BREXIT / British Politics thread - cont

XXL

7 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Election 2019: stricter checks on EU visitors under border clampdown

I am not subscribed to the Times, hence being as it is behind a pay wall I can only partially reveal the below as I am seeing it, sorry about that:

image.png

EU citizens will no longer be allowed to travel to the UK on national identity cards under the Conservative plan

European citizens will be required to gain US-style pre-approval to enter Britain after Brexit in a fresh border clampdown to be unveiled by the Conservatives today.

In a move to shift the election debate to immigration the Tories will outline plans to make all visitors to Britain receive additional security clearance before they travel.

There is expected to be a charge for the checks, similar to the American Esta system. This requires visitors to gain clearance to enter the country three days before their arrival or be turned back at the airport.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/election-2019-stricter-checks-on-eu-visitors-under-border-clampdown-lnkqthlw9

By the way, one of the people who managed to stop the fucking terrorist asshole last Friday on the London Bridge attack, was a Polish citizen... who got himself injured with multiple stabs from said fucking terrorist while they were buying time to control that worthless turd until the cops arrived and shot the early-released terrorist...

So, while there are assholes in any culture, all this scapegoating against the Europeans has to fucking stop.

:rotfl:

This has to be some election propaganda. 

11 hours ago, karbatal said:

:rotfl:

This has to be some election propaganda. 

Propaganda or not, it doesn't seem so unreal in the climate of blame-it-all against European immigrants. 

Very much likely to happen with another Tory parliament looming with these stupid elections.

Not that anyone cares for the future of continental Europe born citizens who are resident in the UK anyway...

11 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Propaganda or not, it doesn't seem so unreal in the climate of blame-it-all against European immigrants. 

Very much likely to happen with another Tory parliament looming with these stupid elections.

Not that anyone cares for the future of continental Europe born citizens who are resident in the UK anyway...

But after 40 years in the EU and almost 30 without boundaries, traveling to a European country is like going for a trip. UK people comings to Spain to celebrate a bachelor party or EU citizens going to London for a concert. Not to mention the Eurotunnel connecting London and Paris with business people traveling back and forth each week....

That's simply impossible to stop.

Regarding UK boundaries, I want to tell something. A decade ago landing in London Stansted meant going through a small queue to show your ID card or passport (because they refused to be part of Schengen as most of the EU countries, where you don't even have to show any document and you directly go to grab your suitcase).

Well, since 2014 or 2015 you can't imagine the looooooooonnnng queues to enter that border. With literally thousands of people gathering in a big space before showing the ID. Perfect image to use by the scaremongers that talk about foreigners invading the country. 

I suspect they did something to make the process slower????? It makes no sense that only 10 years ago you barely noticed you were entering the country??????

On 12/3/2019 at 7:25 PM, karbatal said:

But after 40 years in the EU and almost 30 without boundaries, traveling to a European country is like going for a trip. UK people comings to Spain to celebrate a bachelor party or EU citizens going to London for a concert. Not to mention the Eurotunnel connecting London and Paris with business people traveling back and forth each week....

That's simply impossible to stop.

There is no real opposition party capable of intelligently fighting the Leave tribe, as we have seen these last 3 years. When you have a leader (as if) of what is supposed to be the main opposition party declaring that "...terrorists should not necessarily serve a full jail term.." for example, in the aftermath of a recent terrorist attack whereby two people were stabbed to death and others left injured in London, who are people going to be voting for in the upcoming elections? Are they going to cast their vote for the compulsive liar, Eton-breed buffoon who invokes immediate tough measures on all counts, who has put all the blame on the opposition over the terrorists early release legislation, when the buffoon's party 10 years regime could have changed such legislation any time during their 10 years tenure? Or are they going to select the lame mumbling opposition, led by a useless stubborn leader, unofficially almost more Brexiter than the official Brexit tribes are, who keeps on shooting himself on the foot with his stupid declarations (as above example on the early release issue) dragging his party's credibility along, who has only caused major divisions within his own party, to put it mildly? Or are people going to be voting for the underdogs? Tony Blair's decision to take part in the "war on terror" 14 years ago is still not forgiven nor least forgotten, by the same token the Liberal democrats' decision to join forces with the Tories back in 2010 is everything but forgotten or forgiven - that is what people remember and stick for. Meaning: no reason to vote for the Lib dem in lieu of their past mistakes. Never mind that a decade of Tories regime with its austerity rules and cuts has generated more food banks and poverty nationwide than national health services on offer, just to mention one.

Easier to put blame, shifting focus, and paying attention to those who promise order, tough measure and return to a glorious empire (yeah right) without us filthy disgusting European citizens in the way.

Another Tory win, this time led by the blond Eton buffoon, will lead to the process of the UK effectively dislodging its arse out of the EU - it will not be immediate, like the next 5 seconds, but it will happen. As I said above, there is absolutely no one, not a single party with enough credibility voters are likely to select over the current governing party.

In retaliation maybe Spain could reconsider the granting free access to local healthcare for all those British immigrants residing there, who have actually voted FOR the exit of their British isle out of the EU, regardless of consequences. Consequences that will affect them as well.

I very much hope I am totally wrong, but it looks like it is headed for another Tory win or another hung bloody parliament...

