economy pales in comparison to the economies of Germany, France and Italy

Their only source of revenue is the advanced services sector, finance, insurance and a heavily rigged and overpriced property and rent market. That source of revenue can only continue to subsist within the realm of EU membership. It's all a joke really. I bet many people from the countryside and smaller towns are truly deluded enough with their ridiculous empire nostalgia. Too bad