56 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

There is no real opposition party capable of intelligently fighting the Leave tribe, as we have seen these last 3 years. When you have a leader (as if) of what is supposed to be the main opposition party declaring that "...terrorists should not necessarily serve a full jail term.." for example, in the aftermath of a recent terrorist attack whereby two people were stabbed to death and others left injured in London, who are people going to be voting for in the upcoming elections? Are they going to cast their vote for the compulsive liar, Eton-breed buffoon who invokes immediate tough measures on all counts, who has put all the blame on the opposition over the terrorists early release legislation, when the buffoon's party 10 years regime could have changed such legislation any time during their 10 years tenure? Or are they going to select the lame mumbling opposition, led by a useless stubborn leader, unofficially almost more Brexiter than the official Brexit tribes are, who keeps on shooting himself on the foot with his stupid declarations (as above example on the early release issue) dragging his party's credibility along, who has only caused major divisions within his own party, to put it mildly? Or are people going to be voting for the underdogs? Tony Blair's decision to take part in the "war on terror" 14 years ago is still not forgiven nor least forgotten, by the same token the Liberal democrats' decision to join forces with the Tories back in 2010 is everything but forgotten or forgiven - that is what people remember and stick for. Meaning: no reason to vote for the Lib dem in lieu of their past mistakes. Never mind that a decade of Tories regime with its austerity rules and cuts has generated more food banks and poverty nationwide than national health services on offer, just to mention one.

Easier to put blame, shifting focus, and paying attention to those who promise order, tough measure and return to a glorious empire (yeah right) without us filthy disgusting European citizens in the way.

Another Tory win, this time led by the blond Eton buffoon, will lead to the process of the UK effectively dislodging its arse out of the EU - it will not be immediate, like the next 5 seconds, but it will happen. As I said above, there is absolutely no one, not a single party with enough credibility voters are likely to select over the current governing party.

In retaliation maybe Spain could reconsider the granting free access to local healthcare for all those British immigrants residing there, who have actually voted FOR the exit of their British isle out of the EU, regardless of consequences. Consequences that will affect them as well.

I very much hope I am totally wrong, but it looks like it is headed for another Tory win or another hung bloody parliament...

I guess countries will make independent deals with the UK once Brexit is a reality? With one million British residents here in Spain and so many tourists I am sure that both countries will find an arrangement and Spanish migrants will have it easy to get a work permit in the UK and our fresh products will keep going to the UK.

What a disgrace that something that was built for decades and became a common space for freedom of movement, goods and services is now renegotiated country by country. 

yes, countries will sign independent deals with the UK, but remember that we are still in the EU, and can´t treat as kings to a country that has left, because it will seem that it´s not a big deal if you leave...and if they treat as like crap in the borders, well, EU should treat them in the same way.and I guess all the british people that live in spain can ask for a change of  nationality?

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

yes, countries will sign independent deals with the UK, but remember that we are still in the EU, and can´t treat as kings to a country that has left, because it will seem that it´s not a big deal if you leave...and if they treat as like crap in the borders, well, EU should treat them in the same way.and I guess all the british people that live in spain can ask for a change of  nationality?

To be fair I wish the EU forbid independent deals. It's unfair for small countries. Why should a Spaniard be treated differently to a Bulgarian when traveling there or working there, for example? 

Which by the way shows how absurd independent movements are sometimes. Spanish passport is one of the most powerful in the world and protects you and gives you so many opportunities. Imagine losing it and getting another one which puts you on the bottom? 

Sometimes I think the world is going crazy.

Boris sounds like a parrot with the 'get brexit done' shite. Of course there are obvious parallels with the annoying orange american with 'make america great again'.

Neither of them seemed to achieve their goals despite having plenty of opportunities and time to do so.

Both of them just appeared to divide each of the respective nations. It's hysterical.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:37 PM, BrendanT1993 said:

Boris sounds like a parrot with the 'get brexit done' shite. Of course there are obvious parallels with the annoying orange american with 'make america great again'.

Neither of them seemed to achieve their goals despite having plenty of opportunities and time to do so.

Both of them just appeared to divide each of the respective nations. It's hysterical.

Sometimes people can be so stupid. I was watching the UK news and some man said "as I voted for Brexit I feel that Boris Johnson is the only one that will finish it". He didn't seem to mind about the political program, which in the very end will affect him every day. 

When did we all become so STUPID? It's happening in every country! 

That advert where he takes off Love Actually to encourage people to vote for Brexit is so corny and pathetic.  He is the new breed of politician - act and appear dumb and "humorous"  ( well,  some find idiots funny )  and people will excuse anything and won't care about their heartless policies and the fact they are compulsive liars that are continually caught out. .  Trump, Boris and Australia's PM Scomo all use this and shockingly,  it seems to work.  Having idiots in charge who talk, act and operate like buffoons while doing so much political damage is the new way and it is terrifying. 

Unfortunately, this election really does seem to be coming down to one issue so Boris' behaviour is being excused.

I've never seen anything like this. Politicians telling people their leader is unfit to govern, to vote for other parties, leaving their parties. 

And really there are only a few key seats that will decide the outcome. It's going to be one hell of an evening tomorrow 😲

After watching footage of Boris Johnson refusing to talk about anything bar the "catch phrase"  of get Brexit done,  I hope to goodness that the UK turn out in droves to vote for Labour.  How anyone could stand having this idiotic fool as their leader is beyond me.  That is even before taking in his ideology and policies - which reflect the right wing of the Tories completely. .  He can't debate, talk properly etc but carries on like a blustering oaf instead which is supposed to be all amusing but is cringe worthy.  It is time for the world to reject the far right before it is too late. 

I think people have massively under estimated how many people want brexit. 

This was a one issue election. 

Even if Corbyn had been replaced, I'm not sure Labour could have won but it might have led to a hung parliament again.

Well, the UK can't mock America for Trump now. Voting Boris in a landslide win is appalling. The world is a fucked up scary place.  How can that stupid, racist, idiotic and heartless Buffoon be the overwhelming choice ? The United States, Brazil, Australia and now the UK. Beyond disgusted at how the hard right have taken over.